The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #151
Drek
Ring of Famer

I like it. Gase brings some fresh insight to the table. McCoy was already educated in Fox's ultra-conservative offense when they were together in Carolina and he was never allowed to really get involved with McDaniels, so the conservatism when he finally got the reigns wasn't surprising.

Gase started out in the college ranks under Saban, then worked with Mariucci in Detroit (the only time Jon Kitna looked like a serviceable QB was with Gase at QB coach), and then had a nice track record here with us as WR coach. He clearly understands multiple layers of NFL offenses and has a more pass oriented background than McCoy, which is where this team needs to go.

Hopefully he incorporates some west coast elements (RB screens!) and more vertical passing into the offense. The former would help open up the middle of the field for our running game, the later is a valuable home run tool any team with Thomas and Decker should be looking to exploit.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #152
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
It was reported that Gase was being groomed to take over the OC spot when McCoy was tapped for a HC position (as has been anticipated for a while) before Manning signed with Denver. I think he will be great at it and be an asset to Maning.
oh i remember, that was when most fans were pissed as heck because they thought McCoy and Gase were both screw ups and should get canned.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #153
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Gase has been replaced by Greg Knapp as QB Coach, guy has 10 years out of his last 12 as an offensive co-ordinator with the Texans, Falcons and most recently the Raiders.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #154
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

really smart hire, allows Gase to be the OC but also have an experienced guy to fall back on for ideas and helping learn the nuances on the role.
plus he's good at developing QB's so it helps with Brock as well as Manning's continued rehab.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #155
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
I like it. Gase brings some fresh insight to the table. McCoy was already educated in Fox's ultra-conservative offense when they were together in Carolina and he was never allowed to really get involved with McDaniels, so the conservatism when he finally got the reigns wasn't surprising.

Gase started out in the college ranks under Saban, then worked with Mariucci in Detroit (the only time Jon Kitna looked like a serviceable QB was with Gase at QB coach), and then had a nice track record here with us as WR coach. He clearly understands multiple layers of NFL offenses and has a more pass oriented background than McCoy, which is where this team needs to go.

Hopefully he incorporates some west coast elements (RB screens!) and more vertical passing into the offense. The former would help open up the middle of the field for our running game, the later is a valuable home run tool any team with Thomas and Decker should be looking to exploit.

Most importantly Manning thinks highly of him and they work well together. I look for some fresh creativity from the duo
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #156
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
oh i remember, that was when most fans were pissed as heck because they thought McCoy and Gase were both screw ups and should get canned.
Ya then.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #157
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Hey guys. Guess what Baja did...
He's been saying Gase was penciled in as OC all season and you would know that if you didn't show up about as much as Mother Teresa visited a topless bar.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #158
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
FYI they passed on Wisenhunt for Gase. Wisenhunt didn't turn us down. We had our choice. The continuity of the offense was a driving force behind it.
That does make sense. Wisenhunt will be looking for another head coaching job next year.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #159
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
I am not sure why you keep doing that.
Gase will keep listening to Fox and will screw us again in big games.
Sorta what I'm thinking...more boring conservative play not to lose.....
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM   #160
BroncosfanGuy

1 game in, but I think we upgraded at offensive coordinator from last year. Thanks, San Diego.
Old 09-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #161
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I'm fine with Gase as OC for Manning, what I'm hoping for is him (and the new QB coach) to be able to groom the next QB after Manning, be that Oz or someone else.
And from what I've seen in the growth from last preseason to this one, Oz is much improved. Additionally, I liked Gase's playcalling on Thursday night (helps when almost everything works).
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #162
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
1 game in, but I think we upgraded at offensive coordinator from last year. Thanks, San Diego.
Indeed. McCoy was crap. All he really proved is that anyone can have success with Peyton Manning and some good receivers.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #163
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Quote:
just like flacco. Rivers just isnt very good without a long tall wideout to go up and catch his duck passes. That weird shotput passing motion isnt so cute nowadays is it?
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #164
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
I couldn't be happier. Losing McCoy was the best thing to happen this offseason.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #165
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
I don't know much about Gase. Loved the game on Thursday and hope he was an integral to that. But I am thrilled McCoy is gone. Didn't like him as a QB at the U of U, did not like him with the Broncos. He's where he belongs.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:03 AM   #166
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I think Manning and Welker on the same page can make a coach look like a genius, he will be a hot commodity at the end of the season
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #167
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Adam Gase is a good coach. Everything he's been asked to coach has improved.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #168
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Guy looks like he'll be the best offensive coordinator since Kubiak was here. Talent at his disposal is rediculous. The offense will need to run the ball better especially when facing nickel fronts the majority of time.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote