The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #27
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
I saw the movie Catfish, did they make it into a TV show too?

It was a pretty good documentary. They got duped into believing an artist was this young girl or something and they surprised her with a visit an went to see her and it was a middleaged woman who kept lieing to them then changing the lie.

I think in the end they were still friendly to each other but it was all kinda odd. They started out making a documentary about one thing and then it morphed into something they weren't expecting.
Yah they guy that got duped now does a weekly show ousting these fakes. To be fair in everyone one I have seen there is glaring issues that should have set someone's spidey senses off.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:57 PM   #28
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
It looks like a major Catholic institution might be trying to cover up misdeeds by one of its public figures? Hard to fathom, I know.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #29
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
All the way to 28th?! Middle linebacker, emotional leader, sketchy alibi...could be the next Ray Lewis!
Sorry you have kill real people to stay rich like Ray Lewis.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #30
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

People are haters, and they're blowing this out of proportion. Manti is a high profile guy, and people are jealous of him. What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, this is history repeating itself all over again. I'm proud of Manti. He only is what he is because he was born that way. Jealousy will get people nowhere.

Anyway, Manti is over it. He already has a new girlfriend. They are trying to keep a low profile, but he's told close friends about her. They met a couple months ago, while Manti was pulling an orphan out of a burning building. After Manti saved the orphan, he stayed by the bedside for 16 straight days, all day and all night. In the process, he met this new girlfriend, who was in the hospital after having been in a horseback-riding accident. She and Manti hit it off - they pretty much knew each other in the preexistence. Unfortunately, shortly after they discovered they were soul mates, his new girlfriend found out she was in the early stages of leprosy. The timing was rough, because Manti was about to introduce her to his family. Now, she's in isolation, with the leprosy. Manti skypes with her all night - even while she's sleeping, and stuff.

I don't want to betray any confidences, or anything. But you have to see this girl. She's totally beautiful. I'm friends with one of Manti's best friends, and Manti gave him a picture of his new girl. Take a look. She's a total babe (she's the one with the long hair)!

DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #31
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So did he have an exlusively online relationship with her?

My wife is always watching this show called "Catfish" which has nothing to do with catfish at all, but is about how normal (supposedly) people have these extensive relationships people online who are not who they are pretending to be.
Love this show! The term catfish came from a quote in the movie.

This Te'o story is the ODDEST thing....in the words of borat...wowowweewow
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #32
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
People are haters, and they're blowing this out of proportion. Manti is a high profile guy, and people are jealous of him. What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, this is history repeating itself all over again. I'm proud of Manti. He only is what he is because he was born that way. Jealousy will get people nowhere.

Anyway, Manti is over it. He already has a new girlfriend. They are trying to keep a low profile, but he's told close friends about her. They met a couple months ago, while Manti was pulling an orphan out of a burning building. After Manti saved the orphan, he stayed by the bedside for 16 straight days, all day and all night. In the process, he met this new girlfriend, who was in the hospital after having been in a horseback-riding accident. She and Manti hit it off - they pretty much knew each other in the preexistence. Unfortunately, shortly after they discovered they were soul mates, his new girlfriend found out she was in the early stages of leprosy. The timing was rough, because Manti was about to introduce her to his family. Now, she's in isolation, with the leprosy. Manti skypes with her all night - even while she's sleeping, and stuff.

I don't want to betray any confidences, or anything. But you have to see this girl. She's totally beautiful. I'm friends with one of Manti's best friends, and Manti gave him a picture of his new girl. Take a look. She's a total babe (she's the one with the long hair)!

HAHAHAHHAA
Old 01-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
see above!! they knew about it.
what deadspin is saying is that Te'o is in on this scam and what they are suggesting is that Tiosussoppi and him fabricated the whole thing. That's a lot different than what Notre Dame is now claiming. Deadspin is making some serious accusations that don't even match up with what ND is now saying.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:38 PM   #34
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Te'o issued a statement Wednesday afternoon:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #35
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Here's my only question with this whole situation:

How can such a beta b**** be such a good linebacker?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #36
extralife
Ring of Famer

looks like Teo really wanted that Heisman trophy. when you can't tackle anyone, sometimes you gotta make up stories about leukemia car crashes, I guess.

****, I wish I had heard of this story at some point before this. car crash into leukemia? fluff pieces in student newspaper about the entire relationship? she's dying and he never visited her? and yet his voice almost took her out of a coma (give me a ****ing break!)? her last words are "I love you" and we are privy to this, which means someone felt like sharing them with the press? I would have called it fake long ago.

Last edited by extralife; 01-16-2013 at 03:52 PM..
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:49 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

I dont buy this for even half a second. There's no way he'd go public about an online relationship with someone he never met. That's complete horse****.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #38
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
In an interview with ESPN for College GameDay on Oct. 2, Te'o said that Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."
Either te'o is a complete moron or he was in it for the publicity. I believe it's the latter.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #39
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
HAHAHAHHAA
Okay, I don't know what's funny. Are you implying that the story isn't true?

Whatever.

Here's a picture that would seem to prove it.

Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #40
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Sounds to me like Te'o was in on the scam, along with this Tuiossooppoo guy and I'm thinking Te'o family too. I mean how can his parents not know this is a scam too?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:54 PM   #41
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Wait, I thought they "met" at a Notre Dame-Stanford game? And I thought she "visited" him in Hawaii?

Do I have that wrong?
Old 01-16-2013, 04:00 PM   #42
extralife
Ring of Famer

the best part about this: everyone can finally go back to hating Notre Dame. things were getting hairy for a while there.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #43
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

And so the damage control spin begins and the story changes. After this bizarre story and the terrible BCS performance, If he puts up some pedestrian numbers at the combine, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he drops all the way to the bottom of the 1st round.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #44
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Ruh-roh:

Quote:
The Notre Dame statement creates more questions than it answers, because it paints Teo as the victim. But how can Teo be the victim of a false relationship that apparently involved more than online contact between Teo and someone who never existed? Teo and Kakua supposedly had met, she supposedly had visited him in Hawaii, and he supposedly had spent hours interacting with her and her family via phone.

Meanwhile, its convenient to say the least that Notre Dame became aware of the hoax the day after Christmas and said nothing about it until after the story broke.

The Deadspin item seems to imply strongly that Teo wasnt the victim but the instigator, possibly working with Ronaiah Tuiasosopo (a member of the well-known Tuiasosopo football family) to manufacture a personal tragedy for the purposes of widespread publicity publicity that nearly resulted in Teo becoming the first true defensive player to win the Heisman Trophy.

Teo has many questions to answer regarding the situation. Regardless of whether he does so publicly, hell be doing so privately in the interviews and meetings that will precede the draft. Teams will want to know whether he can be trusted, and likewise what flaw possibly exists in his personality to prompt the fabrication of a girlfriend who would die during the season and draw Gipper-like attention to his football career.

It could be ugly, one league source with extensive knowledge of the pre-draft process told PFT.

Actually, its already ugly.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
So did he have an exlusively online relationship with her?

My wife is always watching this show called "Catfish" which has nothing to do with catfish at all, but is about how normal (supposedly) people have these extensive relationships people online who are not who they are pretending to be.
And my wife really likes Downton Abby.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #46
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Honest question - Are you guys telling me that if Te'o drops to us, we don't run to the podium?
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #47
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

$100000000 says Teo's gay and he was trying to cover that up with this fake girlfriend bit.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #48
extralife
Ring of Famer

I think he'll be off of a lot of draft boards entirely.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #49
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
$100000000 says Teo's gay and he was trying to cover that up with this fake girlfriend bit.
he wanted a heisman trophy. if you want to pretend to not be gay, there are plenty of Real Girls in the world, I promise.
Old 01-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #50
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote