The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #26
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

What an idiot Fox is..So many chances to put the game away..he plays scared.
At this age..i don't think he will change his philosophy.

This season is worse than Shanny regular season choking and Mcd's.

Almost 4 days over.still can't forget the way we choked.
Hopefully..with time..i can forget 2012 season.

Last edited by go_broncos; 01-16-2013 at 03:09 PM..
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #27
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
The elephant in the room may have been Fox knew Manning was physically limited throwing downfield, limited throwing with velocity downfield.

And if you're gonna try to move the ball 50 yds in two/three plays Manning would have had to hit some 20 yd throws with mustard on them. Did Manning hit an out pattern all day?
I don't think he even tried.

One possibility is that there was something wrong with his arm (or his grip in the cold) and some people have speculated about that.

Another is that our pass-blocking just wasn't good enough to allow the time for downfield throws. We had some big problems, especially in the interior, and after Moreno went out, we lost any decent RB blitz protection.

Or a combination of the above.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #28
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I don't think he even tried.

One possibility is that there was something wrong with his arm (or his grip in the cold) and some people have speculated about that.

Another is that our pass-blocking just wasn't good enough to allow the time for downfield throws. We had some big problems, especially in the interior, and after Moreno went out, we lost any decent RB blitz protection.

Or a combination of the above.
I'm thinking maybe a combination of the above, but they don't want to say it publically, that would be throwing some guys under the bus, and they don't do that.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:38 PM   #29
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
What an idiot Fox is..So many chances to put the game away..he plays scared.
At this age..i don't think he will change his philosophy.

This season is worse than Shanny regular season choking and Mcd's.

Almost 4 days over.still can't forget the way we choked.
Hopefully..with time..i can forget 2012 season.
Www.eharmony.com
www.okcupid.com
www.plentyoffish.com
www.adultfriendfinder.com
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #30
Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Thing that pisses me off most about this is that he still comes out and says "I'd do it 10 out of 10 times"

Why pop a squat on PFM in hurry up mode and let it all ride on a coin flip? It's senseless.
I started a thread a couple days ago criticizing Elway for publicly backing Fox. It is sensible to think that a GM will NEVER criticize their coach in public, and in fact, Elway probably had a nice chat with John Fox regarding some of the decisions he made on the field. I might actually believe that Elway had some words with Fox behind closed doors IF Fox was not so damn stubborn and arrogant saying he would make the same decision 10 out of 10 times.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #31
Drunken.Broncoholic

Myredbook.com might be a better site for him
Old 01-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #32
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vine View Post
I started a thread a couple days ago criticizing Elway for publicly backing Fox. It is sensible to think that a GM will NEVER criticize their coach in public, and in fact, Elway probably had a nice chat with John Fox regarding some of the decisions he made on the field. I might actually believe that Elway had some words with Fox behind closed doors IF Fox was not so damn stubborn and arrogant saying he would make the same decision 10 out of 10 times.
Manning and Elway were reading from the same script. No way they throw fox under the bus in the media/public eye. But I have to believe they would do neither decisions. Especially kneeling.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 PM   #33
nyuk nyuk

Who knows, but I was very unhappy with this decision. Elway wouldn't have liked it as a player. I can't imagine him not wanting to do passes down the sidelines and a quick bob out of bounds.

Good article and it sheds light on the numbers, that's for sure. After all, the whole game plan has been one criticized as being not to win but to not lose, which is... What we saw with Tebow.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #34
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Manning and Elway were reading from the same script. No way they throw fox under the bus in the media/public eye. But I have to believe they would do neither decisions. Especially kneeling.
We'll probably never know what was said behind closed doors. I find it atrocious.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
We'll probably never know what was said behind closed doors. I find it atrocious.
Atrocious is the word. We'll never know what was said and we'll never know what would've happened had they made the effort in the game