The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default So 2 out of our 3 Division opponenents

will have head coaches that were our coordinators. LaCanfora is reporting McCoy to San Diego is almost done
LetsGoBroncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
Mile High 81
Solid Starter

I just hope that he plays out the same way allen did on oakland. that would be very very nice.
Mile High 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

And here I'd been nervous since they fired Norv that they'd make a massive upgrade with Arians. McCoy is a lateral move with Norv.

Priceless, San Diego. Priceless.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

They all want to be like the Bronx!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 AM   #6
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

And here I'd been nervous since they fired Norv that they'd make a massive upgrade with Arians. McCoy is a lateral move with Norv.

I disagree.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #7
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:

Funny, Arians was not a popular choice among Charger fans. McCoy wasn't really either though. Seemed like Bradley was the popular choice.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I disagree.
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
Funny, Arians was not a popular choice among Charger fans. McCoy wasn't really either though. Seemed like Bradley was the popular choice.
Arians and Reid were the only two I REALLY didn't want in division. I'm taking solace in SD's colossal blunder accompanying the comedy of lulz in Oakland.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #9
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I really thought McCoy would end up in Chicago. I wonder if Arians will end up in Chicago now?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #10
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Say what you want about Fox and Elway, but they seem to find coaches that the rest of the league thinks are pretty good. Whether they are right or not is up for debate, but what does that say to coordinators looking for a job if coming here eventually finds you getting interviewed as a head coach somewhere?
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I really thought McCoy would end up in Chicago. I wonder if Arians will end up in Chicago now?
Nobody wants to deal with Cutler....
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I like the idea that the Broncos are perceived around the NFL as one of the premier teams to work for and I think Elway is doing a great job in re-establishing the Broncos as one of the premier NFL teams. Working with Manning certainly has to be enticing as well.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #13
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Just because

Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #14
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Okay.

Arians and Reid were the only two I REALLY didn't want in division. I'm taking solace in SD's colossal blunder accompanying the comedy of lulz in Oakland.
So, you are glad the Chargers didn't get Arians. I'm glad they didn't as well.

We'll see what happens and if Arians even gets a job anywhere (still a few openings left).

I don't have much of an opinion on Allen yet. It's only been one year and he's been hampered with no draft picks last year. He's going to need a couple of more years to be given a fair chance there.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:49 AM   #15
COWheatGrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Say what you want about Fox and Elway, but they seem to find coaches that the rest of the league thinks are pretty good. Whether they are right or not is up for debate, but what does that say to coordinators looking for a job if coming here eventually finds you getting interviewed as a head coach somewhere?
McCoy was McDaniels' offensive coordinator, but the new staff deserves credit for retaining him.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #16
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWheatGrower View Post
McCoy was McDaniels' offensive coordinator, but the new staff deserves credit for retaining him.
McCoy worked under Fox for years Carolina, not a reach that he was retained when Fox took over.

I think mCcoy is closer to becoming a good HC than Allen is. The only thing that scares me about mCCoy is that he has adapted to his players and learned what not to do under mCd and how to be professional under Fox. Can see SD going 8-8 or better next year. Plus mCC knows the total skinny about PM so he can build a D designed to attack his weaknesses the best.

Hate that 2 of our OC's went to divisional rivals, glad neither went to kFc. Reid will be trying to figure out how to break down AFC teams and Oakland and SD will have coaches from the Division who know how to beat each other.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
So, you are glad the Chargers didn't get Arians. I'm glad they didn't as well.

We'll see what happens and if Arians even gets a job anywhere (still a few openings left).

I don't have much of an opinion on Allen yet. It's only been one year and he's been hampered with no draft picks last year. He's going to need a couple of more years to be given a fair chance there.
Allen is the coach and not the GM and Oakland was one of, if not THE, most undisciplined, penalized, mismanaged, and underperforming teams in the NFL.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:40 AM   #18
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

If they go to naming divisions after people, like hockey used to, I guess this is officially the Fox division.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #19
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

Quote:
Allen is the coach and not the GM and Oakland was one of, if not THE, most undisciplined, penalized, mismanaged, and underperforming teams in the NFL.
Yeah, they should just keep hiring new HCs every year...
Old 01-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #20
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i think Allen will do well in Oakland. they had a crappy roster filled with idiots and malcontents. plus they were still handicapped by that Carson Palmer trade.
this year McKenzie and co will get to retool the roster more and Allen will have new coaches to smarten up the draftees.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #21
COWheatGrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i think Allen will do well in Oakland. they had a crappy roster filled with idiots and malcontents. plus they were still handicapped by that Carson Palmer trade.
this year McKenzie and co will get to retool the roster more and Allen will have new coaches to smarten up the draftees.
I think McKenzie is a capable personnel guy, but I was a little underwhelmed by Allen's coaching moves on the ground level.

The Raiders scraped Hue Jackson's playbook which posted a top five offensive ranking in 2011 and hired a rethread in Greg Knapp that brought in the west coast system and the running game never got going. They also parted ways with esteemed offensive line coach Bob Wylie and one year later his replacement is already gone. So far, Allen hasn't shown me that he is willing to adapt to his talent. He's pretty stuck in his ways if you ask me.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:17 PM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWheatGrower View Post
I think McKenzie is a capable personnel guy, but I was a little underwhelmed by Allen's coaching moves on the ground level.

The Raiders scraped Hue Jackson's playbook which posted a top five offensive ranking in 2011 and hired a rethread in Greg Knapp that brought in the west coast system and the running game never got going. They also parted ways with esteemed offensive line coach Bob Wylie and one year later his replacement is already gone. So far, Allen hasn't shown me that he is willing to adapt to his talent. He's pretty stuck in his ways if you ask me.
Gotta agree on this. Carson Palmer is not a west coast system guy, at all. The faiders are stuck with Palmer for another year due to his contract so why not try and win with the QB you got? The faiders had some talent, the cupboards were not bare.