The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM   #26
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I watched the replay on NFLN of the first couple series in the game. I remember watching it live and Vinob****'s mic didnt work for the entire first half...well in the replay they seemed to have the audio from Carter's DPI. He says "Pass Interference, CUTOFF on the defense".

I guess now corners arent allowed to defend a spot on the field that the receiver is running to. If a DB is standing or running to a spot and the receiver is running to the same spot, the DB has to get out of the way and let the WR run by otherwise it is a "cutoff" penalty.

But if a DB grabs the receiver's arms not allowing the receiver to reach up to catch the ball and causes the ball to deflect up into the air for a pick-6, that is A-OK.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #27
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Nothing good can come of me reading this article. The scab must be allowed to heal. I'm like a highly-sensitive mental patient right now.
This. I need to go through all the stages of anger. Reading these articles will only bring me back.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:45 AM   #28
MplsBronco
Ring of Famer

The single call that irks me the most is the holding call on Kuper on 3rd and 1. That was about the 3rd holding call on a RUNNING play and you never see it called in short yardage. That's all I need to know that the refs were slanted one way when you consider Balt wasn't called for a single holding all game.

The other plays were bang, bang and I actually think Boldin caught that ball. But that holding negated a first down and then led to us having to pass on 3rd and 11 and then the fumble. I believe we were across the 50 going in the right direction for a FG so very likely we get at least 3 there to go up 10.
MplsBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:26 AM   #29
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Pereira has his head up the NFL's ass. The refs completely destroyed the Broncos' momentum with that phony PI call against Carter. They then proceeded to repeatedly destroy the pace of our offense in ****ed up conference after ****ed up conference. And how about Boldin's "reception?" His hand was on top of the ball and the ball was on the ground, dumb ****s!
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:30 AM   #30
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Not only the bad calls, this game ****ing lasted forever. What was it? The 4th longest game in NFL history? Partially because the refs had their heads up their asses and couldn't make decisions/get field position right.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #31
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Vinovich, who had been out of football for 6 years prior to 2012, came back as a replacement official. He was then kept on, managed to officiate the most-flagged game of the year, and then work a Divisional Playoff game. Prior to this divisional playoff game, Vinovich had officiated two (2) playoff games: a 2003 divisional game and a 2006 wild card game.

But he was assigned a divisional game in 2012 after being out of the league for 6 years.

Someone explain to me how that happens.
I'd like to hear an explanation about this, too. There had to be a number of refs that called games this season, why not choose one of those guys? Instead, they get this Vinovich guy. Who chooses the refs for the games,
anyway? Goodell?
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #32
Pick Six
Armchair Poster

The "tuck rule" play was one of the least objectionable calls, in my mind. He DID bring it all the way into his body. I'm more irate about the lack of consistency with PI calls and holding calls...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #33
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

The champ PI one kills me because that would have made an enormous difference at a critical time. It was thrown by an official thirty yards away and was just a great play on the ball
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #34
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...be-an-nfl-fan/

"Pass interference is ill-defined and inconsistently called in the NFL. Itís frustrating, with how big a penalty pass interference can be, to see how the NFLís officials can never agree on what is ó and what is not ó pass interference. We saw that three times in the first 10 minutes of the Ravens-Broncos game, and it went against Denver all three times: Baltimoreís first-quarter touchdown drive was kept alive by a shaky pass interference call on a third-down incompletion, then Corey Graham appeared to commit pass interference but wasnít flagged on his interception return for a touchdown, then Demaryius Thomas was tripped on a deep pass from Peyton Manning but didnít get the call. In overtime another questionable pass interference call went against Denverís Champ Bailey. Itís not so much that any of those calls were blatantly wrong, itís more that the NFL officials are so inconsistent in the way they call pass interference that no one ever knows when the official will throw the flag and when heíll keep it in his pocket. On such a pivotal penalty ó the only penalty that can give a team more than 15 yards ó the NFL has to find more consistency.

The Ravens-Broncos officiating stunk even aside from pass interference. A phantom hold that called off a Broncos first down run. An absurdly long series of conferences while the officials debated an illegal hands to the face call. A refereeís decision to unilaterally abolish the tuck rule. I could go on but I think Iíll stop, because itís depressing to focus too much on the officials after a great game. The officiating was a mess"
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #35
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ Good find, GD. If that doesn't just about sum it up I don't know what does. Not that it makes me feel any better.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #36
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Pereira is just an NFL stooge.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:32 AM   #37
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Funny how he cherry picks plays to defend!

The two most indefensible non-calls were the first PI on the Decker mugging that results in a Ref aided gimme Pick 6 for the Ravens and the winning margin in this game!!

Followed by the PI and obvious tripping of DT that prevented a sure TD as well.. They get even one of those right and we win this game as we should have, in spite of all the other bad calls on the muggings of Doom and Von when rushing Flacco, our own secondary screw ups and poor play calling at the end of the game.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:33 AM   #38
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I hate when they bring him on during games because he talks in circles doesn't say anything about anything!
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:35 AM   #39
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Note to Pereira: if there's enough controversy over officiating of a given game for you to feel you have to publicly "defend" the officials... just maybe a problem might exist. We fans aren't blind or stupid; we know what we saw and it doesn't work to piss down our leg and tell us it's raining.
^^This^^
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:00 PM   #40
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
"Two plays I want to use to illustrate my point were interpreted differently by the announcing crew, which I'm sure swayed public perception.
What this tells me is that the league is laying the groundwork for a new policy next season where (1) the tv crew will face fines for disagreeing with the on field officials like players and coaches are or (2) they'll be told to not comment on plays under review until the ref announces his decision. And they'll be told to agree with them.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote