The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

He's 22 or 23 years old. He's definitely good enough and young enough to get better. I'm sure his teammates are pissed, but they don't hold grudges like the media and fans. Pro athletes are some of the most positive people on the planet and love second chances.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #27
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

The only way he should come back is to polish Champ's walker.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #28
milehighJC
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
And when you make a mistake of that magnitude, you get fired. Even in the "real" world.
Not necessarily. A smart organization looks at the mistake in context of overall performance. Are his core skills good? Is he prone to these types of mistakes? Has he learned from this one? Is it likely to happen again?

No question that this particular mistake cost the Broncos the game in this particular situation. To his credit, he has owned it, but it is not his first ugly mistake. IT will be interesting to see what the Broncos do. I would guess he is gone too...
milehighJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:35 AM   #29
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Despite the blame people would like to assign elsewhere for all the crap that some other players did before that play, the simple fact is: we still had a 97% chance of winning the game before that play. This is not debatable. It sucks that one play essentially decided the game and it's going to change that one player's life, possible for the rest of his life, but the facts are the facts.

There are certainly arguments for keeping him and arguments for cutting him. I don't want to make any snap judgments either way, but if half the team wants him gone that badly, I think you have to do it.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #30
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Like I say, trade him to a team in the AFCW. It could be a win/win.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 AM   #31
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dude didn't just make a mistake or get beat. He made a conscious decision to abandon his responsibility and go for personal glory.

Doesn't mean he's a bad person -- just means he has no business on my Broncos.

Ship him now.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #32
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Same exact things said about Rahim can be said about Manning's final pick.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #33
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
It was a horrible mistake, but this sort of **** is character building. He's a good, young player with upside. You dont get rid of him. You see how he reacts to this.
this^

It was an expensive learning experience for everyone involved. Now you hope that you can recoup some of that cost with future play from a more experienced player. Of course he could just crumble from it, or not learn anything from it. Then you dump him.

He will definitely never live it down. That was a monumental boneheaded play of epic proportions.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #34
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again. When you let yourself get into that position, you deserve to lose. It rarely comes down to just one play. Yes, Moore was an idiot...but Denver as a team did plenty to **** that game up before then.

I don't want to see the kid remain a Bronco, but this wasn't just on him...not by a long shot.
We were a 97% favorite to win that game. That was the situation. I will take that situation every game next year. Against Kansas City, Oakland, New England, ANY game.

Despite all the bs and bad play and bad calls, we were a 97% favorite to win that game with a minute left. I will take that any game any year.

Its like fielding a ground ball bare handed and doing a spin move to look cool and ****ing up. With a runner on 3rd with 2 outs up by 1 in the LCS.

Its like a fast break all alone and trying a windmill dunk and ****ing it all up. In game 7 of the conference semis with the clock running down and it's tied.

Last edited by spdirty; 01-14-2013 at 10:19 AM..
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:19 AM   #35
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

He'll be back and hopefully with some competition
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 AM   #36
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.
It was a mistake. The guy watched Pitta too closely while the receiver got past him. He tried to recover but didn't get there in time. In fairness he should have run through the receiver instead of going for the ball. But he had a big turnaround season and is developing into a good player. We dump him and he will be a treasure to another franchise
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:48 AM   #37
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Put him on the practice squad for 8 games, Moreno improved after that happened to him!
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #38
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
It was a mistake. The guy watched Pitta too closely while the receiver got past him. He tried to recover but didn't get there in time. In fairness he should have run through the receiver instead of going for the ball. But he had a big turnaround season and is developing into a good player. We dump him and he will be a treasure to another franchise
Yep, he was spying Pitta and had he forgot about Pitta and just covered Jones, and then maybe Flacco chucks it to Pitta and Pitta makes a huge play for big yardage we'd all be down on Moore for that as well. Moore simply got there a little too late and he did not time his leap well and the rest is history.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:02 AM   #39
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
Same exact things said about Rahim can be said about Manning's final pick.
The fact that both exist while not knowing what could've been cause our coaching staff was too scared and didn't trust the offense in 2 different scenarios to end the game is what hurts the most.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

[QUOTE=Tombstone RJ;3781220]Yep, he was spying Pitta and had he forgot about Pitta and just covered Jones, and then maybe Flacco chucks it to Pitta and Pitta makes a huge play for big yardage we'd all be down on Moore for that as well. Moore simply got there a little too late and he did not time his leap well and the rest is history.[/QUOTE

Wrong. I wouldn't be as upset with a 30 yard gain. I wouldn't be as upset if Moore flat out ran into the reciever getting PI. Neither is a TD. It's pop Warner knowledge that you NEVER let someone get past the coverage in that situation. I've seen teams put a player at the 5 yard line when that play starts. He did that in college and still doing it today. His routes to the ball have always been bad.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #41
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

[QUOTE=Drunken.Broncoholic;3781226]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Yep, he was spying Pitta and had he forgot about Pitta and just covered Jones, and then maybe Flacco chucks it to Pitta and Pitta makes a huge play for big yardage we'd all be down on Moore for that as well. Moore simply got there a little too late and he did not time his leap well and the rest is history.[/QUOTE

Wrong. I wouldn't be as upset with a 30 yard gain. I wouldn't be as upset if Moore flat out ran into the reciever getting PI. Neither is a TD. It's pop Warner knowledge that you NEVER let someone get past the coverage in that situation. I've seen teams put a player at the 5 yard line when that play starts. He did that in college and still doing it today. His routes to the ball have always been bad.
I'm just saying that maybe Flacco throws to Pitta and Moore gets there too late (because he's favoring Jones), doesn't make the tackle and the ratbirds have a huge, huge play and maybe get a TD that way. Yes, Moore should have favored Jones, there's no doubt about it but who knows what could have happened if he completely ignores Pitta.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #42
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

What happened to Michael Dean Perry after the 96-97 season?

The whole team was flat that day, but it was Perry's slow walk off the field (and the resulting penalty) that gave Jax the final chance they needed to win.

Mitigating circumstances here are that (a) Moore's a much, much younger player and (b) the bonehead move here was being selfish and overaggressive rather than lazy.

So I'm not sure that Moore gets cut or traded, but I guarantee he'll be facing stiff competion for that spot in the offseason.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #43
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
What happened to Michael Dean Perry after the 96-97 season?

The whole team was flat that day, but it was Perry's slow walk off the field (and the resulting penalty) that gave Jax the final chance they needed to win.

Mitigating circumstances here are that (a) Moore's a much, much younger player and (b) the bonehead move here was being selfish and overaggressive rather than lazy.

So I'm not sure that Moore gets cut or traded, but I guarantee he'll be facing stiff competion for that spot in the offseason.
Hopefully, from Champ.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #44
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

my thought was that we needed a S before the play and it reinforced my opinion after that.
Moore will be fine, he's a 2nd year player with his first full season of starting under his belt.

we need a SS draftee in case Carter can't come back quickly.
this will be a huge learning experience for Moore and it will force him to get better.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #45
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I more blame Bailey then Moore. Moore is a young player while Bailey was supposed to be playing for his big career ending swan song. Instead he got burnt 4 times but luckily only gave up the 2 big plays. Also Manning with turnovers and a pick 6? But people want to blame moore for it all because his bad play was last? Nope Bailey has more to blame then any other defender. He is the HOF player. He is the big leader. He is the big stud and he played the worst game he ever has in Denver.

Baliey, Manning and the coaching staff deserve more blame then Moore.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:00 PM   #46
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I more blame Bailey then Moore. Moore is a young player while Bailey was supposed to be playing for his big career ending swan song. Instead he got burnt 4 times but luckily only gave up the 2 big plays. Also Manning with turnovers and a pick 6? But people want to blame moore for it all because his bad play was last? Nope Bailey has more to blame then any other defender. He is the HOF player. He is the big leader. He is the big stud and he played the worst game he ever has in Denver.

Baliey, Manning and the coaching staff deserve more blame then Moore.
Again, even with manning and bailey playing awful, we still had a 97.5% chance to win. That is a situation I will take any time any game. That play lost the game more than anything else.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Again, even with manning and bailey playing awful, we still had a 97.5% chance to win. That is a situation I will take any time any game. That play lost the game more than anything else.
Bailey has no one but himself to blame now. I lost a lot of respect for him with that performance. CHOKE!!!!!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #48
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

If other players have an issue with him I'd **** them out. It's not as if at some point in these pro's careers they've made a mistake or 10.

This is the bloody NFL, not the playground, the Broncos invested a 2nd rd pick in this kid and this season was the first in which we've seen any real progress and you wanna throw him to the lions

One play does not make a career, if we'd have binned Elway after some of his shocking Superbowl performances wtf would the Broncos history be right now
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #49
Al Wilson
Perennial Pro-bowler

Everyone wants Moore's head on a plate. What about Champ Bailey? He got owned like a b**** all game and deserves more heat than Moore. Bailey got b**** slapped in that game
Al Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #50
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
If other players have an issue with him I'd **** them out. It's not as if at some point in these pro's careers they've made a mistake or 10.

This is the bloody NFL, not the playground, the Broncos invested a 2nd rd pick in this kid and this season was the first in which we've seen any real progress and you wanna throw him to the lions

One play does not make a career, if we'd have binned Elway after some of his shocking Superbowl performances wtf would the Broncos history be right now
Letting a receiver get behind you in that type of game situation is much more than a simple mistake. You have to question the guy's ability to understand simple game concepts.