The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default Why should Rahim Moore be back next year?

After effectively costing us the season, and destroying everything that team and coaching staff worked so hard all year for.

He is despised by at least 90% of the fanbase. Probably worse than McDaniels.

What do you think the coaches think about him?

What do you think the players think of him?

Where is his head right now? I saw a poster say he was in a restaurant yesterday staring into outer space just zoned out.

Even if he comes back to be the next Ed Reed, he will NEVER live this down here. 20 years from now people will remember this and remember his name with disgust. Perry and Lilly haven't lived down their **** ups for ****s sakes. And Lilly was 26 years ago, Perry 16.

I just don't know how you can justify bringing him back after this.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2013, 08:49 AM   #2
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

I never want to see him in the O&B again.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,445

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

It was a horrible mistake, but this sort of **** is character building. He's a good, young player with upside. You dont get rid of him. You see how he reacts to this.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Domostick
Training Camp Junkie!
 
Wrath of Khan

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Westminster
Posts: 107

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.
Domostick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:53 AM   #7
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,746

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domostick View Post
Well I hope you want to get rid of Champ Bailey and Manning then too because they had just as much of an effect on the outcome as Moore. That's why I'll let John Elway sit back and make those decisions.
No they didn't. NOBODY is more responsible for this loss than Rahim Moore.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:55 AM   #8
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams
 
ludo21's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 19,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default

serious?

if the players hate him, then I agree get rid of him. But if the lockerroom is fine then let the kid learn and move on.

He had a great year and is still improving.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:56 AM   #9
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,802

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Rahim moore...Why did you do this mistake??
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:57 AM   #10
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer
 
Gutless Drunk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4,445

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.
He was going for the pick to be hero. That's what Moore meant when he said "I got too happy" That's what Clough intimated the other players think.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #11
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,657

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Ummm...no...

Rahim Moore did NOT cost us the game. Poor playcalling, sub-par offensive play, and poor officiating cost us the game....
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I dont understand why it was "selfish." It was DUMB. You cant let a guy get behind you like that, but selfish is an odd word to use.
Because, his play completely ignored the game situation (and what was best for the team) and he opted instead for a grandstand play that it turns out, he couldn't make.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #13
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck
 
Chris's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,576

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default

I think the other players should be looking at their own ****ty performances (not you Wolfe, Vick, Woodyard, Harris, Adams, Stokely) before looking at any one thing in that awful game that cost us the W.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Because, his play completely ignored the game situation (and what was best for the team) and he opted instead for a grandstand play that it turns out, he couldn't make.
I still think thats dumb, not selfish. He made a snap decision in the moment. A selfish play would have been for him to run away because he didn't want to get hurt because he's in a contract year or something. I dont think he was making a conscious choice in the moment.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #15
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I think the other players should be looking at their own ****ty performances (not you Wolfe, Vick, Woodyard, Harris, Adams, Stokely) before looking at any one thing in that awful game that cost us the W.
I wonder what Stoke's future is with us. Still looks like he's got it to me. But we could use some more speed out of the slot. Is there room on this roster for both?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:05 AM   #16
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,852

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

By spdirty's stupid logic, lets get rid of Kuper, Champ, Manning, Von Miller, Dumervil, Woodyard, Prater because of this game. Fire this staff as well for their conservative game play throughout the game and in OT.

It was a team effort in that loss, nobody showed up except Holliday.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #17
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

First, hes young guy with upside who played pretty well this season
Second, Rahim will beat himself up to a pulp this offseason... and he should... but I hope it motivates him to step up big next year and be the guy who wins that close game with a big play, rather than be the liability
Third, I bet he never underplays a deep throw in the Dvision round playoff game again... lol... so we have that going for us...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:17 AM   #18
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,854
Default

Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still think thats dumb, not selfish. He made a snap decision in the moment. A selfish play would have been for him to run away because he didn't want to get hurt because he's in a contract year or something. I dont think he was making a conscious choice in the moment.
No. It was waaaay beyond dumb. Dumb would have been tackling the receiver while the ball was in the air, which still would have been better than playing short and going for the ball.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 20,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
No. It was waaaay beyond dumb. Dumb would have been tackling the receiver while the ball was in the air, which still would have been better than playing short and going for the ball.
Oh its the dumbest thing possibly imaginable. I still dont think its selfish. Just really ****ing dumb.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.

I agree, Mr. Buckner.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #22
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
After effectively costing us the season, and destroying everything that team and coaching staff worked so hard all year for.

He is despised by at least 90% of the fanbase. Probably worse than McDaniels.

What do you think the coaches think about him?

What do you think the players think of him?

Where is his head right now? I saw a poster say he was in a restaurant yesterday staring into outer space just zoned out.

Even if he comes back to be the next Ed Reed, he will NEVER live this down here. 20 years from now people will remember this and remember his name with disgust. Perry and Lilly haven't lived down their **** ups for ****s sakes. And Lilly was 26 years ago, Perry 16.

I just don't know how you can justify bringing him back after this.
Absolutey you bring him back!!!!!!!!!! The very fact that he cares tells me he is worth bringing back. I hate it when the Broncos give up on young players too soon and they go to other teams and have success.

Moore made a mistake, the good news is he should have the opportunities to make up for this mistake by playing more games for the Broncos in the future.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #23
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
Some folks need to remember it is just a football game and not a life and death situation. Kid made a mistake on the job, something that we all do. He will be back and will learn from the mistake which will make him a better player.
And when you make a mistake of that magnitude, you get fired. Even in the "real" world.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 22,243

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"What do you think the players think of him?"

Sandy Clough just intimated on radio that privately offensive players are furious at his selfish play. So much so, that he thinks it will be a "schism" situation and Moore should be done here.
Sandy Clough is a turd, and a tard, and doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Trust me on this, please!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,737

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

I have said it before and I will say it again. When you let yourself get into that position, you deserve to lose. It rarely comes down to just one play. Yes, Moore was an idiot...but Denver as a team did plenty to **** that game up before then.

I don't want to see the kid remain a Bronco, but this wasn't just on him...not by a long shot.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:38 AM.


Denver Broncos