The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2013, 05:12 AM   #51
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

makes me sick that after being one of the best seasons this team has ever had, including QB play, he cant even do what tim tebow did and step up when needed the most. just crazy how bad this team was as a whole yesterday.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:20 AM   #52
HorseHead
Ring of Famer

Stay thirsty my friends..

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bay Bay

Manning can't play Safety or Corner...
HorseHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #53
Toshiro Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseHead View Post
Manning can't play Safety or Corner...
But he sure can throw pick 6s into triple coverage.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #54
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Wish we didn't sign manning.
Complete season is ruined because of this game.
Everybody played horrible.
I still couldn't believe we lost this game..
Couldn't sleep properly.

Manning is not clutch in playoffs..It's a fact..
This season reminds me of brett favre with Vikings.
Everyone knew that he will screw up in playoffs.

We can't do anything as we might not even reach playoffs with Brock.
Wish we had a QB that delivers in regular season and playoffs.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:31 AM   #55
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
makes me sick that after being one of the best seasons this team has ever had, including QB play, he cant even do what tim tebow did and step up when needed the most. just crazy how bad this team was as a whole yesterday.
The goal of each season is to first make the playoffs. Then it's to advance in the playoffs.

You do realize that we technically made it as far this year as last year right?

So technically Tebow did not step up any further. I'm seeing quite a bit of tebow talk again. Does the dude even have a job anymore?

The loss sucked without a doubt but let's at least get our facts correct when defining the season.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-13-2013 at 05:33 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 AM   #56
Toshiro Takashi

The Denver offense only scored 21 points. Take away Trindon Holliday and the game wasn't even that close. The pick 6 Peyton threw to Corey Graham was into triple coverage. When 3 defenders are covering 1 receiver that usually means there's going to be somebody else wide open. Classic playoff Peyton.
Old 01-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #57
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot 37 View Post
Interesting, to read the stuff over here compared the Colts message board. The Peyton apologists are still going strong over there. I guess you spent too many years watching the Anti-Manning (Elway), put up average numbers but deliver in the clutch.
That's the point of football in the end isn't it?

Baseball is the game where technicians can show up for the grind day to day where stats add up directly to wins in the grand scheme of things. Everything works in a much more binary fashion there.

In Football its man against man, 11 against 11, we're going to take what we want and assert dominance. Listen to great players talk about he game, they always talk about how critical confidence is. That swagger. Every guy on an NFL club needs to have the psychology of an NBA shooting guard, no matter how many you miss knowing that you're one more shot away from making it rain all night.

This team lacks swagger. Thomas is starting to find some and Miller has it, but other than that we got none. Champ is getting old and clearly doesn't trust his wheels like he used to. Manning has always been and will always be a technician who gets your foot in the door but doesn't have the emotional gravitas to blow it wide open.

That's the funny thing about Tim Tebow. He can't read defenses and anything inside 15 yards is a questionable pass but he's got more swagger and emotional strength than anyone I've ever seen. He's made for big games. Its not just that they aren't too big for him, it's that he feeds off of them. The way that kid's mind works is amazing, but also a story for another time.

As for Manning - I'd assume pride alone is enough to make him grind hard this off-season, but then I would have also told you that pride would never let Manning kneel down at the half in a huge playoff game with time outs in his pocket. Him doing that not just at the half but also to end regulation is baffling. Manning tolerating/partaking in a run, run, run, punt series in OT of this very same playoff game? Hell frozen over levels of WTF.

So I expect him to come back with another big chip on his shoulder, this time shared with the rest of the team, but then it wouldn't completely surprise me if after further evaluation he decides he just doesn't have the fire in the belly anymore. It certainly looked like the pilot light was flickering last night.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #58
RedEyedJeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
Manning cant do what Tebow did? Oh' you mean make it into the Divisional round of the Play-Offs and lose to a better team. huh? Wait..what

Old 01-13-2013, 06:29 AM   #59
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEyedJeti View Post
Manning cant do what Tebow did? Oh' you mean make it into the Divisional round of the Play-Offs and lose to a better team. huh? Wait..what

... Are you calling the Ravens a better team?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #60
RedEyedJeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
... Are you calling the Ravens a better team?
The better team won. Let me go check the score again.... YIP! They're the better team.
Would you like some lube to go along with your butthurt?
Old 01-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #61
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Good lord why on earth would Peyton even consider retiring. If he'd just won the whole thing maybe. There's no ****ing way he's gonna hang up his cleats after just going out like that, if anything it will make him more determined to come back next year and win it all.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:38 AM   #62
Toshiro Takashi

Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #63
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Manning is another Brett Favre...Chokes in playoffs..He has so much talent yet he struggles in playoff games..
There is no reason for him to throw that pick in OT.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #64
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Good lord why on earth would Peyton even consider retiring. If he'd just won the whole thing maybe. There's no ****ing way he's gonna hang up his cleats after just going out like that, if anything it will make him more determined to come back next year and win it all.
I'd agree 100% with you if not for the flaccid last three quarters of the game yesterday. I'd still say I'm 99% sure he'll be back, but the final three quarters of that game he looked like he checked out. Audibles to run plays, no fight to end the half or the game with time outs in our pocket, etc.. This team had the life sucked out of it as that game went on and instead of Manning fighting against that and energizing this team he capitulated.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #65
CEH
Ring of Famer

Penalties/refs which the team can't control
The offense failing to extend the lead at the end of the half.
How many times did the offense go up by seven , have the defense hold and them fail to capatialize several times including at the end of the game

That falls on the $100 MM QB

but he did have us up 7 with 40 seconds and Balt 70 yards away with no timeouts

Moore's play will live as the greatest blunder in Broncos history
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 AM   #66
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
That's the point of football in the end isn't it?

Baseball is the game where technicians can show up for the grind day to day where stats add up directly to wins in the grand scheme of things. Everything works in a much more binary fashion there.

In Football its man against man, 11 against 11, we're going to take what we want and assert dominance. Listen to great players talk about he game, they always talk about how critical confidence is. That swagger. Every guy on an NFL club needs to have the psychology of an NBA shooting guard, no matter how many you miss knowing that you're one more shot away from making it rain all night.

This team lacks swagger. Thomas is starting to find some and Miller has it, but other than that we got none. Champ is getting old and clearly doesn't trust his wheels like he used to. Manning has always been and will always be a technician who gets your foot in the door but doesn't have the emotional gravitas to blow it wide open.

That's the funny thing about Tim Tebow. He can't read defenses and anything inside 15 yards is a questionable pass but he's got more swagger and emotional strength than anyone I've ever seen. He's made for big games. Its not just that they aren't too big for him, it's that he feeds off of them. The way that kid's mind works is amazing, but also a story for another time.

As for Manning - I'd assume pride alone is enough to make him grind hard this off-season, but then I would have also told you that pride would never let Manning kneel down at the half in a huge playoff game with time outs in his pocket. Him doing that not just at the half but also to end regulation is baffling. Manning tolerating/partaking in a run, run, run, punt series in OT of this very same playoff game? Hell frozen over levels of WTF.

So I expect him to come back with another big chip on his shoulder, this time shared with the rest of the team, but then it wouldn't completely surprise me if after further evaluation he decides he just doesn't have the fire in the belly anymore. It certainly looked like the pilot light was flickering last night.
Great point. To me it was all summed up when they went out for the coin toss in overtime. Champ Bailey was out there all buddy-buddy with the Ravens players and Ray Lewis looked like a cold blooded killer. He was there to do a job and finish a job. His will was stronger than the entire collective Denver team.

I said this all year though, love Manning when it doesn't count. Games like that have to be taken, not awarded to the team that is least scared.

Congrats Baltimore.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #67
CEH
Ring of Famer

As far a Manning retiring I bet he's contemplating it. He just did everything he could possibly do in the reg season to ensure getting a chance at the Super Bowl and then have it pissed away by a pompus 2nd year player.

If he wanted to throw on 3rd and 7 or take a couple shots with 30 seconds and 2 TOs and was overridden by Fox I think he has a gigantic beef to resolve this offseason with Elway

Last edited by CEH; 01-13-2013 at 07:00 AM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #68
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
I doubt Manning retires. Like Elway after the loss in '96, he wouldn't want to end his career like this. It is clear the Broncos need safeties and more depth on defense, but we say that every year.
We said that last year and the year before. I hear Bob Sanders is available. Maybe that's the key since he carried Pickem Manning's ass in 2006.

Rahim Moore's career needs to be taken out and shot. He should be relegated to mall cell phone kiosks.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #69
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

People need to look at this from an unbiased perspective.

Manning has a reputation of being a playoff choker from all his years in Indy. If it were the Manning Colts losing this game, I highly doubt people would be so forgiving. Even better, if it were the Broncos beating a Manning Colts team, everyone on here would label him a choker.

Now, I'm not saying Manning was the only reason we lost, but he was a reason. So the fact that he does it for Denver does not excuse him any more than it does if he were still doing it for Indy. No one would be rushing to his defense if he was still on Indy.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #70
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Anyone who sincerely says Manning should retire is a ****ing a-hole.

Anyone who wants him to retire because he "cant win the big game," even though he's already won a super bowl and played fine yesterday is an a-hole.

Anyone who says he should retire because he "cant play in the cold," even though he played fine yesterday (and had a 100 qb rating before OT) is an a-hole. You arent gonna have too many days played at 8 degrees.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #71
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

This thread is pissing the **** out of me. You are all a bunch of ****ing retards. Seriously.

Are you all THAT simple to just point fingers at the QB? Even though the QB had a 100+ rating, 3 TDs, and would have one had the defense not ****ed up? Its funny, you all make fun of sportswriters and tv commentators for being simple.

Then you go be simple yourselves. As I said yesterday, we should be so lucky to have QBs like Manning forever.

You guys ****ing suck. Go take your clutch talk and tell some child who doesnt know any better
Old 01-13-2013, 07:31 AM   #72
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
This thread is pissing the **** out of me. You are all a bunch of ****ing retards. Seriously.

Are you all THAT simple to just point fingers at the QB? Even though the QB had a 100+ rating, 3 TDs, and would have one had the defense not ****ed up? Its funny, you all make fun of sportswriters and tv commentators for being simple.

Then you go be simple yourselves. As I said yesterday, we should be so lucky to have QBs like Manning forever.

You guys ****ing suck. Go take your clutch talk and tell some child who doesnt know any better
Say it to my face you dumb ****. I am so sick of you running around here acting like your opinion is more important. Why don't you ****ing leave if you hate it here so much.

Funking douche
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:34 AM   #73
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
Say it to my face you dumb ****. I am so sick of you running around here acting like your opinion is more important. Why don't you ****ing leave if you hate it here so much.

Funking douche
Truth hurts, doesn't it
Old 01-13-2013, 07:36 AM   #74
Banana Pants
Imagine the Possibilities

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Why not? Unless it's worth 1.46 million Bowlen dollars per win for this guy, because he sure as hell can't get it done during the postseason. It's not like this is something new for Peyton. The only difference is now he has to do it outdoors in the cold, instead of in the comfy confines of the dome he used to play in.
Banana Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #75
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Everyone keeps saying Manning's QB rating was over 100, but according to the boxscore on ESPN, it was 88.3, so not sure why that keeps being repeated.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330112007

Also, as per the norm on this board, people just look at boxscores and judge from there. How many passes went down field? His longest passes were barely intermediate. How come no one is at least questioning this? 6.7 YPA vs 8.0 for the season.

How many times did Manning have a chance to win it in OT? If it wasn't for Holliday, the game never would have gotten to OT to begin with. This is why he is payed 20 million dollars. This is why Elway was hailed a genius for getting him, to win playoff games. And we didn't. That pick in OT was totally uncalled for. When you have the ball in your hands with a chance to win, you do it. That's what makes you a great QB. Not stats. Fantasy football ended last month.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote