The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #1
desertbronco
Just Drafted

Default Reality

Perhaps this Bronco team was closer to the 2-3 team that lost to the quality teams on the schedule before going on an eleven game joyride through mostly bottom dwellers. Yes, the Broncos whipped Baltimore on the road, but that was catching them at a nadir that seems to have been fixed. It may be that the rebuilding process is in mid-stride, nonetheless, the perfect storm that led to the Broncos having home field advantage may never occur again. Just a terrible loss, truly unacceptable, with blame left at many sources. Bottom line, PM missed too many chances once again in the postseason with a game where his greatness should have carried a flawed team to victory. Not his loss only, but his was the mantle upon which this teams fortunes were carried, and he came up short.
desertbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 PM   #2
anon
Seasoned Veteran

I disagree. Our defense played like crap and we were still in position to win the game multiple times:

1) Just one more first down to ice the game but coach got conservative.
2) Just play prevent defense to not allow a touchdown against an offense with 80 yards to go, about 1.5 minutes on the clock, and no timeouts.
3) Overtime...

We were good enough to get to the AFC Championship... To get to the Super Bowl or win it all? Perhaps not, after what we saw today but we are/were not a bad team.
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

In the end what killed us was the Ravens exposed a weakness. Champ not having the elite speed to play "Island CB" and a young safety who doesn't know how to play the deep ball to protect Champ on those plays. I give some credit to the Ravens players, they had to make those plays but what should have been routine defensive safety play was more like Division 2A safety play. If you're gonna put a CB out on an island, you have to have a savy safety who KNOWS that you can't let the WR get deeper then you. It wasn't just the the last drive to send it into OT. A few times Champ got beat long and there was no safety that had his back.

The killer is that we played solid run defense. I said it 2 days ago, the only way we lose is if we give up big plays. I don't think Flacco and the Ravens would have been able to have long sustained drives for TD's. All we had to do was take away the big play and we failed several times doing that.

In the playoffs, you can barely afford to have a few mistakes. Broncos were full of mistakes today.

Last edited by ZONA; 01-13-2013 at 12:22 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
Agamemnon

Nope. We just had a ****ty game and our coach is a tard.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:28 AM   #5
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Our record should probably be better than 13-3, more like 14-15 wins. We had one really bad qtr against the Falcons.

We were easily the most balanced team in the NFL, but John Fox went SUPER conservative and it costed us the win.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:58 AM   #6
anon
Seasoned Veteran

Actually, I think SF might be the most balanced team in the NFL, after the game tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Our record should probably be better than 13-3, more like 14-15 wins. We had one really bad qtr against the Falcons.

We were easily the most balanced team in the NFL, but John Fox went SUPER conservative and it costed us the win.
anon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #7
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Ya... SF is a *far* better team. We have another offseason to rectify that.

This game just confirmed what we knew going in. We're weak up the middle. Raheem is a nightmare. That's not the first deep ball he misplayed this year, it's been a pattern. Middle linebacker play was costly. The big Rice run to setup their 4th touchdown was sprung with DJ Williams getting caught inside taking a *terrible* angle.

Until we have the players up the middle to support this defense, we're going to be a yearly early round playoff exit.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
orangenblue
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
In the end what killed us was the Ravens exposed a weakness. Champ not having the elite speed to play "Island CB" and a young safety who doesn't know how to play the deep ball to protect Champ on those plays. I give some credit to the Ravens players, they had to make those plays but what should have been routine defensive safety play was more like Division 2A safety play. If you're gonna put a CB out on an island, you have to have a savy safety who KNOWS that you can't let the WR get deeper then you. It wasn't just the the last drive to send it into OT. A few times Champ got beat long and there was no safety that had his back.

The killer is that we played solid run defense. I said it 2 days ago, the only way we lose is if we give up big plays. I don't think Flacco and the Ravens would have been able to have long sustained drives for TD's. All we had to do was take away the big play and we failed several times doing that.

In the playoffs, you can barely afford to have a few mistakes. Broncos were full of mistakes today.
Completely agree
orangenblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #9
BroncoBen
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post

And that is what kills me about this game.. Balt was known for big plays, going into this game Balt led the league in downfield plays, taking shots downfield.. Getting pass interference calls.

What was the coaching staff thinking, or doing the last two weeks.
BroncoBen is offline   Reply With Quote