The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2013, 01:03 PM   #226
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I know it's sad, but you guys need to realize that the rest of the division isn't going to be able to beat out the Broncos for the next couple of years.

You guys will be a top 4 seed again and will have another chance to make a run in '13 and '14 at the least.
If more kFc fans posted as well as you I might not have as much hate for your team.

Sadly it is going to take about 10 FL's to counter 1 Bob, and 1 kFcSTUD.

FL is right, Oakland is the only other franchise with any kind of stability and they are in need of a QB and have a lot of rebuilding yet to do, kFc will be totally remade, they will be better, 2-14 is hard to do with the parity in the NFL these days. Chuggers have the least rebuilding needed, if McCoy can play to Rivers strenghts they could give us fits and keep us from sweeping the division.

PM is going to win lots of RS games, he will take Plummers mark of just winning games to a new level. Playoffs are another thing, we really need to have a top teir run game to rely on if we want a SB.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:07 PM   #227
shalowlow
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
That was not a designed playcall, the protection broke down immediately and Manning panicked. It was 2cd and 6 for goodness sake as well, he should have thrown that ball away. He knows better.

However, if they ran that play (Sprint right option) on that third down its a low risk high reward way to play it with aggression versus passivity. There could also have been an incomplete there, but if the TE is open that's a real good risk I would take all day, every day.

Plus, that is not a standard DEN play and BAL would not have reacted well to that playcall. I gaurantee they would have had a shot at making the first down and maybe more.
But that's not one of the 10 plays that Manning is comfortable running! The more I think about it, and we obviously have the benefit of retrospect and time, this is what you have proposed would have made the most sense in that situation. Run a pass play, and take a sack if it's not there. I have said this in other threads, but I truly believe that Manning was hurt and they didn't want to risk it.

I would like to see some more complex passing principles brought in by Gase, and hopefully the time of the offseason will be enough to incorporate some more situational passing concepts.

I get that the whole Manning philosophy is keeping it simple and executing to perfection, but clearly, that idea becomes more difficult in the high stress moments of a playoff game. It would explain Manning's lack of the same success in the playoffs that he has in the regular season. I have to believe Manning is willing to use more plays as long as he truly thinks that they will work.

What will send Gase into genius mode is not just standing on the sideline and feeding Manning plays that he will audible out of, but of taking Manning to a different level. That will require Gase selling him on situational passing concepts that work as well as what Manning is "comfortable" with. it will take Manning to trust Gase. I don't know how likely it is to happen, but Gase has a golden opportunity here.

Wining in the playoffs will also require a running game that is not just there to set up the play action, but also is innovative enough to gain the kind of yardage required to keep Manning from throwing 40 passes a game. I think ratcheting up the hurry up to Patriot levels will help with that, as a lot of the running plays that the Patriots are successful with are being set up by the defense not being set. This allows the offense to catch a defensive in a reactionary mode instead of an attacking mode. It clearly works in this league.

Many times are running plays are too obvious. The defense knows what's coming especially in 3rd and 1 situations. Many a drive has stalled because of not being able to convert a 3rd and 1.

We will win a bunch of games next year, but what may make it a Superbowl year is incorporating an offense that Manning is comfortable with, that will work, and that will put the offense in the best position to make a play, without the crutch of the 10 plays Manning is willing to run.
shalowlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM   #228
TonyR
Franchise Poster

A detailed review of that awful play. You know the one I'm talking about. Read at your own risk, but actually fairly interesting.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-game-tying-td
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:07 PM   #229
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #230
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Still have more AFC championship appearances than your team has playoff wins, you ****ing loser.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 PM   #231
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Still have more AFC championship appearances than your team has playoff wins, you ****ing loser.
Also have more playoff blowouts too
Old 02-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #232
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Also have more playoff blowouts too
And more Super Bowl wins. You want to keep playing this game loser?
Old 02-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #233
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
And more Super Bowl wins. You want to keep playing this game loser?
You have more SB wins than our history?

Your time is done. Your best shot is over and it's time to find out if Elway is a real GM or not, which looking at this, he's not. His draft picks are not good at all.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:28 PM   #234
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:

Your time is done. Your best shot is over and it's time to find out if Elway is a real GM or not, which looking at this, he's not. His draft picks are not good at all.
When is that Alex Smith extension coming?

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:30 PM   #235
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:

You seriously are pathetic. You can't even trash talk worth a ****.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:41 PM   #236
go_broncos
Ring of Famer

49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

I pity you.
go_broncos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:57 PM   #237
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
When is that Alex Smith extension coming?

Wouldn't mind an Alex Smith extension at all after that playoff performance. 2nd best playoff performance ever by a QB.
Lost Jamaal Charles? Still put up 44 points.

Alex's stats are 9 TD's to 0 INT's in his playoff career with a rushing TD. His 2nd half stats this season were 18 TD's to 3 INTs. 11 TD's to 3 INT's in games vs AFC playoff teams. Top 3 winning % of any QB the last 3 seasons playing on 2 teams.
27 passing TD's in first year.
Chiefs averaged 34 PPG in the 2nd half of the season.

If Russell Wilson, Colin Kraepernick, Rex Gross, Trent Dilfer, Rob Johnson, etc can make the SB, Alex Smith can too.

He played his best year of football in his career and it was only year 1. A lot to like about him right now. Especially with that Andy Reid guy coaching him.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:58 PM   #238
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Wouldn't mind an Alex Smith extension at all after that playoff performance. 2nd best playoff performance ever by a QB.

Alex's stats are 9 TD's to 0 INT's in his playoff career with a rushing TD. His 2nd half stats this season were 18 TD's to 3 INTs. 11 TD's to 3 INT's in games vs AFC playoff teams. Top 3 winning % of any QB the last 3 seasons playing on 2 teams.

If Russell Wilson, Colin Kraepernick, Rex Gross, Trent Dilfer, Rob Johnson, etc can make the SB, Alex Smith can too.

He played his best year of football in his career and it was only year 1. A lot to like about him right now. Especially with that Andy Reid guy coaching him.
I too hope Smiff gets a big extension.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #239
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I too hope Smiff gets a big extension.
Lol aren't you the poster who said Alex Smith would never throw 20 TD's ever?

Not sure why you guys are poking at Alex when you are never winning with Manning, especially not at his age going into next year.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:03 PM   #240
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:

Not sure why you guys are poking at Alex when you are never winning with Manning, especially not at his age going into next year.
The better question is why are you poking at the Broncos for getting blown out in a Super Bowl when your team hasn't won a playoff game in two ****ing decades?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #241
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
The better question is why are you poking at the Broncos for getting blown out in a Super Bowl when your team hasn't won a playoff game in two ****ing decades?
Because he lives in that region of ****ty football, baseball and living. He has only his hookers he takes on vacation and good BBQ. When you drink enough booze to forget those things, you then start hammering on others fortunes. Yes, it is sad but it is the life of a Missouri/Kansas City sports fan.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:08 PM   #242
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:

nope, wasn't me. I just want the same old rinse and repeat kc story. Don't draft a good young QB, put your hopes into a journeyman QB who wins you 10 games a year and then loses in the playoffs. As for Manning, he's got a few more years left in him and yes, I'd take him any day of the week over smiff, and twice on Sundays. You can't win a SB if you can't win at least a few playoff games, but you wouldn't know what I'm talking about.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:12 PM   #243
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Superbowl is over. Must mean the Chiefs are undefeated again!
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:18 PM   #244
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35 PM   #245
Castinkas
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

maybe you should wait to talk **** until the chiefs actually win a playoff game...??
Castinkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:19 AM   #246
rolandftw
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It's funny that KCStud disappeared after predicting Peyton would never beat Brady again

It's Chiefs fans like him that made KC have the best ratings for the Super Bowl. Likely cheer louder against Denver, then they've cheered for KC in 44 seasons.

Also, neither of these teams is sniffing a Super Bowl with Andy Reid and John Fox as their coach. Denver may not win the Super Bowl, but KC isn't winning 8 games next year.
rolandftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 01:51 AM   #247
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandftw View Post
It's funny that KCStud disappeared after predicting Peyton would never beat Brady again

It's Chiefs fans like him that made KC have the best ratings for the Super Bowl. Likely cheer louder against Denver, then they've cheered for KC in 44 seasons.

Also, neither of these teams is sniffing a Super Bowl with Andy Reid and John Fox as their coach. Denver may not win the Super Bowl, but KC isn't winning 8 games next year.
Fact is, he disappeared because he earned himself a vacation.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 AM   #248
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:

Be careful what you wish for, even your own ****ing players (who obviously have more braincells in their toes than your fanbase) wanted the Broncos to win in the hope that Manning would retire. Now you're just gonna have to break that neck of yours some more staring up at the Broncos for the 4th and 5th consecutive years bending your asses over in the AFC and AFC West.

BTW are you ****ing kidding about Elway's drafting

2011, Von Miller, Raheem Moore, Orlando Franklin, Nate Irving, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green, Quinton Carter, 7 out of 9 still on the team, 4 starters, 3 pro-bowlers

2012, Wolfe, Osweiler, Hillman, Jackson, Trevathon, Bolden, 6 out of 7 still on the team, 3 starters

2013, Far too early to judge, but 6 out of those 7 draft picks are still on a team that kicked your ass twice last year.

In 3 years only 4 draft picks are no longer with a team that walked the AFC, 19 out of 23 are still with the team.

How the **** is that bad drafting

And dont even go anywhere near free agency that has produced Manning, DRC, Vazquez, Knighton, Phillips, Welker,

Need I go on, I am getting slightly tired here trying to find bad things about the best man running a team in the NFL period.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:13 AM   #249
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I feel pretty good actually. Well other than the fact that PFM could retire. If it isn't clear that Defense wins rings by now, well, we need another GM.

Did someone really mention Dungy in this thread? Really?
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:15 AM   #250
whoeey
Seasoned Veteran

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I will add that if PFM only wants nice humble players on his team, he should be the first to leave.

A lot of toughness comes with attitude. Any questions?
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote