The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #1
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default I'm Calling It Now....DEN/SEA II

Superbowl 49 will be a rematch.

I know this never happens and history says the Broncos will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year. I also acknowledge that this offseason will be a big minefield that will have to be expertly navigated to avoid mass attrition and talent loss.

But I think we do navigate the postseason with some success, hopefully don't get bit quite as hard by the injury bug next year, and make it back.

I admit I have no idea if (and perhaps even less faith that) that Fox can come up with a better gameplan/tougher team/more prepared mentality but I think at least he'll have a shot.
OldschoolFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #2
B-Large
Ring of Famer

Expunged... Accidently?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

oh God, too soon. I can't even comprehend sitting down to watch a repeat yet. The stench from Sunday is still strong in my nose. Stinks real bad.
B-Large is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:36 PM   #3
PaintballCLE
INFLITRATE ENEMY LINES

well we do play them in seattle this year during the regular season....
PaintballCLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballCLE View Post
well we do play them in seattle this year during the regular season....
and we will probably play them again in the pre-season.

bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #5
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

I don't think I could bring myself to watch that. I have zero trust in this team and coaching staff.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #6
Broncos dude
Solid Starter

I hope your right , but I just don't see it happening
Broncos dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #7
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Yeah, it seems scary after what just happened. But really, I think this was as much of an avalanche game as I've ever seen. It started early and just rolled Seattle's way. Yes, they had a lot to do with it BUT, we allowed the game to be played their way.

But I really believe it could have been just as lopsided the other way. Just imagine if a jittery Holiday takes a smart touchback instead of hastily returning it to the 15, instead of a bad snap, an overly aggressive D is offsides on the first play giving Manning a free play that goes for 80. A quick three and out and 4 plays into the next drive after our offense does it's thing and converts a few first downs and now Seattle (rather than Denver) is pressing early resulting in a jacked up Earl Thomas concussing Richard Sherman while trying to help tackle DT. Sherman out for the game, quick TD to DT and you get the picture...No deer in the headlights, we stay calm and play our brand of football and it's 43-8 Denver.

My point is, yes there are steps that need to be taken to toughen and better prepare this team but I don't see any reason to believe Seattle isn't beatable.

Last edited by OldschoolFreak; 02-04-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Old 02-04-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

My a-hole couldnt handle it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:09 PM   #9
DeusExManning
Ring of Famer

As a Lakers fan this feels like when the Lakers got beat by the Celtics, they were humiliated. It changed the Lakers they came back strong the next year and really committed to being physical and they won the next year.
DeusExManning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:18 PM   #10
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Well...the Bills and Cowboys played 2 years in a row.

I'd expect this to go the same way too unless there is some sort of mass upgrade somewhere.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #11
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

At this point, that's the match-up I would want the most. I hope the team would feel the same.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:24 PM   #12
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The odds are against it. Teams have to be really lucky just to miss the injury bug. Imagine if the Seahawks next year faced the same level of injuries on D that we had this year? That puts the Niners or Panthers in the game. Or the Cardinals.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:32 PM   #13
El Minion
Ring of Famer

One of the keys to SEA winning was that they had depth and close to nil injuries. Plus they had Percy Harvin play in his first and only full game of the year on Sunday. DEN had four key starters missing Ryan Clady, Von Miller, Chris Harris, Derek Wolfe. This alone would alter the game, maybe not the outcome, but definitely not the debacle that was SB XLVIII. SEA had one of the worst protection and most allowed sacked O-line, DEN didn't even get close enough to lay curse word on Wilson

Last edited by El Minion; 02-04-2014 at 02:35 PM..
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #14
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Well, if we are picking SB's today I'd go with SF versus NE.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #15
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The odds are against it. Teams have to be really lucky just to miss the injury bug. Imagine if the Seahawks next year faced the same level of injuries on D that we had this year? That puts the Niners or Panthers in the game. Or the Cardinals.
I'm also not convinced we can get homefield advantage yet again or that Manning will wait until the Super Bowl to pull his playoff choke job, but whatever.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #16
Punisher
®WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Money to Burn WOOOO®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Broncos need to have a nasty defense to get back this year, everybody will be better Colts, Pats, Chargers. K.C and even the Bengals will all have better teams.
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #17
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
Broncos need to have a nasty defense to get back this year, everybody will be better Colts, Pats, Chargers. K.C and even the Bengals will all have better teams.
Yes, but if the offseason is well managed, so will the Broncos. One thing we haven't had in years is immediate high level contribution from the draft. I'm counting on us getting:

-1) a quality starter or two in the draft

-2) healing (some injuries always occur but not like this--we were missing 1/3 (7/22 starters) of our frigging team!)

-3) some growth/improvement from some of the young core (Ball/Sly/Nasty Nate/Franklin/Duke?/Trev/Quant/Mccray/Rahim--lots of good upside there)

-4) a couple smart FA acquisitions of tough players that substantially improve the team (like Knighton, DRC, Phillips this last year)

-5) and some improvement in coaching/scheme to make the team tougher and more balanced.

Yes, we lose Deck/Knomo/etc. but the scenario above is totally doable (except maybe the last one; with Fox/JDR, that might be wishful thinking). And if we do that we improve.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #18
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
How about a running game that's nasty? Makes you wonder if Lacey would have been the better back instead of Ball.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:33 PM   #19
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldschoolFreak View Post
Superbowl 49 will be a rematch.

I know this never happens and history says the Broncos will be lucky to even make the playoffs next year. I also acknowledge that this offseason will be a big minefield that will have to be expertly navigated to avoid mass attrition and talent loss.

But I think we do navigate the postseason with some success, hopefully don't get bit quite as hard by the injury bug next year, and make it back.

I admit I have no idea if (and perhaps even less faith that) that Fox can come up with a better gameplan/tougher team/more prepared mentality but I think at least he'll have a shot.
You aren't this jackass are you? This fool got a Broncos Championship Tatoo 14 hours before the game and blasted it on the internet.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/this...a4bcf887a.html
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:36 PM   #20
OldschoolFreak
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
You aren't this jackass are you? This fool got a Broncos Championship Tatoo 14 hours before the game and blasted it on the internet.

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/this...a4bcf887a.html

Too bad 48 and 49 look so different in roman numerals!
Old 02-04-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Resurrected!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Clark

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
How about a running game that's nasty? Makes you wonder if Lacey would have been the better back instead of Ball.
are we now trying to put this game on the rookie running back that barely even played and when he did got a tough first down after being hit behind the line of scrimmage? How about we carry a quality fullback on our roster if we want a real running game?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:17 PM   #22
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
My a-hole couldnt handle it.
mine neither its gonna take years before I **** the boot out that Seattle just crammed up there sideways
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
are we now trying to put this game on the rookie running back that barely even played and when he did got a tough first down after being hit behind the line of scrimmage? How about we carry a quality fullback on our roster if we want a real running game?
Do you have a jump to conclusions map in your house?

I think it would be beneficial if this team gets more physical running the ball and running the ball consistently. And I do wonder if Eddie Lacy would have been the better selection over Ball for this SB run.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #24
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer

Git er done

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE

Quote:
Do you have a jump to conclusions map in your house?

I think it would be beneficial if this team gets more physical running the ball and running the ball consistently. And I do wonder if Eddie Lacy would have been the better selection over Ball for this SB run.
that's tricky cause Im an SEC girl and I follow some of the better SEC players to see.. AL is the beasts in college but I don't know what happens to a lot of them in pros here lately they don't produce like you would think they should... it takes time...I don't know how Sabin coaches them but its almost like the pro coaches have to de sabinize them
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #25
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Well, if we are picking SB's today I'd go with SF versus NE.
What does NE have that's better than us after how we plowed them? The only thing that might work in their favor is home field advantage.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote