The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Default Flacco has never played in Denver correct?

I think this is the case. If so that is another advantage for us.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #2
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

the advantage for us is that he sucks
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #3
B-Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
the advantage for us is that he sucks
Yeah, but you have to admit he throw beautiful spirals to Chris Harris
Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
socalorado
Ring of Famer

socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #5
TonyR
Franchise Poster

He threw some pretty good jump balls to Anquan Boldin last week...
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
He threw some pretty good jump balls to Anquan Boldin last week...
Yes indeed, but that was against Cassius 'used to be better when playing for us even though he was the last CB on our depth chart and thus traded to Indy to be come their #1 CB' Vaughn!

Cassius never once looked back or made a play on any of those balls. Harris would have picked a couple of those High loopers or at least insured an incomplete further tormenting Boldin who he held to ZERO catches in the first game against us in their house, and grabbed that 98 yard Pick 6 on Boldin as well

Look for another one of those Pick 6 moments on Flake-O tomorrow when the cold starts sinking in and the air gets much too thin to think straight after he's been decked a number of times and constantly chased all over Mile High by Von-Doom .. he'll be ripe to throw up another one of those when trying to come from behind again and either Harris, Champ or maybe Carter will be off to the races again.(

Indy's incompetent pass defense should have grabbed two pick 6s last week that Frozen-Joe had gift wrapped for them but butterfingered them away.

Last edited by Hulamau; 01-11-2013 at 02:58 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #7
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

He tends to overthrow his receivers. The ball carries in Denver a bit. Also, Flacco is an incredible boob.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #8
bombay
Ring of Famer

The last time I remember Baltimore being here the Broncos won 12-10. Kyle Boller was mvp with his 4 picks.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Well, Bill Simmons picked the Ravens to win! I think this is more wishful thinking on his part, but, and I know im a broken record, I'm seriously, one hundred percent worried about the weather.

If this game were played in a vacuum or dome, whatever, i dont think the Ravens would stand a chance. Peyton would do his thing. But we have a 36 year old QB coming off 4 neck surgeries (and one who has admitted that he needs the glove because his grip is not as good in the cold) who relies on pinpoint accuracy to move the Broncos.

When the weather is good, or even cold (KC game), he's proven he can do this. But sub-20 degree temps? He's going to have more trouble gripping the ball, i dont see how this is avoidable. And if he's off a little, this will be detrimental to the Broncos.

I'm worried. Tell me I'm wrong, give me good reasons to be wrong, please tell me I'm wrong.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #10
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

he has been practicing with a glove for weeks in GAMES.. I think he only has 1 pick Saturday, and 2 TD's.. good guys win
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:01 PM   #11
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #12
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Well, Bill Simmons picked the Ravens to win! I think this is more wishful thinking on his part, but, and I know im a broken record, I'm seriously, one hundred percent worried about the weather.

If this game were played in a vacuum or dome, whatever, i dont think the Ravens would stand a chance. Peyton would do his thing. But we have a 36 year old QB coming off 4 neck surgeries (and one who has admitted that he needs the glove because his grip is not as good in the cold) who relies on pinpoint accuracy to move the Broncos.

When the weather is good, or even cold (KC game), he's proven he can do this. But sub-20 degree temps? He's going to have more trouble gripping the ball, i dont see how this is avoidable. And if he's off a little, this will be detrimental to the Broncos.

I'm worried. Tell me I'm wrong, give me good reasons to be wrong, please tell me I'm wrong.
weather affects both teams equally. Broncos can run the ball too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
weather affects both teams equally. Broncos can run the ball too.
Did you read what i wrote above?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Did you read what i wrote above?
no, I read your mind.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:42 PM   #15
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The elements will be better tomorrow than they were during that game about 10 years ago (2002 I think) in Denver when Manning led the Colts on two late field goal drives to win the game... but honestly if a Bill Simmons prediction is causing you more worry I'm not sure I can help.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #16
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
no, I read your mind.
Might wanna try reading it again then
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco X View Post
The elements will be better tomorrow than they were during that game about 10 years ago (2002 I think) in Denver when Manning led the Colts on two late field goal drives to win the game... but honestly if a Bill Simmons prediction is causing you more worry I'm not sure I can help.
Simmons prediction isnt causing me worry. He just happened to mention the same thing ive been mentioning all week, so it was fresh in my mind again. It doesnt concern me what Peyton did in 2002. He wasnt coming off neck surgery in 2002. His past playoff record in the cold is a dumb argument, I agree. Too small a sample size, and it ignores every other factor that went into it. But he's already admitted to having less of a grip on the ball due to the cold. And its gonna be WAY COLD tomorrow.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Simmons prediction isnt causing me worry. He just happened to mention the same thing ive been mentioning all week, so it was fresh in my mind again. It doesnt concern me what Peyton did in 2002. He wasnt coming off neck surgery in 2002. His past playoff record in the cold is a dumb argument, I agree. Too small a sample size, and it ignores every other factor that went into it. But he's already admitted to having less of a grip on the ball due to the cold. And its gonna be WAY COLD tomorrow.
Not worried at all. PM has already anticipated the cold weather thing by wearing the gloves the past 2 weeks to get used to them. If he just now came out with them, I might be worried, but that is not the case. He (and all Broncos) have been preparing for all aspects of the playoffs for a few weeks now.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #19
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:

You're wrong.

Many of the deadliest plays in our arsenal are short and medium range passes anyway. Peyton has been practicing with the glove, and his game doesn't generally depend on flinging bullets all over the field, his passes are about finesse and timing. Aka - easy to catch.

We are the same team that beat the **** out of the Ravens a few weeks ago, and we are about to do it again. Tomorrow will be awesome as we choke on purple tears.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #20
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:

It's not just the cold, it's the lack of humidity also.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #21
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Might wanna try reading it again then
no thanks, I answered your question. You might wanna try understanding the answer I provided. But since you are can't understand, I'll essplane. The weather will also affect Flacco. That is, yes, Manning may be affected by the weather and it may hamper the throwing game, but this same problem will also affect Flacco who is already a terrible QB on the road. Ergo, the playing field is level, with quite possibly an advantage to the Broncos. Also, the Broncos have been very effective running the ball so should Manning struggle passing the ball, the Broncos can always run the ball a little more. So, I just provided you with two reasons why you are wrong in your assumption that this cold weather will somehow benefit the Ravens by hampering Manning's ability to throw the ball.

Plus, other posters keep handing you your hat on this issue.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #22
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Dude on the Weather Channel said he heard on Twitter the Ravens team bus slid off the road on their way to the hotel.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
no thanks, I answered your question. You might wanna try understanding the answer I provided. But since you are can't understand, I'll essplane. The weather will also affect Flacco. That is, yes, Manning may be affected by the weather and it may hamper the throwing game, but this same problem will also affect Flacco who is already a terrible QB on the road. Ergo, the playing field is level, with quite possibly an advantage to the Broncos. Also, the Broncos have been very effective running the ball so should Manning struggle passing the ball, the Broncos can always run the ball a little more. So, I just provided you with two reasons why you are wrong in your assumption that this cold weather will somehow benefit the Ravens by hampering Manning's ability to throw the ball.

Plus, other posters keep handing you your hat on this issue.
AGAIN, the "level" playing field is what I'm worried about. I dont care that Flacco will have issues throwing the ball, he's ****. I AM concerned with the Broncos having to shift a game plan because Peyton can't throw as well. If Manning's ability to throw the ball is hampered, of course that's an advantage to the Ravens. I dont care how good the Broncos running game is. That's preposturous to suggest otherwise.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #24
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
AGAIN, the "level" playing field is what I'm worried about. I dont care that Flacco will have issues throwing the ball, he's ****. I AM concerned with the Broncos having to shift a game plan because Peyton can't throw as well. If Manning's ability to throw the ball is hampered, of course that's an advantage to the Ravens. I dont care how good the Broncos running game is. That's preposturous to suggest otherwise.
Ok, so you are saying that a crappy passing game (Flacco) getting crappier isn't an issue (basically makes the Ravens 1 dimensional, no?) but a great passing game getting "maybe" affected by the weather and dropping Manning's completion percentage a few points is somehow a huge advantage to the Ravens?
Old 01-11-2013, 05:53 PM   #25
rideco

A raven player just tweeted a pic from the airport. We are already in their heads.

http://instagram.com/p/UXKN-uQhru/

Last edited by rideco; 01-11-2013 at 06:01 PM..