The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #26
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
no we didn't. I stated some facts and you pulled up your skirt and cried.
What were your facts exactly? Calling it a liberal turd or something?

Nice, a-hole.

Look! I can state facts too!
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #27
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Sure, but is it outlandish to think NE could come here and beat us? Of course not. Should that game occur though, methinks it'll be EPIC.
I think it's completely outlandish to predict they will beat the Broncos in Denver. It's certainly possible, but the #1 thing they had going against us before (the hurry-up no-huddle) won't work in Denver, so predicting them to win is silly. Whatever numbers Silver's model is using seem to not be taking that factor into account.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #28
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm sorry, but isn't Huffington Post part of AOL? Objectively speaking isn't that kind of a sign of it sucking? It's like if drudge report went to myspace....
The National Inquirer might be more appro

Who cares where the money comes from anyway
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #29
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
no we didn't. I stated some facts and you pulled up your skirt and cried.
You're the first one here who started with the political BS. You said reading the Huffpost was essentially a waste of time and your basis for this is because it's a liberal leaning website.

This is a time for Bronco fans to focus on our team so take your political agenda to the other forum. Thank you.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #30
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well he loses all credibility with me because he's on First Take.

Biff Tannen could be on that set with a copy of Gray's Sports Almanac sticking out of his back pocket and I would still not believe a word he's saying while Skip and Steve are sitting next to him, radiating their auditory poison.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampJesusBailey View Post

Biff Tannen could be on that set with a copy of Gray's Sports Almanac sticking out of his back pocket and I would still not believe a word he's saying while Skip and Steve are sitting next to him, radiating their auditory poison.
Rep for Biff Tannen ref
Old 01-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #32
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampJesusBailey View Post

So, so awesome.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #33
B-Large

Quote:
reading the huffpost is your first mistake.
My friend sends me article from the Huff when she think it migth be interesting, 99% of the time she is dead wrong. I never actually read the articles, I just scroll down to the comments.... they are usually very entertaining....

Huffington Post does not hold a stick to MSNBC as the worst new station ever... its not really even news, just garbage.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #34
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

You guys are taking this way too seriously. It's a prediction, not a ****ing prophecy. Silver is playing the odds, not looking into a crystal ball.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 PM   #35
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Large View Post
My friend sends me article from the Huff when she think it migth be interesting, 99% of the time she is dead wrong. I never actually read the articles, I just scroll down to the comments.... they are usually very entertaining....

Huffington Post does not hold a stick to MSNBC as the worst new station ever... its not really even news, just garbage.
I'm biting....my guess is you never watch MSNBC, which, by the way, still employs a conservative to do their morning show.

You don't like it because they don't agree with your thoughts. GOD FORBID! Doesn't mean its "garbage." I'm a regular watcher of shows like Rachel Maddow and while she's obviously a liberal and fights the liberal cause, she's hardly some shill for the democratic party. She's constantly taking the president and democrats to task, and did so last night for the first 40 minutes of her show on the subject of drone use and John Brennan as thehead of the CIA. And she also discussed the infighting between pro-gun groups and the reason they are having trouble getting organized. It was thoughtful, intelligent, and forces you to look at the current gun violence conversation from a different angle (by the way, she took plenty of democrats to task on this issue too).

I dont know why i bothered writing all that, youll just call me a liberal ahole, bring up one moment where she might have gotten too passionate, or whatever, but just because she doesnt AGREE with you, doesn't mean she's an idiot or that its garbage.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #36
Bacchus

I don't think I could go on living if the Pats come to Denver and win....... nope I think that would be it for me.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #37
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I don't think I could go on living if the Pats come to Denver and win....... nope I think that would be it for me.
As much as I'd hate that, at least I don't know a single Pats fan to hear it from.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #38
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Exactly. Games are determined by moments, not the minds of individuals and their feelings about a topic or their well-being.

And as someone else pointed out, the article isn't even a prediction. It's the odds.
Absolutely, this odds pick isn't even close to the numbers based prediction that made his pick in the Presidential race so deadly accurate all year long.

Sure it could happen, as both the Hawks and NE are playing well, but way too many variables so be a Nate Silver level prediction.
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #39
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Quote:

Fox News is garbage, it shouldn't even be in the news classification. That call by Karl "POS" Rove was a doosie!!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:43 PM   #40
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not surprised that Nate Silver likes Football Outsiders. But as others have pointed out, DVOA has Denver as the (narrow) odds favorite in the AFC.. So Nate must be a Pats fan - making his pick with his heart. And because his model proved to be so freakin' on in the '12 election, people are paying attention to his pick for 5 minutes.

Nothing wrong with that.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #41
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Damn you Nate Silvers, damn youse!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #42
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I would be more impressed if he had a prediction prior to:

The 2007 playoffs that the Giants would not only go to the SB, but upset the heavily favored Patriots.

The very next year predict that the underdog Cardinals would sweep thru the NFC on the road and make a game of it with the Steelers.

And again, prior to the playoffs, predict that the Giants would repeat thier 2007 run and again, upset the favorite Pats.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #43
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
What were your facts exactly? Calling it a liberal turd or something?

Nice, a-hole.

Look! I can state facts too!
lulz
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
You're the first one here who started with the political BS. You said reading the Huffpost was essentially a waste of time and your basis for this is because it's a liberal leaning website.

This is a time for Bronco fans to focus on our team so take your political agenda to the other forum. Thank you.
You're welcome not to respond to my post. If you hadn't responded then we wouldn't be side tracking this thread. Nice going a-hole!
Old 01-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #45
B-Large

Quote:
I'm biting....my guess is you never watch MSNBC, which, by the way, still employs a conservative to do their morning show.

You don't like it because they don't agree with your thoughts. GOD FORBID! Doesn't mean its "garbage." I'm a regular watcher of shows like Rachel Maddow and while she's obviously a liberal and fights the liberal cause, she's hardly some shill for the democratic party. She's constantly taking the president and democrats to task, and did so last night for the first 40 minutes of her show on the subject of drone use and John Brennan as thehead of the CIA. And she also discussed the infighting between pro-gun groups and the reason they are having trouble getting organized. It was thoughtful, intelligent, and forces you to look at the current gun violence conversation from a different angle (by the way, she took plenty of democrats to task on this issue too).

I dont know why i bothered writing all that, youll just call me a liberal ahole, bring up one moment where she might have gotten too passionate, or whatever, but just because she doesnt AGREE with you, doesn't mean she's an idiot or that its garbage.
I watch it at the gym everyday because it is what is one. Hardball is bad, the Sharpton show is egregiously a shill for the Left, and there is another show right before those two that is just insufferable. MSNBC is the Media Conglomerate for the Far Left of Democratic Party... Its worse than Fox News, but then again that is kind of comparing the smell of Puke to Diahrrea to see which smells worse. The only things that tops these two is Salon Magazine.. yikes

I have never see Rachael Maddow's show, I have seen her on other programs like Meet the Press, she's a bright lady. But overall, from what I have seen MSNBC is not good.

BTW, I am a registred Democrat, former Registred Republican. Make of that what you will I guess....
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #46
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I watch it at the gym everyday because it is what is one. Hardball is bad, the Sharpton show is egregiously a shill for the Left, and there is another show right before those two that is just insufferable. MSNBC is the Media Conglomerate for the Far Left of Democratic Party... Its worse than Fox News, but then again that is kind of comparing the smell of Puke to Diahrrea to see which smells worse. The only things that tops these two is Salon Magazine.. yikes

I have never see Rachael Maddow's show, I have seen her on other programs like Meet the Press, she's a bright lady. But overall, from what I have seen MSNBC is not good.

BTW, I am a registred Democrat, former Registred Republican. Make of that what you will I guess....
I'll agree Sharpton's ****, I don't mind Hardball so much (Chris Matthews gets on my nerves at times, but he's not dumb), but worse than FOX news? Now, while i don't watch ALL of FOX news's shows, ive seen enough to know that sometimes they live in a different world. This is the network that brought you "Terrorist Fist Bump." Obviously, MSNBC's evening programing caters to the left, no doubt, i wouldnt turn on MSNBC for unbiased programming, but at least Rachel is smart and measured on her show.

And, as I said, MSNBC airs a conservative 3 hours every single morning.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #47
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Fox news is better on account of their hot anchors alone.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #48
Rulon Velvet Jones
You're not really here.

Tight Butthole

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rent-A-DC

I love Nate Silver but, like others have said, there are so many intricacies (weather, road v. home, travel, time of day) in a game of football that it's hard to make a prediction. Hell, someone could pull a hammy in practice between now and then and throw the entire system out of whack.
Rulon Velvet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:17 PM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
cha-ching! me likey.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #50
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Quote:
The only hot one is Megan Kelly, all the others are just a bunch of skanks!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote