The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
canadianbroncosfan

Default 2013 HoF Finalists - Broncos snubbed

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...nera-finalists

Despite having a few semi-finalists, no former Broncos made the final cut.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #2
dictionary

Total bull****. I bet you that if we win the Super Bowl this year, then all of a sudden, former Broncos start getting more love for the HoF. The HoF voting system is so broken, much like the Pro Bowl.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Yeah and it's got clueless macaronis in it like Peter King.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
Bacchus

My god, Warren Sapp Really?
Old 01-11-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i swear there is some stupidity going on with HOF's lately. 3 damn Broncos in the entire hall is a joke.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Mecklenburg and Randy Gradishar still wait. That thing is so broken. Gradishar was killing it in a 14 game season.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #7
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Mecklenburg and Randy Gradishar still wait. That thing is so broken. Gradishar was killing it in a 14 game season.
i love Elway to death. but Randy should have been the first one in.
it's a damn crime that he's still not in(and i hate OSU with a passion, but that dude was a bad,bad man.)
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:57 PM   #8
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

This is the worst list of potential hall of fame players i've ever seen.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #9
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i love Elway to death. but Randy should have been the first one in.
it's a damn crime that he's still not in(and i hate OSU with a passion, but that dude was a bad,bad man.)
I agree, but it is Gradishar's fault he isn't in. In 1983 he was in his 10th year. He went to the Probowl that year then he retired at the top of his game. If he would have played 3 more years and been apart of the 86 SB team then he would have been in the HOF by now. In fact if he wouldn't have retired I think Denver would have won at least one of the two OT games they played against the Raiders in 1985 and Denver would have won the AFC West and would have hosted the Patriots and probably beaten them. Of course they would have had to play the Bears in the SB, but hey you never know.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #10
enjolras
Ring of Famer

The real absolute tragedy is Steve Atwater. That guy is first ballot hall of famer if there ever was one. Gradishar was amazing, but he's on the edge. There is absolutely no question about Atwater and yet he languishes.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:08 PM   #11
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

I'm used to the Broncos not getting in. The HOF has become like the probowl. If Bettis gets in it will only confirm that.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #12
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Sad, denver has 6 superbowl appearances. Speechless
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:07 PM   #13
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Even amazed fletcher isn't a ring of famer. Maybe we should go all kc and and demand it
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:04 PM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Even amazed fletcher isn't a ring of famer. Maybe we should go all kc and and demand it
Do I agree with this? Just look at my adoptee. When you get ripped off by your own team, how do you expect him to get respect for even a Pro Bowl appearance?
Old 01-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #15
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Andre Tippet is in, is that how you spell it? He sucked so much I can't even be bothered to look if up. My point, it's a joke as is the media and their perceptions.

I'd rather not have guys in the hall and win and use it as a chip on the shoulder.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
Bronco Yoda

The HOF is such BS. We have twice as many SB appearances than players in the HOF. Somebody needs to spray paint Randy Gradishar on the side of the building.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Since most voters are on the east coast (east of Mississippi) or on the west coast. But mainly on the east coast it's self.

If we played in the Afc EAST like Dallas does in the NFC they would see our team a hell of a lot more.

But we play primarily late games unless we happen to play east of the Mississippi. The EC voters are not interested in watching late game they watch their games the ones they are paid to report and tune out therefore they rarely see our team or our players. They see some hi lights of great plays. Amd frankly folks other than Von and Champ maybe Doom which Broncos over the past decade are or have been worth watching.

As for TD he was a shooting star not around long enough to make a difference. Had he hung them up after his great years and not tried to come back he would have had a better chance now he is known for a couple of hang on years.

The rest of the broncos worthy most of today's voters never saw them. Period.

They sad facts are unless you are super stud like Von playing in Denver is a curse. When it comes to HOF.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:11 AM   #18
TomServo
Ring of Famer

Dancing is Forbidden!

Same ol' Same ol' i'd just as soon visit that other sham in Ohio known as the rock and roll HOF. the R and R HoF has always been a sham. the football HOF has become one. i wouldnt waste my time visiting either one. why would anyone want to belong to a club that includes michael irvin?
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #19
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Since most voters are on the east coast (east of Mississippi) or on the west coast. But mainly on the east coast it's self.

If we played in the Afc EAST like Dallas does in the NFC they would see our team a hell of a lot more.

But we play primarily late games unless we happen to play east of the Mississippi. The EC voters are not interested in watching late game they watch their games the ones they are paid to report and tune out therefore they rarely see our team or our players. They see some hi lights of great plays. Amd frankly folks other than Von and Champ maybe Doom which Broncos over the past decade are or have been worth watching.

As for TD he was a shooting star not around long enough to make a difference. Had he hung them up after his great years and not tried to come back he would have had a better chance now he is known for a couple of hang on years.

The rest of the broncos worthy most of today's voters never saw them. Period.

They sad facts are unless you are super stud like Von playing in Denver is a curse. When it comes to HOF.

Your scenario sounds more like baseball playing at 10PM East Coast. Late games is 4PM East Coast so I think with one game a week, they tend to watch the Left Coast games. THere could be bias feelings but for some of these players, writers will have to go on stats like Gradishar.
You are totally wrong with TD. He needed those other years just to make it a total of 5. He wasn't a has been but was trying to play injured or never fully healed. It is recent history and the voters know his situation. If Gale Sayers is in the HOF, there should be a spot for TD.