The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Default OT but i wanted people to see it. Story about my brothers bone marrow donor

I just got off the phone with my brothers bone marrow donor from 10 yrs ago. She was calling to tell me she is a match for another person! Holy cow its rare enough to be a match for 1 non family member but two is very rare. This lady spends her life caring for foster children with disabilities. Just made me feel so pathetic for spending most of my time amusing myself and having fun.

I just wanted to tell people the bone marrow registry has very few people signed up when compared to how many of us there are. Especially in the black community the donors are extremely hard to find. So please everyone sign up to be on the registry. I actually feel sort of jealous but at the same time I am so happy for her because it brings her so much joy to help people. Think though how cool it would be to save someones life though. Sort of like being a superhero IMO.

Here is the link - just think about what it says when more people vote on American Idol then sign up to maybe save someones life. Sorry about the off topic on such an important week for the Broncos.

http://marrow.org/Join/Join_the_Registry.aspx
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sounds like she is a nice lady. Glad your brother and someone else found a match. Wishing 'em all tha bests.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
BroncoFiend
Ring of Famer

The enemy's gate is down

A true example of bravery and selflessness. Thanks for sharing!
BroncoFiend is offline   Reply With Quote