The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #151
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

let it be people... we are only going to be able to retain our own scrubs and that of other teams. The realistic facts have been showed!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:20 PM   #152
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,233

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
let it be people... we are only going to be able to retain our own scrubs and that of other teams. The realistic facts have been showed!!!
I heard the Denver Broncos are going to have to fold due to the fact that the cap is a exact science and not a number that has been cheated over the years by cap gurus that know how to write contracts. Only Lonestar knows... because he has the schwartz and all.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #153
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
let it be people... we are only going to be able to retain our own scrubs and that of other teams. The realistic facts have been showed!!!
This Vader avatar is legit, but put up the babes again bro!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #154
SeedReaver
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This Vader avatar is legit, but put up the babes again bro!
I miss the bouncing butts. Whenever my girlfriend sees me checking out OM, she thinks it's because of all the pictures of women. I tell her I check the forum because I'm a big Broncos fan, and that the avatars just get scrolled over because I see them all the time.

It's a lie. I do it for the boob mojo.
SeedReaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #155
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 22,349

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedReaver View Post
I miss the bouncing butts. Whenever my girlfriend sees me checking out OM, she thinks it's because of all the pictures of women. I tell her I check the forum because I'm a big Broncos fan, and that the avatars just get scrolled over because I see them all the time.

It's a lie. I do it for the boob mojo.
Nice man. Rep.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 PM   #156
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
let it be people... we are only going to be able to retain our own scrubs and that of other teams. The realistic facts have been showed!!!
no giggle butts, no dice.

I meant "jiggle" of course, good thing you are smarter than me!

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 01-31-2013 at 04:05 PM..
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:29 PM   #157
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,475

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Effective immediately: The OrangeMane poster lonestar has been cut from the forums. A waiver claim was submitted by The (Cleveland) Browns Board.
Chiefsplanet beat them to it. I think it will be a good fit for Lonestar, he can get good tips on how to maintain his trailer home.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #158
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
no giggle butts, no dice.
like this?
Attached Images
 
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 PM   #159
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

the butts are back!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #160
Heyneck
Ring of Famer
 
Heyneck's Avatar
 
RIP Tripplets!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Cali, Colombia
Posts: 2,388

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
like this?
I see your butt... I raise your butt!

Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 PM   #161
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

now this thread is hitting stride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #162
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

lol, this thread just got crazy good....
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #163
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,355
Default

Escalators push Woodyard's 2013 salary from $2million to $3million. Denver's cap room now looking like $13-14million.

And Doom makes $12 million in 2013. Wow.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...-from-2m-to-3m
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #164
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
none of the players signed (about 15) since the EOS are accounted for in the 18.5 mil, that has been bandied about.
That amount was originally figured at about 7 mil in the increase of the cap level this year and 11.5 being carried over from the surplus of last years cap.

Since we will go to about 90 for training camp. The real amount of money we have will not be known until they make the cut down.

Can you answer a question that no me seems to know. It is my impression that even though it is based on the top 51 players on the pay roll, it also includes those on IR for the year.
do you know for sure one way or the other?

If not what would stop a team from stashing players that are marginally hurt till next year when the cap values go up or an aging vet retires, or better yet waiting out the end of a contract that is due to expire like say Kuper or Champ..

Any thoughts on that.


Correct me if any of the above is incorrect as they say you are the cap Ace..
Yes, whenever the league season kicks off all 53 rostered players count against the salary cap and players stashed on IR.

So as example if we had been say $1.5m under the cap when Mays went down, we get no relief, Brooking could not have been offered more than $1.5m unless the Broncos restructured someone else's deal.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #165
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Yes, whenever the league season kicks off all 53 rostered players count against the salary cap and players stashed on IR.

So as example if we had been say $1.5m under the cap when Mays went down, we get no relief, Brooking could not have been offered more than $1.5m unless the Broncos restructured someone else's deal.
Thanks for the response.

That is what I thought.

So that really means they have to budget for that. Plan on having X amount of players tying up space while they are on IR.

It they do that, they actually have to spend less than the 10 million that is currently "left". Since they have to plan on 3-5 million for rookie contracts. That puts us at between 5 and 7 left to spend without cutting players or trying to re-do pricy contracts.

That said we all know they will start cutting players soon after Monday, the end of the 21012 season.
I suspect mays, Williams both head that list with some saying that even though prater only saves a 250K this year his being cut today saves us about 5 mil over the duration of his contact.


In your opinion who else gets the cap AXE.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #166
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Thanks for the response.

That is what I thought.

So that really means they have to budget for that. Plan on having X amount of players tying up space while they are on IR.

It they do that, they actually have to spend less than the 10 million that is currently "left". Since they have to plan on 3-5 million for rookie contracts. That puts us at between 5 and 7 left to spend without cutting players or trying to re-do pricy contracts.

That said we all know they will start cutting players soon after Monday, the end of the 21012 season.
I suspect mays, Williams both head that list with some saying that even though prater only saves a 250K this year his being cut today saves us about 5 mil over the duration of his contact.


In your opinion who else gets the cap AXE.
Cutting DJ and Mays nearly doubles Denver's caproom, whether they try to restructure either deal or a cut and re-sign I've no idea, doubt whether either would have any real trade value given DJ's legal issues and Mays' salary.

I dont think they'll even consider cutting Matt despite that expensive FG miss, he should never have been on the field for that anyway with the wind.

I can see Elway going to the Manning, Bailey and Dumervil deals and maybe spreading some of their expensive $41m worth of base salaries over the next few years of their deals to create some more room.

Our restricted/exclusive rights free agents are gonna cost around $3m to bring back, i.e Colquitt, Unrein and Carter.

All in all I reckon we'll be in the middle of the pack, we wont lose anyone we dont want to lose but at the same time I doubt if we'll be in the market for another Manning type signing, just cant afford it, really, we'll add some pieces at DT, DE, DB, OG and possibly slot WR and the rest through the draft.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #167
SlyEli
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'd like to see them bring in Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, And a top fa Safety.. I can dream right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #168
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
I'd like to see them bring in Reggie Bush, Wes Welker, And a top fa Safety.. I can dream right?
not bad. i would have gone with a wr cast of thomas, decker, welker, wallace and bowe in madden back in the day. 5 wr sets.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #169
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,438

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
not bad. i would have gone with a wr cast of thomas, decker, welker, wallace and bowe in madden back in the day. 5 wr sets.
Haha, I cant imagine finding a way to pay for that.

Even Dan Snyder is like "Whoa! Calm down, bro".
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:07 PM   #170
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Well Prater, Mays, and DJ should be gone come day one of the end of the season. Gonna need to get some hits in the draft big time because FA players get way too much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #171
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco
 
eddie mac's Avatar
 
Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: IRELAND
Posts: 16,824

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Well Prater, Mays, and DJ should be gone come day one of the end of the season. Gonna need to get some hits in the draft big time because FA players get way too much.
Since when has Prater even been mentioned as a potential cut

His FG % accuracy improved in 2012 and that after he received a bumper contract. There's no way they're getting rid of him over a kick that Fox should never have asked him to make against the Ravens. 53 yards against a force wind. He would also account for $2.4m on the cap even if Elway & Co decided to do the unthinkable.

Last edited by eddie mac; 02-01-2013 at 08:14 PM..
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #172
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
Since when has Prater even been mentioned as a potential cut

His FG % accuracy improved in 2012 and that after he received a bumper contract. There's no way they're getting rid of him over a kick that Fox should never have asked him to make against the Ravens. 53 yards against a force wind. He would also account for $2.4m on the cap even if Elway & Co decided to do the unthinkable.
I'm not talking about the missed kick in the playoffs. He is below average from 40-49 yards and it was quite obvious down the stretch he had the yipps. I thought the cut of Prater would save money this year and for sure in the years ahead. He just isn't worth his money that's all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #173
lonestar
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: West Texas
Posts: 6,210

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
I'm not talking about the missed kick in the playoffs. He is below average from 40-49 yards and it was quite obvious down the stretch he had the yipps. I thought the cut of Prater would save money this year and for sure in the years ahead. He just isn't worth his money that's all.
Your are correct it was not one kick. Something Fox should have not even thought of let alone attempt, on a cold day(balls are much harder) against the wind on a an almost frozen field. ( which was a disgrace IMO it has a heating system to keep the grass growing year round.)

But a kicker that makes 2+ million a year should be able to consistently kick the ball out of the EZ on every KO regardless of where we play. Needs to be a lock on anything under 30 yards for FGs, above average under 50 and ok under 60.

IMHO unless it is the last play of the game we should never attempt a FG over 50. But I'm not the one making big bucks to call the game.

If he goes this year we save about 250K about what a new kicker would cost. But over the life of his contact we save 8 million. Just under 4 in 2014 and just over 4 in 2015.

He had the yips for sure. Not someone yoi pay 3+ million to.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 AM   #174
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 12,940

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Your are correct it was not one kick. Something Fox should have not even thought of let alone attempt, on a cold day(balls are much harder) against the wind on a an almost frozen field. ( which was a disgrace IMO it has a heating system to keep the grass growing year round.)

But a kicker that makes 2+ million a year should be able to consistently kick the ball out of the EZ on every KO regardless of where we play. Needs to be a lock on anything under 30 yards for FGs, above average under 50 and ok under 60.

IMHO unless it is the last play of the game we should never attempt a FG over 50. But I'm not the one making big bucks to call the game.

If he goes this year we save about 250K about what a new kicker would cost. But over the life of his contact we save 8 million. Just under 4 in 2014 and just over 4 in 2015.

He had the yips for sure. Not someone yoi pay 3+ million to.
I am curious, who on this team do you want to keep? It seems like every one of your posts is b****ing about a player not being worth being paid to be kept around.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:03 AM   #175
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,576
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
not bad. i would have gone with a wr cast of thomas, decker, welker, wallace and bowe in madden back in the day. 5 wr sets.
To be realistic Madden season, you would have traded 7th rounder, Matt Willis and Stokely for Megatron.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.


Denver Broncos