The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #26
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I think Damontre Moore is the top player in this entire draft. He's been an unstoppable machine since he was a true freshman. I can't fathom he gets by both Jacksonville and Oakland at two and three. Jarvis Jones would be neck and neck, but his spinal condition will drop him.

There's three safe elite talents for me: OT Luke Joeckel, DE Damontre Moore, and DT Star Lotulelei. That's it.

The next semi-elite talent tier has: DE Bjoern Werner, CB DeMarcus Milliner, LB Manti Te'o, QB Geno Smith, WR Keenan Allen, OT Taylor Lewan, OG Chance Warmack, and LB Jarvis Jones.

DE/LB Ezekial Ansah has a chance to move into that second tier.

After that, there's a huge 3rd tier where we'll be picking from.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Price will clearly over look the fact that he was playing out of position to get the best players on the field.
Don't tell me that Florida runs a 3-4 also... If so, then throw everything I said about Floyd out the window.

Secondly, looking at Moore's stats, he's a tackling machine. He also is probably the best pass rusher in this draft. Definitely worthy of a top 10 pick in 2013. Elite pass-rushers have more effect on a game than any other position but the QB.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #28
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Don't tell me that Florida runs a 3-4 also... If so, then throw everything I said about Floyd out the window.

Secondly, looking at Moore's stats, he's a tackling machine. He also is probably the best pass rusher in this draft. Definitely worthy of a top 10 pick in 2013. Elite pass-rushers have more effect on a game than any other position but the QB.
Florida runs a type of 3-4 defense. The most notable difference is in the buck linebacker / defensive end hybrid. This is a basically a linebacker who will at times line up at the end position.

This puts an additional player on the line, like the 4-3. Coach Muschamp tries to get the offense behind in down and distance situations by stuffing the run on early downs.

What is the average points per game the Gator defense will give up in 2012?
Often, the buck lineman will be on the line of scrimmage, playing much like a 4-3 lineman during the early downs. When they get the opponent in a third and long situation, the defense likes to bring creative blitzes to force turnovers or at least punts.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-sec-in-2012
http://ufrsports.com/review/index.ph...fensive-force/

Florida Gators head coach Will Muschamp will be bringing a 3-4 defensive scheme to Gainesville. This allows heralded defensive lineman Shariff Floyd to potentially flourish. With the talent the Gators posses on the defensive line, the 3-4 defensive scheme could allow the Gators to take advantage of potentially their most talented position.

Joel Smith from The Bull Gator and Wil Bradley discuss what we might expect from the Gators defensive line during the 2011 college football season.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 01-07-2013 at 02:24 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #29
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Florida runs a type of 3-4 defense. The most notable difference is in the buck linebacker / defensive end hybrid. This is a basically a linebacker who will at times line up at the end position.
Sweet. Floyd might be worth it then. Thanks for keeping me in line.

Floyd is 3 years younger than Short, so that has to give him a leg up in the comparison of those two players doesn't it?

You mofo's are going to force me to start watching a lot of video already...bastards!
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote