The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #1
Stagger Lee

Default Think I just got tix to Ravens game. Where to stay in denver?

Just got a bead on tickets to Saturdays game. Being from the east coast, this will be my first trip to Denver. Any suggestions for hotels? I have no idea where we should even begin looking. Thanks in advance. I am ****ing stoked for this!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

try expedia and then search for anything off of 16th street. can take the rail to the game and a bus back
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #3
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Priceline. Tech Center is not exciting but you can take the light rail for cheap. Also Priceline has some off of Quebec street which has about 4 hotels to choose from but you are at least 10 minutes from getting off the freeway to hit LoDo. That is a budget way to go and hotels are nice (Red Lion, Rennaissance, etc). Have fun!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #4
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger Lee View Post
Just got a bead on tickets to Saturdays game. Being from the east coast, this will be my first trip to Denver. Any suggestions for hotels? I have no idea where we should even begin looking. Thanks in advance. I am ****ing stoked for this!
Trade you a place to stay for the tickets
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
try expedia and then search for anything off of 16th street. can take the rail to the game and a bus back
Close to the action but much costlier. he didnt say his budget.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #6
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Hotel Teatro

Downtown Denver, walking distance to everything, including the stadium. Everything from the rooms, to amenities, to service, to concierge is fantastic.

Last edited by El Minion; 01-08-2013 at 05:22 PM..
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Stagger Lee

Thanks to all. Trying to keep it relatively cheap. Found Hyatt Regency at Convention Center for $1300 which includes flights from DC for me and the wife, room for three nights and rental car. Sounds pretty good
Old 01-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #8
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

The Magnolia is awesome. The Curtis is fine and both are right near 16th street mall and a 5 minute light rail ride to the stadium
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #9
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

That will work out quite nicely for you. They have a cool lounge on the top floor to imbibe in adult beverages.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #10
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Just stay home and sell the dockets to meeeeeeeeee! My precious.

Nah, I hope you have a gret time...relly gret tyme.

Watch out for fat fingered baltimore fans with knives.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 01-08-2013 at 05:36 PM..
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #11
Meck77
Google Blows

Quote:
Thanks to all. Trying to keep it relatively cheap. Found Hyatt Regency at Convention Center for $1300 which includes flights from DC for me and the wife, room for three nights and rental car. Sounds pretty good
I'm seeing $300 non stop on frontier out of DC round trip. Landing Friday leaving monday. If you plan on just hitting the game and hanging out Downtown I'd say a car is more of a pain in the ass. You won't even need it to get to the game. The hotel itself would probably hit you $20.00 just to park each day.

So that leaves you $700 for a hotel downtown and transfer from hotel.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #12
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I'm seeing $300 non stop on frontier out of DC round trip. Landing Friday leaving monday. If you plan on just hitting the game and hanging out Downtown I'd say a car is more of a pain in the ass. You won't even need it to get to the game. The hotel itself would probably hit you $20.00 just to park each day.

So that leaves you $700 for a hotel downtown and transfer from hotel.
Damn, I checked Frontier earlier for those days and Monday was cheap but Friday was expensize as hell. Will check again. Thanks
Old 01-08-2013, 06:05 PM   #13
Meck77
Google Blows

http://www.kayak.com/#/flights/DCA-D...-11/2013-01-14

Talk to these other dudes about shuttles and what not from DIA. Kinda spendy for a cab. Good luck.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #14
Stagger Lee

Thanks bro^
Old 01-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #15
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

If we make it to the AFC Championship, I may head to Denver for that game. I'm checking to see if my miles will cover majority of the cost.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

car rental is dirt cheap...less than $10/day. much cheaper than a shuttle or taxi, unless you consider parking.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:03 PM   #17
kidbrock
Just Drafted

We had tickets to the Broncos/Bucs game this year and stayed at the Westin Downtown. That's where the Bucs stayed too, so it was pretty cool. We jeered all the players as they left the lobby.
kidbrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #18
Stagger Lee

Wanted to bump this and thank everybody for the info. Got the tickets, and we are staying at the Double tree on Quebec St. Can't wait to actually see my boys play in their home. It gets old going to Baltimore and catching **** from ratbird fans.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Wanted to bump this and thank everybody for the info. Got the tickets, and we are staying at the Double tree on Quebec St. Can't wait to actually see my boys play in their home. It gets old going to Baltimore and catching **** from ratbird fans.
Double Tree should have a shuttle... you won't really spend any time hanging out on Quebec, you'll want to head towards downtown for the exciting stuff in Denver. But the price is definitely better out there! Good luck and have fun.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #20
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
Double Tree should have a shuttle... you won't really spend any time hanging out on Quebec, you'll want to head towards downtown for the exciting stuff in Denver. But the price is definitely better out there! Good luck and have fun.
Thanks bro. Yeah, price was a factor for sure. We have a rental car, so getting around will be no problem. Looking forward to it like crazy.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #21
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
You did well. The Hyatt Regency is a really good hotel. It's also relatively new.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #22
lookin' glass
Pro Bowler

Should the Broncos lose, we're blaming you and will expect that you walk home......
lookin' glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #23
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
car rental is dirt cheap...less than $10/day. much cheaper than a shuttle or taxi, unless you consider parking.
Got mine booked for the next week at around $12 a day (under $30 for two days with taxes). This is for a Corolla and being an Enterprise member (got 15% off). I also booked VQ from Friday to Monday morning checkout for around $370 total (3 nights). Who needs Friday night?
Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Stayed in that area alot for around $40 to $55 a night. You might hit up the Walmart Super across the street but night life is about 10 to 15 minutes away. Get drunk because that ****ing train blows its whistle in the middle of the night.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:03 AM   #25
Stagger Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Stayed in that area alot for around $40 to $55 a night. You might hit up the Walmart Super across the street but night life is about 10 to 15 minutes away. Get drunk because that ****ing train blows its whistle in the middle of the night.
Drunkenness will not be an issue.