The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #51
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

The Broncos just need to do what they do.

This Ratbirds media hype reminds me of all the love the Phins were getting back in the 1998 playoffs before the Broncos embarrassed them.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #52
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
we need to worry about POLLARD. he has a knack for injuring players . we need to get through this game with out losing DT or Decker

That's only players on New England.
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #53
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

The Ravens beat us so badly that Denver builds a statue of Ray Lewis. Lewis, alone, contributes 800 points of the Ravens 924. Ravens 924 Broncos 3 (Prater makes a solid contribution).
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #54
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
The Play for Ray mantra ran its course today... jsut ask Indy how easy it is to ride the same emotional wave two weeks in a row .. on the road no less against a superior team.

The Ravens wont have ANY of that mojo next Saturday at 5,200 feet where Ray Ray .. and the rest of their aging D ... will really start to feel his/their age and realize it really is time to hang it up!
And where most of the people in the stands couldn't care less.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #55
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Any given Sunday - it comes true enough that it is probably true. Thank goodness this is on Saturday!

Anyways, we play at home, well rested, best balanced team in the NFL, PFM at QB.

They travel on a short week, their team has holes, Flacco at QB.

Could we lose? Yea. But we would really really need to screw it up, and we have not shown that tendency for about 12 weeks. I think we manage them pretty easily maybe 30 - 10.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #56
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

the raven crowd was chanting we want manning i say lets fullfill their wish
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #57
DENVERDUI55

Not that the talking heads of Fouts, Simms, Gannon and Beurlein mean anything but they all expect big Denver win except Beurlein. I agree with Gannon that the only way Ravens can win is to get a defensive TD/ST TD and a bunch of TO's.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #58
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

There is also the expectation that for just the sixth game this season, the Broncos offensive line will be at full strength for their playoff game against the Ravens. Right guard Chris Kuper, who missed the final four games of the regular season after he aggravated his left ankle injury, is expected back. Left tackle Ryan Clady, who sat out last week's practices to rest and heal an undisclosed injury, will also return this week.

Read more: Broncos enjoy healing power of playoff bye; O-line nears full strength - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2HOwzHuTh
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #59
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
There is also the expectation that for just the sixth game this season, the Broncos offensive line will be at full strength for their playoff game against the Ravens. Right guard Chris Kuper, who missed the final four games of the regular season after he aggravated his left ankle injury, is expected back. Left tackle Ryan Clady, who sat out last week's practices to rest and heal an undisclosed injury, will also return this week.

Read more: Broncos enjoy healing power of playoff bye; O-line nears full strength - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2HOwzHuTh
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

If Knowshon can find a way to keep his shoes on we won't miss McGahee too much. Relieved to hear that all starters will be on deck this Saturday, and hopefully everyone will be over the flu by then.

Old 01-08-2013, 10:32 AM   #60
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Not that the talking heads of Fouts, Simms, Gannon and Beurlein mean anything but they all expect big Denver win except Beurlein. I agree with Gannon that the only way Ravens can win is to get a defensive TD/ST TD and a bunch of TO's.

Their only hope they have is by establishing the run early (o-line is healthy played well on Sunday) eating up the clock by playing mistake free football. I don't forsee any issues for the offense moving up and down the field at will, the Colts had over 400 yards of offense they just sputtered in the red zone. Keeping Manning on the bench and forcing Del Rio to keep the defense honest might make the game close to the Vegas spread. Both Rice and Boldin had big days last week were held in check last game (Boldin was held without a catch for the first time since 2005 Rice under 40 yards on the ground) will be properly motivated but it will not be enough.
Old 01-08-2013, 10:53 AM   #61
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
The game was tight until the pick six before half...

I'm concerned about the Ravens playing for Ray.. But I like that it's a home game.

Can we all please stop with this stupid nonsense of playing for somebody. It does not propel you to win. Did the Colts not play for Pagano? Sure they did, but it didn't make them win. These are the playoffs, every player will have high emotions one way or the other. That kind of nonsense is right up there with God wanted us to be victorious.

So please, don't be concerned about them "playing for Ray". The only thing that stuff is good for is newspaper articles.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #62
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Can we all please stop with this stupid nonsense of playing for somebody. It does not propel you to win. Did the Colts not play for Pagano? Sure they did, but it didn't make them win. These are the playoffs, every player will have high emotions one way or the other. That kind of nonsense is right up there with God wanted us to be victorious.

So please, don't be concerned about them "playing for Ray". The only thing that stuff is good for is newspaper articles.

Were you born yesterday or just the day before ?

WTF do you mean emotional motivation does not help a team ?
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:05 AM   #63
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

It only goes so far. The ravens had scored only 3 points until the last drive of the half, it's not like they came out firing on all cylinders
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #64
Bmore Manning

Quote:

Contradicting yourself. I was at the game, it wasn't lopsided in the first half. Too many people are overlooking the opponent at hand. Funny how most teams win after emotional events.. But they are just newspaper articles right?
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #65
DENVERDUI55

Quote:

I agree and the great Bill Parcells used to always say the bullentin board material/play for whatever reason is for hype leading up to the game. It means absolutely nothing once the ball is kicked off.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #66
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Dont turn the ball over and end up with more 7's then 3's when you get into the RZ and Denver will win.

Of course, if you score more then they do, you win 99.9% of the time.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #67
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Football Outsiders wrote a pretty good piece on what the Ravens strategy should be for this game:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/qui...rd-quick-reads

Step One: Stop Von Miller
Step Two: Help Michael Oher
Step Three: Avoid passing situations

Only step two really seems possible.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM   #68
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Weather could be a factor this next weekend. The forecasters are predicting cold weather (20's) with a good possibility of snow flurries.

I think this may hinder Baltimore more than Denver. Moreno has got to be healthy, but I believe the TE's will play a big, big role in the game plan IF the weather is sketchy.

Despite the variables like weather, Denver should dispatch these guys in a game a little closer than some people think, maybe 27-17.
I'm feeling good about PFM preparing for the weather by wearing the glove. Last two games the gloved one has put up a 122.6 Passer Rating.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #69
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I'm feeling good about PFM preparing for the weather by wearing the glove. Last two games the gloved one has put up a 122.6 Passer Rating.

Keep hearing on how Peyton has new never won a cold weather game.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #70
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Everyone is pumped up and motivated in playoff games. Any extra emotional motivation is honestly pretty meaningless.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #71
NickStixx

If the Broncos don't play stupid and turn the ball over, they will win this game just like last time.
The Ravens switched their RT and LT so now Oher is at RT and McKinnie is at LT. We will see what Del Rio decides to do with our edge guys because of this now.
And I think we go right at Ray and make him play, he is slow and sore and tired.
Moreno needs to have a big game again, Manning will be fine, and our TE's and WR's just need to do their jobs.
Our defense did great against them last game, and they haven't changed much besides their line.
Denver 34, Baltimore 20.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 PM   #72
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Boy View Post
Football Outsiders wrote a pretty good piece on what the Ravens strategy should be for this game:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/qui...rd-quick-reads

Step One: Stop Von Miller
Step Two: Help Michael Oher
Step Three: Avoid passing situations

Only step two really seems possible.
! Those are all the same thing!

Step One: Stop Von Miller (stop Von Miller)
Step Two: Help Michael Oher (to stop Von Miller)
Step Three: Avoid passing situations (to stop Von Miller)
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #73
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I don't understand why these ESPN analyst keep saying our previous matchup with the Ravens was closer than the score says.

The Broncos packed up in the 4th Qtr and that's when they scored 2 touchdowns.

Score could have easily been 31 - 3. We smashed them.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:50 PM   #74
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
I don't understand why these ESPN analyst keep saying our previous matchup with the Ravens was closer than the score says.

The Broncos packed up in the 4th Qtr and that's when they scored 2 touchdowns.

Score could have easily been 31 - 3. We smashed them.

Because ESPN did not actually watch the game. Broncos running game was clicking, we chewed up yards and dominated them on defense. Also a way to sell a playoff game.

"Ray Lewis effect"

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:48 PM   #75
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
we need to worry about POLLARD. he has a knack for injuring players . we need to get through this game with out losing DT or Decker
THIS. This is the only reason I didn't want to play Balt. They're dirty, and hurt teams that are better than them to try and win.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote