The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

There are some real Shanny homers here aren't there?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #27
Armchair Bronco

Stupid Shannyham. RGIII had no business staying in the game after the 3rd quarter. It's one thing to send in TD for a single play when the guy is blind with a migrane. But forcing a gimpy RGIII to play...and run...was a joke.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #28
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
There are some real Shanny homers here aren't there?
That would be an understatement.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #29
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Are you even watching the game right now? You don't have to be James Andrews to know that the kid is hurt.
Shanahan's not a doctor. He was cleared by one. That's all that needs to be said.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #30
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Shanahan's not a doctor. He was cleared by one. That's all that needs to be said.
Okay. Whatever.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #31
Action

Quote:
Yeah, forget the fact the guy is limping and can't throw an accurate pass.

That's the doctors fault for clearing him, not Shanahan's fault for playing an injured player that can't make football plays.

Old 01-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #32
broncofever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Are you even watching the game right now? You don't have to be James Andrews to know that the kid is hurt.
I don't disagree with the assessment. I think he probably should've been pulled earlier. Technically he was cleared. However what the article implies is a larger systemic issue with Shanahan managing player welfare issues. He played RGIII in the game in December without clearing him and then lied about it using the name of a well respected doctor technically he was cleared for this game so culpability is more than just Mike this time but kind of wondering if doctors are pressured to clear players when they should not.

Last edited by broncofever; 01-06-2013 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #33
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
No one needs someone who waits four weeks to make an allegation about something he is supposedly concerned about. Tony's article also omits admissions the doctor made about how Griffin has passed the tests etc. it cuts off the quote.

I'd be shocked if Washingon ever used Andrews again.
Dude, James Andrews isn't worried about losing ****. He isn't just one of the best orthopedic surgeons around, he's inarguably the best. Every baseball player with an issue goes to him for a second opinion without fail and everyone wants him to perform their Tommy John surgeries. He's so far above reproach in his field that his word has become tantamount to law for sports professionals.

The skins would be idiotic to let him go and he would have his pick of any other team should they do so. He isn't the Mike Shanghai of orthopedic surgeons, and he's Lombardi, Walsh, Landry, et Al in a single guy.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #34
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Shanny's an idiot for risking this kid's career on a single game. If he's permenantly damaged or even diminished from this point forward for being in this game he's got only hiimself to blame. I always liked Mike but one thing I do not like is his tendency to blame other people (how many DC's did he fire in Denver?) When you got a weapon like that you gotta protect his future at all costs.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:04 PM   #35
Boltjolt
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The good Dr Says he didnt clear him

"[Griffin] didn't even let us look at him," Andrews said. "He came off the field, walked through the sidelines, circled back through the players, and took off back to the field. It wasn't our opinion. We didn't even get to touch him or talk to him. Scared the hell out of me."

While Andrews eventually gave Griffin the green light to play in the Redskins' wins over the Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys, and Griffin is closer to optimal health for Sunday afternoon's wild-cardgame against the Seattle Seahawks, Andrews is still uncomfortale with the way Griffin's injury was handled.

"He's doing a lot better this week, but he's still recovering and I'm holding my breath because of it," Andrews said. "He passed all the tests and all the functional things we do, but it's been a trying moment for me, to be honest with you."

This isn't the first time the Redskins have run afoul of those in the know when it comes to Griffin's health. When he suffered a concussion in a Week 5 game against the Atlanta Falcons, the team was fined $20,000 by the NFL for failing to properly notify the media of the severity of the injury. Instead, the team reported that Griffin was "shaken up." The team did pull Griffin from the game after the concussion.

Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-06-2013 at 07:08 PM..
Boltjolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
troyjbath
Probably Drunk

Long time lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Shanny's an idiot for risking this kid's career on a single game. If he's permenantly damaged or even diminished from this point forward for being in this game he's got only hiimself to blame. I always liked Mike but one thing I do not like is his tendency to blame other people (how many DC's did he fire in Denver?) When you got a weapon like that you gotta protect his future at all costs.
Mike has to have one of the biggest egos in the NFL. I loved him for bringing home two SB trophies, but hated listening to the excuses when the Broncos sucked it up. I don't remember him ever coming across as anything less than arrogant.
troyjbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #37
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyjbath View Post
Mike has to have one of the biggest egos in the NFL. I loved him for bringing home two SB trophies, but hated listening to the excuses when the Broncos sucked it up. I don't remember him ever coming across as anything less than arrogant.
He's incredibly arrogant, but if we knew how any of these HC's are they are probably mostly like that...no matter, that's not his problem. His problem is refusal to take responsibility for his own mistakes. I liked him when he was here but now I'm glad he's gone.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #38
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongDongJohnson View Post
Time to dust off shanahans old lie detector and see whos the one thats really making up stories.
It's broken, they hooked McDaniels up to it and with everything out of his mouth being a lie the thing was fried.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #39
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Any arm chair swinging dick coach could see how bad his knee was even during the 1st quarter. There was one option run in the 1st quarter where RGIII got 3 yards. If he's even at 50 percent that play would have gone for 30 or 40 yards. He couldn't even really plant to throw the ball by the 2nd quarter. Not really sure what they were thinking.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #40
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Any arm chair swinging dick coach could see how bad his knee was even during the 1st quarter. There was one option run in the 1st quarter where RGIII got 3 yards. If he's even at 50 percent that play would have gone for 30 or 40 yards. He couldn't even really plant to throw the ball by the 2nd quarter. Not really sure what they were thinking.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...as-coming-out/
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:02 PM   #41
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
This was an embarrassing case of coaching myopia if you ask me.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #42
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

I find it very curious that this report came out TODAY
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
R-Mac

There was no right choice for Shanahan in a loss. He is a jerk in a loss with an injured RGIII and he would be an idiot in a loss with Kirk Cousins as the starting QB. He would be taking people's crap either way. It's only gutsy and genius if you win.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #44
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Does Shanahan have eyes in his head? Because anyone with eyes in their head knew that A) RG3 couldn't run, and B) RG3 couldn't plant his leg and throw. ANYONE WITH EYES IN THEIR HEAD.

You drafted a backup quarterback this year for precisely this sort of event. Play the back up. Period.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #45
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
There was no right choice for Shanahan in a loss. He is a jerk in a loss with an injured RGIII and he would be an idiot in a loss with Kirk Cousins as the starting QB. He would be taking people's crap either way. It's only gutsy and genius if you win.
The problem is that this is about more than just this one game. This is about RGIII's future. TD's career was ended by this kind of thing.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #46
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod-BR View Post
Let's see... risk permanent injury to the guy you just spent several draft picks to get, the face of the franchise, for a game where he can't complete a pass and is ineffective running the ball...

or put in your competent backup, who is healthy, who might win you the game?

Yeah. No choice there at all.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:16 PM   #47
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

That, kids, is a "non-contact injury." Usually not a great sign for future prospects.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #48
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

That, kids, is a "non-contact injury." Usually not a great sign for future prospects.
That wasn't the play. He got hurt on the play rolling out on the incomplete pass ; the play right before he hit Paulsen for the 14-0 lead.

After that play, he was done; but he didn't come out and shanahan didn't say the **** you will come out!
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #49
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Of course he didn't want to leave. Kid has a competitive heart and spirit. Most fighters want to continue after taking a sustained beating for multiple rounds. That's one of the duties of a trainer, coach, doctor etc. To protect the athlete from himself. Shanny knows more about football than anyone on this board. If we could see RGIII hobbling around and unable to plant to even throw the football, than certainly Mike ****ing Shanahan could. To me, that's what's possibly condemning about this. Not so much that he couldn't run (everybody knew the kid was hobbled). But when his knee structure was so questionable that he couldn't even really step into a throw, there really should have been a decision to sit the kid down.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #50
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I knew when I was watching it happen that little Napoleon was just pulling his stubborn bull**** once again. Even my son was saying that RGIII shouldn't be out there. It was obvious to everybody but Shanahan.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote