The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #1
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default Bengals and Vikings...

The Bengals and Vikings looked completely inept today.

The Vikings, I'll give 'em a break because Ponder didn't start. But even so, I expected more out of Peterson. His performance really ought to give the MVP to Manning.

The Bengals OTOH were a complete joke from top to bottom. Dalton melted under pressure and looked terrible. He had something like -17 passing yards in the first half. When pressured, he would throw the ball to the nearest non-lineman whether that guy was open or not. Half the time, the receiver or RB got killed 3 nanoseconds after making the catch.

And the Do-Or-Die pass on 4th down @ the end of the game was laughable. Why throw to a guy who is 5 yards short of the 1st down marker? :facepalm:
  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,232

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The Bengals and Vikings looked completely inept today.

The Vikings, I'll give 'em a break because Ponder didn't start. But even so, I expected more out of Peterson.
How about more out of Musgrave, his OC? All they had to do to shorten that game was run the ball, whether with Webb or AP....not terribly complicated game plan because that is ALL you can do. Green Bay had 8 in the box regardless....so what is the point of trying to "fool" the Dline that Webb could actually throw? Laughably, the Vikings were still in this game going into the 4th quarter......Green Bay should thank their lucky stars that Minnesota had no gameplan whatsoever.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #3
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I thought the Viking defense put in a hell of a performance to keep the game within reach. A huge turning point was that bone head call for 12 men on the field that GB took advantage and got the TD out of it.

Minnesota looked good on the first drive, running AP and Webb. Should have just kept that up until GB stopped it. It really seemed the Viking WR's were overmatched today which didn't help things at all for them.

The Bengals, yeah well, what a let down. I really thought Dalton and Co. would come to play. Oh well.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #4
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
I thought the Viking defense put in a hell of a performance to keep the game within reach. A huge turning point was that bone head call for 12 men on the field that GB took advantage and got the TD out of it.
Yep, that coaching breakdown put the game out of reach. How in the hell can you have 12 men on the field for a field goal attempt? I couldn't believe it.

Neither the Vikings nor the Bengals deserved to win...although both teams were in a position to pull off an upset for a good part of the game.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #5
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
How about more out of Musgrave, his OC? All they had to do to shorten that game was run the ball, whether with Webb or AP....not terribly complicated game plan because that is ALL you can do. Green Bay had 8 in the box regardless....so what is the point of trying to "fool" the Dline that Webb could actually throw? Laughably, the Vikings were still in this game going into the 4th quarter......Green Bay should thank their lucky stars that Minnesota had no gameplan whatsoever.
Musgrave sucks in Green Bay. Remember that 42 point beating we took in 96'? Thanks again Bill
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:14 PM   #6
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: California
Posts: 1,115
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
How about more out of Musgrave, his OC? All they had to do to shorten that game was run the ball, whether with Webb or AP....not terribly complicated game plan because that is ALL you can do. Green Bay had 8 in the box regardless....so what is the point of trying to "fool" the Dline that Webb could actually throw? Laughably, the Vikings were still in this game going into the 4th quarter......Green Bay should thank their lucky stars that Minnesota had no gameplan whatsoever.
It seemed to me Webb did the exact opposite of what he should have done almost every play. He drops back to pass everyone is covered has 10-15 yards open in front of him he throws it. Has a guy open and would either hold the ball forever or not throw it and try to run.. It was aggravating to watch I finally turned it off.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

The two games today show exactly why they SHOULD NOT expand the playoff field. I had high hopes for both games but were brutally let down. Hoping that the Seattle/Washington game isn't a total snoozer. I don't have much hope for Indy/Baltimore. Pretty sure it's going to be boring.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:23 PM   #8
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Yeah, I gave up on both games by halftime. Neither game was worth watching, let alone worth watching again.

I live in Seattle and will be cheering on my #2 team, the Hawks! I think tomorrow's game should be awesome. And probably worth watching again.

The Hawks are a more solid, all-around team. Their defense is ruthless, and with Russell Wilson, the Skins will get a taste of their own medicine. And any fan from Denver knows that Shannyham will have at least 1 or 2 "head-scratching" moments or playcalls in this game, like calling for a run on 3rd and 16. In any event, I hope this Hawks/Skins game makes up for today's dual snooze-fests, 'cause those games were a waste of my Saturday.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:35 PM   #9
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster
 
Crushaholic's Avatar
 
Get off my lawn, you kids!

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,477

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

During one of the plays where Webb was about to be sacked, he ended up throwing the ball straight up in the air, and anyone could have come down with it. That was a WTF moment...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #10
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,311

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
The two games today show exactly why they SHOULD NOT expand the playoff field. I had high hopes for both games but were brutally let down. Hoping that the Seattle/Washington game isn't a total snoozer. I don't have much hope for Indy/Baltimore. Pretty sure it's going to be boring.
If the playoff field was expanded to 14 teams, the Giants and Steelers would be in. I think that would actually improve some of the play we saw.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer
 
tsiguy96's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 12,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

vikings special teams screwed them hardcore. remember, most teams without their starting QB are nothing, even if it is a guy who struggled this year. but their ST lost a punt, turned a FG into a TD etc. took a game that was near impossible to impossible.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:43 PM   #12
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Musgrave sucks in Green Bay. Remember that 42 point beating we took in 96'? Thanks again Bill
Musgrave was still our QB in 96 as a backup. His last game was against SD as we pulled Elway out after the 1st quarter and then Musgrave ended his career with a Seau monster sack. We then blew it 2 weeks later against the Jags.

What 42 points are you speaking of btw?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:47 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 21,624

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
Yeah, I gave up on both games by halftime. Neither game was worth watching, let alone worth watching again.

I live in Seattle and will be cheering on my #2 team, the Hawks! I think tomorrow's game should be awesome. And probably worth watching again.

Look, when you have a 2nd team that is local,ok I guess to support them. But for God Sakes man, you don't need to put an exclamation point to it like they are the ****. You make it like they are equal or better. Even so, would we give a **** about them being your second team? NO!! "The Hawks!" like they are the ****z and we need to have you acknowledge it.

In conclusion, keep it on the downlow...or is it the lowdown? Whatever it is, it is Phat. You know, Lil' Kim Phat.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #14
Armchair Bronco
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Hey, I've been dreaming of a Denver vs. Seattle matchup for decades, and this year it looks like it could happen! It's a once-in-a-lifetime alignment of the stars!

I think a Denver / Seattle Super Bowl would go into overtime. It would be one of the classic, all-time great Super Bowls ever!

And thank the Gods that we won't have to watch Cincinatti vs. Minnesota.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:11 AM   #15
KipCorrington25
Free Safety
 
KipCorrington25's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Centennial
Posts: 3,545
Default

Green Bay got a undeserved bye today, I guess that makes up for the Seattle games.

That Joe whoever was QB tonight made Tebow look like Manning.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:33 AM   #16
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Musgrave sucks in Green Bay. Remember that 42 point beating we took in 96'? Thanks again Bill
Musgrave and a bunch of stiffs went up against the '96 SB champs in GB......the Broncos rested their starters. Game had no impact on playoffs. Not a big deal in my opinion...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:38 AM   #17
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Musgrave was still our QB in 96 as a backup. His last game was against SD as we pulled Elway out after the 1st quarter and then Musgrave ended his career with a Seau monster sack. We then blew it 2 weeks later against the Jags.

What 42 points are you speaking of btw?
Bill Musgrave was QB vs. GB in one of the last games of '96 season...after we had playoffs and HFA wrapped up....Broncos lost to eventual SB champs 41-6 on the road
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #18
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
It seemed to me Webb did the exact opposite of what he should have done almost every play. He drops back to pass everyone is covered has 10-15 yards open in front of him he throws it. Has a guy open and would either hold the ball forever or not throw it and try to run.. It was aggravating to watch I finally turned it off.
Yeah...betcha you wondered "Damn...this looks familiar. Where have I seen this kind of QB play before?"
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #19
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
If the playoff field was expanded to 14 teams, the Giants and Steelers would be in. I think that would actually improve some of the play we saw.
Why would either of those teams be fun to watch? You get a pretty good measure of a team after 16 games. They aren't very good, neither better than Cincy or NYG.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #20
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 13,755

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

I'll never get having a 2nd team. I won't rip people that do it, but it's like saying you are committed to a wife but hold a mistress on the side... You don't really love the wife!
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #21
No1BroncoFan
Old School
 
No1BroncoFan's Avatar
 
If you have to ask, you don't know

Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Rocky Mountain High
Posts: 2,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpc View Post
I'll never get having a 2nd team. I won't rip people that do it, but it's like saying you are committed to a wife but hold a mistress on the side... You don't really love the wife!
Especially a team that used to be a division rival!
No1BroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:15 AM   #22
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer
 
Atwater His Ass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,623

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
During one of the plays where Webb was about to be sacked, he ended up throwing the ball straight up in the air, and anyone could have come down with it. That was a WTF moment...
Especially because it was already 3rd down, and they had nothing to gain from that. Take the sack and punt.

Although, I don't blame Webb at all. The guy took something like 3 snaps all year and then about 3 hours before kickoff, you get the nod that you'll be starting the playoff game. Not a fair situation in which to really judge him.
Atwater His Ass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:06 AM   #23
bronco610
OLD FART
 
bronco610's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 1,839

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard
Default

cincy gave up on the run or just wasnt part of their game plan or I think they would of been just fine. Idiot coaching.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #24
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,921
Default

How do you not target AJ Green about 18 times or so. Dalton missed AJ in the end zone but they were basically one AJ play away from a lead

zero first half targets.

Not a good game plan from an OC who wants a HC interview
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:28 AM   #25
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
During one of the plays where Webb was about to be sacked, he ended up throwing the ball straight up in the air, and anyone could have come down with it. That was a WTF moment...
Didn't Cutler do very similar in his first game (Seattle, was it?) after he took over for Plummer? I saw that and instantly flashed back to that game but I can't remember if it was the exact same scenario.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Denver Broncos