The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #26
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

^ Sounds like what Miami used to do back in the 80s.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:06 AM   #27
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Says the guy from Seattle. They're a young team, and there is some hot chicks in the DC area, lots of trails to sniff around . . . .
IMO that's why dc teams always suck ass. I actually met a former NBA player from the area and is back here and I asked him why dc sports generally fail a lot.

He said it is the girls and partying. He sees John wall and company out all the time. I agree with him, I see caps and wizards out a lot.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #28
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
IMO that's why dc teams always suck ass. I actually met a former NBA player from the area and is back here and I asked him why dc sports generally fail a lot.

He said it is the girls and partying. He sees John wall and company out all the time. I agree with him, I see caps and wizards out a lot.
That is a cop out. There are hot chicks in most big cities and plenty of partying. I have no problem with players out partying unless you have a must win game against the Buffalo Bills at home. Cutler and Marshall played like dog poop after a night of passing through 20 coors lights.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #29
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
That is a cop out. There are hot chicks in most big cities and plenty of partying. I have no problem with players out partying unless you have a must win game against the Buffalo Bills at home. Cutler and Marshall played like dog poop after a night of passing through 20 coors lights.
Well not the only reason, but it plays a big part. I guess the better way to put it is the culture/environment here. DC is a different vibe than most places IMO.

My own opinion is in the regular season, the grind can be tough and sure guys go out to get some fresh air, relax, etc.

The big no no IMO is during a playoff run. Why potentially ruin your chances or put yourself at a disadvantage when the offseason is so close and you can go out as much as you would like.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #30
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

You are crazy if you think DC has more chicks and a better nightlife than south Florida LA NY or even San Diego. Chicks like warm weather. There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner. There's easily 5 girls to 1 one guy in that little area. Not often you can go to a bar and see 5xs as many women than men

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-05-2013 at 12:40 PM..
Old 01-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #31
DivineLegion
The Surgeon Cometh

Tic' Toc' The Manning Clock

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You are crazy if you think DC has more chicks and a better nightlife than south Florida LA NY or even San Diego. Chicks like warm weather. There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner. There's easily 5 girls to 1 one guy in that little area. Not often you can go to a bar and see 5xs as many women than men
Orlando has a fun night life too.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:47 PM   #32
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner.
I would raise your OC to Scottsdale AZ. There are more hot women there than anywhere from all ages. California is good too but it is hard to beat the pure amount of talent in Scottsdale.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #33
Drunken.Broncoholic

[QUOTE=DENVERDUI55;3771527]
Quote:
There is no better place in this country to see hot chicks than Orange County. Just walk around dtown HB or Newport and you'll be walking with a boner. /QUOTE]

I would raise your OC to Scottsdale AZ. There are more hot women there than anywhere from all ages. California is good too but it is hard to beat the pure amount of talent in Scottsdale.
Oh damn I forgot about Scottsdale. Drunken Axis nights. But alot of those hot chicks were born and bred into sexiness from living in Cali. Importers.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:51 PM   #34
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
No I don't think that all. I think DC chicks are way, way overrated actually.

I guess I said it wrong. It's more of a culture/environment/vibe thing.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
No I don't think that all. I think DC chicks are way, way overrated actually.

I guess I said it wrong. It's more of a culture/environment/vibe thing.
Oh i see. Gotcha. Although IMO I think it has more to do with badly run organizations.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #36
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Have you ever flown hungover? It's probably one of the worst things ever.
not as bad as getting on a boat and taking a 50 min trip to main land after spending the previous night drinking 6 ltrs of homemade island native liquor. Tough experience to all involved. Huge hangover going on a boar over a spot on the pacific sea called the "Paso del Tigre". Worst hangover/travel experience ever!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #37
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I live in DC and all aspects of it suck.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #38
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Oh i see. Gotcha. Although IMO I think it has more to do with badly run organizations.
For sure that has a lot to do with it as well. Although, I will say that badly run orgs do tend to have bad apples who don't give a **** and put themselves ahead of the team. E.g., Marshall, Cutler, Haynesworth etc. and these types don't give a **** and will party all night long.

Wizards - enough said
Redskins - Snyder was hands on for the longest time, but it seems he is allowing shanahan/allen to clean up now
Caps - Leonsis "invests just enough" to have a nice team, rather than put it over the top. A very conservative approach to Free Agency.
Nats - Seem to be on their way to being a well run org.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #39
DENVERDUI55

Guess the boozin' didn't matter.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:59 PM   #40
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Guess the boozin' didn't matter.
Guess not. Although an early 14-0 deficit with griffin not getting hurt who knows what would have turned out.

They had them on the ropes, but it wasn't meant to be.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 PM   #41
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I'm wondering when the Seahawk players are gonna get fed up with Pete Carroll hugging them all the time. They may be able to put up with it for the rest of this year.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #42
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Guess not. Although an early 14-0 deficit with griffin not getting hurt who knows what would have turned out.

They had them on the ropes, but it wasn't meant to be.
Shannys teams here would get up quick and bog down after the so called scripted plays were over. Seattle settled down and showed why they were only road favorite today.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #43
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I'm wondering when the Seahawk players are gonna get fed up with Pete Carroll hugging them all the time. They may be able to put up with it for the rest of this year.
Don't fool yourself. Those guys would jump in front of a truck for him.
Old 01-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #44
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post

Don't fool yourself. Those guys would jump in front of a truck for him.
Well, IMO, jumping in front of a truck lasts about two years in the NFL. That huggy-feely stuff from an HC lasts about two years. This is year two for Carroll. Just saying.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #45
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This is why I hate Seattle fans. Cheering RGknee, and they were hoping for injuries so they could win all game. Everyone here jumped off the bandwagon after Wash went up 14-0 and started ****talking their team too, then jumped back on. Most pathetic fanbase in all of sports. If they had lost theyd have some excuse like the refs stole the game too.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:46 PM   #46
Armchair Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
This is why I hate Seattle fans. Cheering RGknee, and they were hoping for injuries so they could win all game. Everyone here jumped off the bandwagon after Wash went up 14-0 and started ****talking their team too, then jumped back on. Most pathetic fanbase in all of sports. If they had lost theyd have some excuse like the refs stole the game too.
No one I know was cheering when RG went down, quite the contrary. Fact is, Shannyham should have pulled him after the score was 14-0. Many Seattle fans knew that if RG went down, clowns like you would belittle the win. And if the Hawks win next week, you'll say: well the Falcons just lost their edge with the bye week.

You're pathetic for trying to paint an entire fan base with a single brush.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #47
jmz313
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I'll Qualify Redskinsbroncos point for him.

DC is different because of the political influence. 7 nights a week of "important" nightlife. As a Professional Sports player, you can either be insignificant or the biggest thing of any given night. think about how much "good" a Lobbyist can do with a known Player.

Just food for thought... but yes, the skins really suck cause of Snyder.
jmz313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #48
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Any major city has more talent than anyone could ever deal with. Even Boston with its less-than-desirable climate (compared to some of the other cities listed here) has approximately 200,000 female college students roaming the streets drunk on any given night for at least 9 months out of the year.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #49
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
You could just say You remember when being a Seattle fan was like being a Browns fan with better coffee.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #50
WABronco
WE SUCK AGAIN

All dat force

Quote:
This is why I hate_____ fans. Cheering______, and they were hoping for injuries so they could win all game. Everyone here jumped off the bandwagon after_____went up 14-0 and started ****talking their team too, then jumped back on. Most pathetic fanbase in all of sports. If they had lost theyd have some excuse like the refs stole the game too.
Fixed
WABronco is offline   Reply With Quote