The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
pricejj
jungle

Default Mile High Magic

The Broncos have home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

The players will never tell you after the fact, because emotion is difficult to remember. They made the plays that seemed impossible at the time. Elway knew about it. The old Bronco Defenses would tighten up, leaving him time to orchestrate his legendary comebacks. Colorful Colorado is different. Maybe it was the wild look in his eyes that convinced Peyton Manning to come to Denver?

You can guarantee it was a factor in the playoff win over the Patriots at Invesco after the 2005 season. Terrible towels ruled the day in the AFCCG...dashing out our hopes for another Superbowl appearance. The Orange Crush of the 70's and 80's thrived on the crowd, but that was a much different era...memories fading into the orange and blue sunset.

Is it the altitude that takes opponents breath away, or the 77,000 frantic fans...anticipating...and filling the stadium with blood curdling screams every time the Broncos make a play? Tebow can testify that it is "the air up there"...with faith anything can happen.

Peyton Manning, and the NFL sack leading Denver Defense have been a witness to the orange band of followers that began to gather from the first day of training camp. Now, we are all riding an 11-game high...but we didn't get here without passion for the team we have always loved...the Denver Broncos.

Oh ye, Denver faithful...those who bleed orange and blue...get out of your seats and rise up with a glorious noise.

GO BRONCOS!!

Last edited by pricejj; 01-03-2013 at 03:16 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Bronco Boy
Avid Ambien Abuser

Eric Fischer: Catholic Priest

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Continue starting threads.
Bronco Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yeah?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

The players will never tell you after the fact, because emotion is difficult to remember. They made the plays that seemed impossible at the time. Elway knew about it. The old Bronco Defenses would tighten up, leaving him time to orchestrate his legendary comebacks. Colorful Colorado is different. Maybe it was the wild look in his eyes that convinced Peyton Manning to come to Denver?

You can guarantee it was a factor in the playoff win over the Patriots at Invesco after the 2005 season. Terrible towels ruled the day in the AFCCG...dashing out our hopes for another Superbowl appearance. The Orange Crush of the 70's and 80's thrived on the crowd, but that was a much different era...memories fading into the orange and blue sunset.

Is it the altitude that takes opponents breath away, or the 77,000 frantic fans...anticipating...and filling the stadium with blood curdling screams every time the Broncos make a play? Tebow can testify that it is "the air up there"...with faith anything can happen.

Oh ye, Denver faithful...those who bleed orange and blue...get out of your seats and rise up with a glorious noise.
That Raiders game week one last year the crowd was going nuts. Watching the game on TV you could see the cameras shaking. I don't seem to remember seeing a game since where the crowd was that loud. Hopefully everyone that bought a ticket goes ape **** when the D is on the field!
maher_tyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
jerseyboiler120

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
That Raiders game week one last year the crowd was going nuts. Watching the game on TV you could see the cameras shaking. I don't seem to remember seeing a game since where the crowd was that loud. Hopefully everyone that bought a ticket goes ape **** when the D is on the field!
I remember noticing the same thing for what felt like one of the first times since old mile high where they always shook.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #6
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Peyton Manning, and the NFL sack leading Denver Defense have been a witness to the orange band of followers that began to gather from the first day of training camp. Now, we are all riding an 11-game high...but we didn't get here without passion for the team we have always loved...the Denver Broncos.

GO BRONCOS!!
And have a wine and cheese, only at the game because I was given corporate tickets and want to tell everyone I was at the game fan text security and have your ass thrown out of the game for cheering at the top of your lungs. How I miss the old, real Mile High stadium magic and fans.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:10 PM   #7
extralife
Ring of Famer

one time I almost got thrown out of a nuggets game for screaming too loud. the woman next to me was reading a book. I must have stared at the usher with a blank look for a solid thirty seconds after he warned me.

pretty sure that's not going to happen on the twelfth.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #8
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
And have a wine and cheese, only at the game because I was given corporate tickets and want to tell everyone I was at the game fan text security and have your ass thrown out of the game for cheering at the top of your lungs. How I miss the old, real Mile High stadium magic and fans.
F those dumb azz wine and cheese wimps they need to GTFO
IF THEY WANT PEACE AND QUIET GO TO A DAMN LIBRARY
WE NEED TO TAKE BACK MILE HIGH FROM THOSE SNOOTY WINE AND CHEESE WUSSIES
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #9
XXXII&III
Pro Bowler

Where I sit, I'm surrounded mostly by season ticket holders. We all holler so loud and long that we're hoarse by the time we leave, and we don't hesitate to stand up whenever it's appropriate, and sometimes when it's not. There is no whine and cheese element to my section, not at all.

A couple of games, ago, a chick sitting behind us, a newcomer who'd purchased her ticket just for that particular game, started screaming at us to sit down. "I didn't pay all this money on a ticket to look at your backs."

SHE was chastising SEASON TICKET HOLDERS for standing!!!

Our response was first to glance back and mutter STFU and then to stand in front of her the entire g*ddamned game. b****.
XXXII&III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #10
Bacchus

Where is the link and the pictures?!?!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #11
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXII&III View Post
Where I sit, I'm surrounded mostly by season ticket holders. We all holler so loud and long that we're hoarse by the time we leave, and we don't hesitate to stand up whenever it's appropriate, and sometimes when it's not. There is no whine and cheese element to my section, not at all.

A couple of games, ago, a chick sitting behind us, a newcomer who'd purchased her ticket just for that particular game, started screaming at us to sit down. "I didn't pay all this money on a ticket to look at your backs."

SHE was chastising SEASON TICKET HOLDERS for standing!!!

Our response was first to glance back and mutter STFU and then to stand in front of her the entire g*ddamned game. b****.
I'd thrown my beer on the b**** and then I would have taken my Wild Turkey flask out of my jacket and really been loud!!!
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #12
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

I can't discuss my portfolio with my friends with you morons yelling all of the time. All of the standing/sitting/standing tom foolery causes undesirable agitation to my cabernet, which obviously releases the volitile aromas in the wrong order. So pretty please, with sugar on top: STFU and sit down. Some of us are trying to conduct business. I don't go to your trailer park and scream at you while you check the mailbox on the 1st and 15th of the month, do I?
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #13
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Weird that in all the games I've been to I've never encountered this kind of crap from whine and cheesers. However, when Peyton is directing the offense everyone should sit down and stfu. Or he'll give all of you the evil eye.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #14
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I can't discuss my portfolio with my friends with you morons yelling all of the time. All of the standing/sitting/standing tom foolery causes undesirable agitation to my cabernet, which obviously releases the volitile aromas in the wrong order. So pretty please, with sugar on top: STFU and sit down. Some of us are trying to conduct business. I don't go to your trailer park and scream at you while you check the mailbox on the 1st and 15th of the month, do I?
plus with all that yelling and screaming i cant talk to my broker and all this stomping and screaming is ruining my fine wine sir. ive come to this stadium to relax and read my stock reports on my smart phone
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Where is the link and the pictures?!?!
Speaking of no link, where has TSIGUY been lately?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #16
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Weird that in all the games I've been to I've never encountered this kind of crap from whine and cheesers. However, when Peyton is directing the offense everyone should sit down and stfu. Or he'll give all of you the evil eye.
some say those who get the evil eye are never seen alive again. i heard a story once some obnoxious fan was whooping it up when manning wanted quiet he shot a evil eye to the guy and he just spontaneous combusted