The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #176
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

After the Patsy game plan tonight maybe mCd should have taken a HC gig before he gets fired by Belly.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:08 PM   #177
MacGruder

Is Belichick ever going to retire? I wonder if McD knows something others don't? Beli taking a front office job while McD transitions to head coach would seem to be a smooth transition.. Who knows when Belichick will call it quits though.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:10 PM   #178
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Would be lovely to see McDaniels take over the Patriots head gig.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #179
MacGruder

With Beli still pulling the strings behind the curtain things wouldn't be that much different tho probably.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #180
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
With Beli still pulling the strings behind the curtain things wouldn't be that much different tho probably.
Doesn't matter, he can't win without cheating anyway.
Old 01-20-2013, 07:43 PM   #181
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

McDaniel's offense in Championships:

14 Points in The Super Bowl
13 Points in the AFC Championship

Loser
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM   #182
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

McNozzle
Old 01-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #183
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Is Belichick ever going to retire? I wonder if McD knows something others don't? Beli taking a front office job while McD transitions to head coach would seem to be a smooth transition.. Who knows when Belichick will call it quits though.
At this point why would Patsy fans want more of the same.

I totally hated the thought of firing Shanny but now realize it was time.

When Kraft does the same thing it will be with a new HC with a new system that gives them the best chance to win not more of the same.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #184
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
So are you back here until Tebow gets out of Limbo? Did you create accounts on the Argonauts or Roughrider fan forums preping for his move to the CFL?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #185
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
At this point why would Patsy fans want more of the same.

I totally hated the thought of firing Shanny but now realize it was time.

When Kraft does the same thing it will be with a new HC with a new system that gives them the best chance to win not more of the same.
Now I did not watch every minute of the game, but it looked to me that the new England defense lost that game, much the same way we lost to BAL. unable to shut down flacko.

The last time I noticed mc Daniels does not coach the defense. Nor does he throw the picks that ulitmately cost them the game.

Seems to me that there is a lot of unjustified hate going on.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #186
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Now I did not watch every minute of the game, but it looked to me that the new England defense lost that game, much the same way we lost to BAL. unable to shut down flacko.

The last time I noticed mc Daniels does not coach the defense. Nor does he throw the picks that ulitmately cost them the game.

Oh, I don't know. I think I can hate McDaniel's just for breathing the same air, and I can justify the absolute contempt for that slimy little weasel based simply on the fact that he damaged my favorite team almost beyond repair.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #187
SPORTSWRITER
Initials are ESP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobzilla View Post
I really wanted him to get the KC job.
RIGHT ON!!! I would have really enjoyed watching us kick his McDumbAss two times a year!!!
SPORTSWRITER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #188
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The fact that mCd said in a presser that he didn't believe in adjustments told me all I needed to know.
Looks like Mr. no adjustments once again did not make any for the second half:

Attachment 32035

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:10 AM   #189
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Being shut out in the 2nd half outscored 21-0 does fall equally on the offense to extend a 6 point lead at halftime
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:30 AM   #190
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

The offense only managed 13 points on over 400 yards with 3 turnovers. Lots of yards with nothing to show for it was exactly what he did here. That loss is on the offense. McCoy throws ints, so why can't McD?

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-21-2013 at 08:33 AM..
Old 01-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #191
MacGruder

Quote:
So are you back here until Tebow gets out of Limbo? Did you create accounts on the Argonauts or Roughrider fan forums preping for his move to the CFL?
Do you realize how ridiculous it is to mock a player who outplayed one of your golden geezers and made a fool of both of them?
Old 01-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #192
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
The offense only managed 13 points on over 400 yards with 3 turnovers. Lots of yards with nothing to show for it was exactly what he did here. That loss is on the offense. McCoy throws ints, so why can't McD?
Sounds like a day at a Cutler job.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #193
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

if the Patriots could ever learn to draft well and develop the guys they stock all those picks for they would be a sick team.
people ignored the failings for years because they got FA's the come in and replace guys they let go but it's piling up now.

McDaniels didn't script the game plan well in the 2nd half but on some of those plays, the Ravens just wanted it more. you could see the hunger in their play, especially on that Ridley hit.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #194
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:

The fact that you defend the guy after admitting you did not watch the entire game tells me you are not objective when it comes to Franchise killer mCd.

The good news is you should be able to order a Canton High Tee Shirt when he ends up as their HC.

If you did watch the game you would have seen how the Raven's were keying on what the Pats were doing and were able to get multiple passes batted at the LOS, hit and hurry Brady, and even force a holding call on Solder. The Ravens were able to cover WR's forcing Brady to run on 4th down, panic and end up throwing it away when he should have manned up and done everything he could have to get the 1st down, you know like Elway did in SB XXXII.

I admit to missing the CiDtL option in garbage time. I figured they would have tried to push the ball downfield late behind 15, after all Orton was able to hit him on those garbage time bombs. Instead they kept throwing to Welker running crossing routes, when they finally got Welker down the field he was chased down by the guy he juked. Sure they missed Gronk and Riddley late (they were already down and ineffective when Riddley went out) but they still had Hernandez, Lloyd and Welker and they kept going to Welker 1st running the same O as in the 1st half.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #195
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So he was on the field here throwing picks and fumbling the ball. That stuff was not done by the QBs,,WRs or RBs.

For what it worth those 400 hundred yards and 13 points sounds like that past 12-14 years.

Face it the BAL defense was better prepared for both Denver and NE offenses.

And in both cases their offense was better prepared than our defenses.

We were out coached and our players were best at their own game.

How many games have we lost over the past decade to teams that should have been easy wins?

We lost this past game at the LOS. Mostly with their OL beating our DL. allowing Flacko all the time he needed to throw the long ball.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #196
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
The fact that you defend the guy after admitting you did not watch the entire game tells me you are not objective when it comes to Franchise killer mCd.

The good news is you should be able to order a Canton High Tee Shirt when he ends up as their HC.

If you did watch the game you would have seen how the Raven's were keying on what the Pats were doing and were able to get multiple passes batted at the LOS, hit and hurry Brady, and even force a holding call on Solder. The Ravens were able to cover WR's forcing Brady to run on 4th down, panic and end up throwing it away when he should have manned up and done everything he could have to get the 1st down, you know like Elway did in SB XXXII.

I admit to missing the CiDtL option in garbage time. I figured they would have tried to push the ball downfield late behind 15, after all Orton was able to hit him on those garbage time bombs. Instead they kept throwing to Welker running crossing routes, when they finally got Welker down the field he was chased down by the guy he juked. Sure they missed Gronk and Riddley late (they were already down and ineffective when Riddley went out) but they still had Hernandez, Lloyd and Welker and they kept going to Welker 1st running the same O as in the 1st half.
Again did Mc D did not throw the picks and frankly I suspect that Brady was making the calls at the LOS overriding anything that was being sent in.

The facts are neither NEs or Denver's OL are dominate and in DEN case have had issues in the red zone almost forever. This year was better but the facts are when Moreno went down we floundered.

Now would Bal have taken him out of the game anyway? I guess we will have to wait till next year to know.

BAl has a class GM and great HC and they have been building a solid franchise since they opened the doors.

I can only hope that John E will be half the GM that Newsome is.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 PM   #197
COWheatGrower

It's so funny how much McDickless supporters will go out of their way to defend his pitiful performances.

I have even heard excuses for the Rams' No. 32 offensive showing in 2011. I don't care how poor the talent level is, a capable offensive coordinator finds a way to generate production better than 32. There's no defending being dead last, which the Rams were by a wide margin.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #198
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
So he was on the field here throwing picks and fumbling the ball. That stuff was not done by the QBs,,WRs or RBs.

For what it worth those 400 hundred yards and 13 points sounds like that past 12-14 years.

Face it the BAL defense was better prepared for both Denver and NE offenses.

And in both cases their offense was better prepared than our defenses.

We were out coached and our players were best at their own game.

How many games have we lost over the past decade to teams that should have been easy wins?

We lost this past game at the LOS. Mostly with their OL beating our DL. allowing Flacko all the time he needed to throw the long ball.

Sure their defense showed up. But these wins are a result of an offense clicking on all cylinders. Credible journalists calling flacco elite after this season? I wouldn't have thought that. But he's balling right now. That offense smacked them right in the face while the pats offense looked pitiful at home when it counted most.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #199
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Again did Mc D did not throw the picks and frankly I suspect that Brady was making the calls at the LOS overriding anything that was being sent in.

The facts are neither NEs or Denver's OL are dominate and in DEN case have had issues in the red zone almost forever. This year was better but the facts are when Moreno went down we floundered.

Now would Bal have taken him out of the game anyway? I guess we will have to wait till next year to know.

BAl has a class GM and great HC and they have been building a solid franchise since they opened the doors.

I can only hope that John E will be half the GM that Newsome is.
If this is true what is the point of having an OC at all?

There was an article about how the pats call in the plays quickly in their speed version of the no huddle based on options Brady is sent in over the head set and at the line, those are usually run plays or hot routes. They got away from this very early in the game, you would have seen this if you watched it.

I highly doubt Brady would have audibled out of all of mCd perfect plays into plays that failed.

It came down to execution just like our loss did. The fact that the Ravens were able to learn what the Pats were trying to do then cheat into better positions to break up their plays just proves that no adjustments (which mCd admitted to not believing in during a Bronco Presser) were made. Ravens had 2-3 bat downs at the LOS late in the 4th quarter.

Also if you watched the game you would have noticed that when the Ravens went up 15 with like 8-9 minutes to go they dropped into deeper coverages taking away the quick strike, something Milus should have instructed our Safeties to do last game. When the Pats got inside the Ravens 30 the Ravens clamped down and were able to force a turnover on downs, a batted INT and a straight INT.

mCd has always been a great garbage time coach, even Orton looked great with the game out of reach. It was what they didn't do with the game in reach that hurt them.

To endlessly defend a guy who continues to fail at his last 3 stops just because you don't want to be wrong about him is insane.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #200
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

mCd should have let the phone ring and gone on interviews, not because he wanted an HC job now but to gain experience interviewing and forging new relationships.

One of his biggest short comings was his contact base in the NFL. He had to have his 1st DC suggested to him by his agent, his 2nd came from outside the NFL ranks. If he wants to have a successful career he needs to get out from under the Belly tree.

Chances are Belly could retire, get fired, or need to offer up a scapegoat at some point if they do not continue to have success. The chances of a phone ringing after your team has failed is less than if you stay out and active on the radar.

That said a poor interview could limit him also, especially in the closed loop that is the NFL, but to call around and tell guys not to call you is laughable.