The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #76
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Again talking crap we have never drafted first. Making mole hills into rocky mountains.

He was not even the head coach all that last year. So you have no idea if they would not have win more games. Do you?

I get it your bromance with mikey is showing.
Huh? Go check the run from the game after the 6-0 start, to his last game coached. It was the WORST record of any team in the league. A historically bad run. It's like through 20 games. No other team posted a worse record over that time.

Pretty funny I call Shanny mediocre and you assume I'm in love with him. I guess mediocre is the ceiling for you when you're in love with McD

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-01-2013 at 06:19 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #77
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I've never heard anything like that. Sounds like sour grapes to me. You have a link to that tripe.
Obviously you weren't paying attention. Champ was in talks, then they abruptly told him no discussions. Left him hanging through that season in october. He even said he was ready to move on and there's plenty of evidence on this that he was upset. Don't be lazy you can google.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-01-2013 at 06:18 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:23 PM   #78
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Obviously you weren't paying attention. Champ was in talks, then they abruptly told him no discussions. Left him hanging through that season in october. He even said he was ready to move on and there's plenty of evidence on this that he was upset. Don't be lazy you can google.
I'm not the one making allegations.

Sounds like your taking something out if context or someone reporting it was.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #79
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Huh? Go check the run from the game after the 6-0 start, to his last game coached. It was the WORST record of any team in the league. A historically bad run. It's like through 20 games. No other team posted a worse record over that time.

Pretty funny I call Shanny mediocre and you assume I'm in love with him. I guess mediocre is the ceiling for you when you're in love with McD
Yes we lost games but iirc he was not the coach of record for all those games in his last year.

And that was the one that got the #2 draft choice. Not the previous year.

As for your commentary about mikey being mediocre frankly did not remember seeing it. Not a t home and only on my iPhone so some of the words are small.

. If you did congrats to you as you are smarter and braver on this forum than most.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #80
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I'm not the one making allegations.

Sounds like your taking something out if context or someone reporting it was.
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16279530

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...nver-broncos/1

http://footballpros.com/content.php/...l-from-Broncos

I can keep going

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-01-2013 at 06:32 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #81
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Yes we lost games but iirc he was not the coach of record for all those games in his last year.

And that was the one that got the #2 draft choice. Not the previous year.

As for your commentary about mikey being mediocre frankly did not remember seeing it. Not a t home and only on my iPhone so some of the words are small.

. If you did congrats to you as you are smarter and braver on this forum than most.
Not the coach of record for those games? He was the head coach until the last 3 games of that season, so I wasn't counting those. Think they went 1-2. Count the games after the 6-0 start and it was the worst in the league.

Anyways ya I'm no shanny lover, toward the end of his run and some of his personnel moves, but I do respect what he's done. He was in his prime during those runs. Believing in Terrell Davis when others didnt was pretty dam sweet.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 01-01-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Old 01-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #82
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Not the coach of record for those games? He was the head coach until the last 3 games of that season, so I wasn't counting those. Think they went 1-2. Count the games after the 6-0 start and it was the worst in the league.

Anyways ya I'm no shanny lover, toward the end of his run and some of his personnel moves, but I do respect what he's done. He was in his prime during those runs. Believing in Terrell Davis when others didnt was pretty dam sweet.
So we can agree that.

As for mikey great OC in the early games but late in the seasons especially in the playoffs we were overmatched player wise as well as coaching. And his defenses sucked

We faded every year. Instaed of getting better like we are. Now.
Old 01-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #83
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
So we can agree that.

As for mikey great OC in the early games but late in the seasons especially in the playoffs we were overmatched player wise as well as coaching. And his defenses sucked

We faded every year. Instaed of getting better like we are. Now.
Ya the end of seasons were not kind. Seemed always 8-5 ended in 8-8. But in McDs full season you can also say we faded big time. 6-0 to 8-8 is a fade
Old 01-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #84
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Hardly treating him like trash. IMO

Quote:

McD treated Champ like a piece of trash. No doubt he would've let Champ walk.
That was my point.

It was only business. Nothing treating like trash. They had an offer that was not acceoted and then it was pulled.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #85
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

4 pages for a scrub coach saying no to coaching jobs that no team was going to offer him in the first place.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #86
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

That was my point.

It was only business. Nothing treating like trash. They had an offer that was not acceoted and then it was pulled.
I don't know. Opening contract talks themselves then abruptly stopping all talks soon after is bush league. Why even start the talks in the first place? Seems like he was hung out to dry.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #87
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
4 pages for a scrub coach saying no to coaching jobs that no team was going to offer him in the first place.
The funny thing about it is he called teams that were going to look for HCs, telling them he's not available? These are teams that didnt even express ANY interest. Lol the arrogance is still there.

McD:"Uh, is this the chiefs front office? I'm just calling to say you can't hire me."

FO:"uh, who is this? Ok. You weren't on our list anyway"
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #88
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Chicago rumors were legit. Windowless van with a spray-painted "free candy" sign legit.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #89
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
I don't know. Opening contract talks themselves then abruptly stopping all talks soon after is bush league. Why even start the talks in the first place? Seems like he was hung out to dry.
Seems to me that John did that to Clady this year.

Is he bush?
Old 01-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #90
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Seems to me that John did that to Clady this year.

Is he bush?
Not the same thing. Clady called off the contract talks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...xtension-talks
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #91
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Not the same thing. Clady called off the contract talks.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp1...xtension-talks
Why? Because he felt that he was being treated poorly money wise.
Pray tell the difference.

Maybe John felt like he was how did you put it
Quote:
Being treated like a piece of trash.
Same difference

How about we agree to disagree.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #92
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
RIF. I have never dissed him as a super bowl winner. Fnd a post that I have not praised him for those wins.

My compliant about him is being a mediocre at best coach after losing his HOF players. He had the chance to replace them but he brought in such notables as foster, delta, ashley, pierce.. Please remember that mikey never brought any of those HOF guys they were already here when he came to town.

Read my posts he has my respect early as a coach it is his last decade in Denver that was a disgrace.

6 players out of 41 round 1-3 players resigned to play in DEN.
Those are the guys that every good teams build their franchise on.

SIX PLAYERS IN 14 YEARS. THAT IS A DISGRACE and it is all HIS FAULT AS HE WAS IN TOTAL CHARGE.

No one else to blame but mikey.
You gave the credit of those SB wins to TD and Kubiak. I am far from an apologist for Shanny but I see so much hatred for the guy. You don't even know it when you do it.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #93
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Why? Because he felt that he was being treated poorly money wise.
Pray tell the difference.

Maybe John felt like he was how did you put it

Same difference

How about we agree to disagree.

Champ didnt end the contract talks. Champ didnt even initiate the talks. McD and Xander's initiated talks then pulled the rug from under him. With clady the FO didnt do that. Clady decided to end the talks.

One way is bush league, the other way is more tolerated.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #94
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You gave the credit of those SB wins to TD and Kubiak. I am far from an apologist for Shanny but I see so much hatred for the guy. You don't even know it when you do it.

Bottom line there would've been NO Terrell Davis without Shanahan. So if he's giving credit to Davis......
Old 01-01-2013, 08:33 PM   #95
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Once Bitten Twice Shy

Apparently he learned the hard way he has a lot more to learn.

Earlier on Monday, we shared a quote from Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels in which he said that he was going to keep his focus on the job he has “right now” in regard to queries about interest in head coaching vacancies.

The phrasing was such that it seemed McDaniels was being careful to note that he has responsibilities to the Patriots while making sure that potentially interested parties heard that he was also open to a change in title. According to a report from Adam Schefter of ESPN, we parsed McDaniels’ words a bit too much.

It now seems McDaniels meant that his focus will only be on the job he has right now and that he’s not going to be actively pursuing another one this offseason. Schefter reports that McDaniels has called teams looking for head coaches to tell them that he will be remaining in New England and won’t be interviewing for another shot at being the man in charge of a team even though he would like to be a head coach again one day.

More here:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ont-interview/
In unrelated news No teams expressed interest in hiring this dilweed.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #96
Bacchus

Quote:

That was my point.

HAHA so you hate Shanahan and love McD.... I got you all figured out now.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #97
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
In unrelated news No teams expressed interest in hiring this dilweed.
Bingo!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #98
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
RIF. I have never dissed him as a super bowl winner. Fnd a post that I have not praised him for those wins.

My compliant about him is being a mediocre at best coach after losing his HOF players. He had the chance to replace them but he brought in such notables as foster, delta, ashley, pierce.. Please remember that mikey never brought any of those HOF guys they were already here when he came to town.

Read my posts he has my respect early as a coach it is his last decade in Denver that was a disgrace.

6 players out of 41 round 1-3 players resigned to play in DEN.
Those are the guys that every good teams build their franchise on.

SIX PLAYERS IN 14 YEARS. THAT IS A DISGRACE and it is all HIS FAULT AS HE WAS IN TOTAL CHARGE.

No one else to blame but mikey.
That's bull****, first of all.

And have you EVER compared it to other teams to see where Denver stands in comparison to the rest of the league?

For years I've read this crap, and not once have you ever compared it to other teams or come up with league averages to justify these ridiculously stupid arguments.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM   #99
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Champ didnt end the contract talks. Champ didnt even initiate the talks. McD and Xander's initiated talks then pulled the rug from under him. With clady the FO didnt do that. Clady decided to end the talks.

One way is bush league, the other way is more tolerated.
If you say so.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #100
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post
That's bull****, first of all.

And have you EVER compared it to other teams to see where Denver stands in comparison to the rest of the league?

For years I've read this crap, and not once have you ever compared it to other teams or come up with league averages to justify these ridiculously stupid arguments.
Show me a real team that had a 13% retention rate of their top round guys 1-3.

I doubt seriously that you can. I'm not going to do it because I know that NE, PIT, Bal the big three in the afc are better. I do not have to research that and frankly I could care less about KC, , CLE, CIN, or San.

If you think they are prove me wrong. I'm not wasting my time.

I sat down last night going over the draft choices after our busts in the top three rounds to prove point to my die hard bronco brother. He was astounded at the talent we passed on to pick up a ss clowns that for the most part never made it out of their third TC.

But Here is a snippet.

Code:
17	Denver Broncos	D.J. Williams	OLB	Miami (Fla.)
18	New Orleans Saints	Will Smith	DE	Ohio State
19	Miami Dolphins	Vernon Carey	T	Miami (Fla.)
20	Minnesota Vikings	Kenechi Udeze	DE	USC
21	New England Patriots	Vince Wilfork	NT	Miami (Fla.)
24	St. Louis Rams	Steven Jackson	RB	Oregon State

54	Denver Broncos	Darius Watts	WR	Marshall
55	Jacksonville Jaguars	Greg Jones	RB	Florida State
56	Cincinnati Bengals	Madieu Williams	FS	Maryland
57	Tennessee Titans	Antwan Odom	DE	Alabama
58	San Francisco 49ers	Shawntae Spencer	CB	Pittsburgh
59	Cleveland Browns	Sean Jones	SAF	Georgia

85	Denver Broncos	Jeremy LeSueur	CB	Michigan
86	Jacksonville Jaguars	Jorge Cordova	LB	Nevada-Reno
87	Green Bay Packers	B.J. Sander	P	Ohio State
88	Minnesota Vikings	Darrion Scott	DE	Ohio State
89	Philadelphia Eagles	Matt Ware	DB	UCLA
90	Atlanta Falcons	Matt Schaub	QB	Virginia
Food for thought every year is like that . Or worse. But for you die hard tanahan lovers you will turn a blind eye on it.

I know what I know..
If the guy would have hired a bonafide GM to make the choices instead of thinking he can make them better players because he will now coach them.

The guy hand cuffed himself to a piss poor judge of talent and loser DCs. He/we Could have had a half dozen more rings had his ego not gotten in the way.

Last edited by lonestar; 01-01-2013 at 09:55 PM..