The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #1
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default Where's the after party?

Wife and I are staying off of 16th street and Stout. going to either light rail it or taxi it to and from the game.

Any suggestions on a good place to go watch the late game and enjoy the revelry of a playoff victory?
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #2
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default Where's the after party?

Wife and I are staying off of 16th street and Stout. going to either light rail it or taxi it to and from the game.

Any suggestions on a good place to go watch the late game and enjoy the revelry of a playoff victory?
Old 01-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #3
Rocket 7
Formerly known as Dipso

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Smith 70

http://www.shotgun-willies.com/
Rocket 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #4
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

I would imagine 16th street (in paticular lodo area) will be pretty rocking WHEN we win
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Meck77

It's not that far of a walk if you walk along the South Platte to lodo. Catch the free 16th street shuttle from there.

I've been using the heck out of www.restaurant.com lately. I'm sure you could find something near your place to settle in after the game.

Right now you can get a $25.00 food certificate for $6.00. Promo code is SAVE.

Fine a place that has a minimum of $35.00 and includes alcohol. Chow down, drink some brews, and your bill will essentially be just $16.00.

Cross reference with YELP for restaurant reviews.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-08-2013 at 11:29 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #6
Tim

East colfax or northglen area
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
East colfax or northglen area

You know those East Colfax jokes just don't apply anymore. Well not to Aurora East colfax maybe Denver's. I think most of you people who have moved away don't realize there are BILLIONS of dollars of high rises and the hottest jobs in the state on East Colfax now. *shrug*.

The hookers have been replaced with hot nurses making $60+k a year.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-08-2013 at 11:33 AM..
Old 01-08-2013, 11:27 AM   #8
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #9
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

How crowded does Mile High Station get after games? It's practically across the street from the stadium so it would be perfect to walk to afterwards and catch a cab after traffic dies down, but no way do I want to be waiting in any kind of line in 15 degree weather.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Continue to tailgate after the game! If you have a big group with left over food, grill it and enjoy the company of other broncos. Just keep warm and have a good time. Later, go down to LoDo when some have left and you can get a table. I think Meck has a good idea on the website for food. Sports Column will be massively packed the next few weekends especially if there is a game after the Broncos play.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Continue to tailgate after the game! If you have a big group with left over food, grill it and enjoy the company of other broncos. Just keep warm and have a good time. Later, go down to LoDo when some have left and you can get a table. I think Meck has a good idea on the website for food. Sports Column will be massively packed the next few weekends especially if there is a game after the Broncos play.
that's the thing - I don't think the guys I'm tailgating with before hand will be sticking around much afterwards. It's a 2 hour drive back up to Cheyenne, and you don't really want to get sauced for that drive. My wife and I, on the other hand, will be relying on public transportation so that's not an issue.

The bigger deal for us will be keeping warm somewhere. It was damn cold after the Steelers game last year waiting in the taxi line (for some reason, light rail wasn't running); it will be much colder this time around.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
Meck77

The Broncos ride shuttle from market street station runs every 3-5 minutes. Much more efficient than the light rail.

You'd have to walk just 6 blocks from Stout. Either that or jump the free 16th street mall shuttle over to market.

I use to bounce over on this back in the day. There use to be a dirt area right off of market street (If I remember right) where I would park for free. Ah the good ole days...

http://www.rtd-denver.com/BroncosRide.shtml

Shuttle services

As part of our BroncosRide service, the Federal Shuttle and Market Street Shuttle operate every three-to-five minutes starting two hours before game time until 10 minutes after kickoff. Service resumes immediately following the game with the last bus departing within 45 minutes.
The Federal Shuttle makes stops in front of Chase Bank at the Lakeside Office Park, Lincoln High School, and at bus stops along Federal Boulevard. The Market Street Shuttle departs from Market Street Station.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-08-2013 at 01:55 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #13
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
The Broncos ride shuttle from market street station runs every 3-5 minutes. Much more efficient than the light rail.

You'd have to walk just 6 blocks from Stout. Either that or jump the free 16th street mall shuttle over to market.

I use to bounce over on this back in the day. There use to be a dirt area right off of market street (If I remember right) where I would park for free. Ah the good ole days...

http://www.rtd-denver.com/BroncosRide.shtml

Shuttle services

As part of our BroncosRide service, the Federal Shuttle and Market Street Shuttle operate every three-to-five minutes starting two hours before game time until 10 minutes after kickoff. Service resumes immediately following the game with the last bus departing within 45 minutes.
The Federal Shuttle makes stops in front of Chase Bank at the Lakeside Office Park, Lincoln High School, and at bus stops along Federal Boulevard. The Market Street Shuttle departs from Market Street Station.
good info...thanks!
Old 01-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #14
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah I'll be at SportsColumn or something. LoDo is going to be ridiculous.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote