The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Default Manning's 2012 stats vs. career

It is certainly safe to say Manning has far exceeded anyone's expectations. His 2012 stats are nearly career marks in every major qb category:

Stat. / 2012 Career rank. / 2012 #/best # yr
Yards. / 2. / 4659. / 4700 (2010)
Completions. / 2. / 400 / 450 (2010)
Attempts. / 3. 583 / 679 (2010)
Comp %. / 2. / 68.6 / 68.8 (2008)
Yards/pass. / 3. / 7.99 / 9.17 (2004)
TD. / 2. / 37 / 49. (2004)
Int. / 2 / 11 / 10 ( 03, 04, 05)
Qbr. / 1 (0nly goes back to 08). / 84.1
Wins. / 2 ( 13 wins 3x). / 13 / 14 ( 05, 09)
SB. / ?? / ? / 2006

What great year and joy this continues to be. I guess the unbelievable thing is, as great as Manning has been, and in most years we couldn't wait to see him get back on the field, the defense is at least as exciting when they hit the field. How far have we come in 3 yrs?!?!?!?

Last edited by tesnyde; 12-31-2012 at 07:35 AM..
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Absolutely awesome. I hope he can play 2-3 more years after this. A lot of players on our team have improved, but this guy is just legendary on the field. Haven't had this much fun watching this team in years! HAPPY NEW YEARS!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #3
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Attachment 31947

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
Pretty amazing numbers. Looks like, arguably, the 2nd best season of his career. I am pretty surprised by the fact that he threw the 3rd most passes of his career in Denver. I would have thought we'd have a more balanced attack than most of the years he was with the Colts.

Great to see!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Amazing year! I wonder where our offense ranks against the offenses he played with in the past. Total yards etc. I mean we had 6,366 yards this year of total offense. His best year, 2004, the Colts had 6,475. That's a difference of only 104yds from his best year in the NFL. Not to mention, this year he was coming off of 4 surgeries, learning a new offense, developing timing with new receivers etc.

There's an arguement to be made that this is the best offense he's played on! Wow!!!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Probably would have been the most passing yards and attempts ever for Peyton if Fox and McCoy weren't so conservative. I mean, who even runs the ball on 1st down anyway, or for that matter 2nd down, and don't even get me started with running the ball on 3rd down. Such an crappy, antiquated, run heavy offense we have.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #7
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Amazing year! I wonder where our offense ranks against the offenses he played with in the past. Total yards etc. I mean we had 6,366 yards this year of total offense. His best year, 2004, the Colts had 6,475. That's a difference of only 104yds from his best year in the NFL. Not to mention, this year he was coming off of 4 surgeries, learning a new offense, developing timing with new receivers etc.

There's an arguement to be made that this is the best offense he's played on! Wow!!!
Damn, with all that has been accomplished this year with everything being new, the next 2-4 yrs have the potential to be infinitely awesome! mind boggling
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Manning should be the MVP! Yes, Peterson has had a great year too, but Manning with a new team and offense and put up the numbers he did, not to mention going 13-3.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 AM   #9
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesnyde View Post
Damn, with all that has been accomplished this year with everything being new, the next 2-4 yrs have the potential to be infinitely awesome! mind boggling
Agreed. This team next year is going to be scary. If we have a solid offseason and another good draft. With Manning gaining another offseason with our receivers and offense. Next year could be fantastic! But, we've got more special memmories to make this year!

Go Broncos!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:23 AM   #10
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Manning should be the MVP! Yes, Peterson has had a great year too, but Manning with a new team and offense and put up the numbers he did, not to mention going 13-3.
Agreed. What Manning has done for this team...is far more impressive in my opinion. We have a legitimage shot at winning it all...Wow!

AP is a beast, but he does not bring to the table what Manning does...which is a chance to win every single week.

However, AP is the media darling and will be given the MVP. No doubt. Why? PM has 4 already.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #11
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
Agreed. What Manning has done for this team...is far more impressive in my opinion. We have a legitimage shot at winning it all...Wow!

AP is a beast, but he does not bring to the table what Manning does...which is a chance to win every single week.

However, AP is the media darling and will be given the MVP. No doubt. Why? PM has 4 already.
I had my doubts Manning could stay healthy, but the o-line has done a great job this year protecting him.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote