The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 PM   #1
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby
Default Robert Woods, USC

Declared yesterday.

Smart kid, good route runner, solid hands, excellent production (although hampered by injuries and Kiffin's suckyness. He got adequate size and decent next level speed.

Wouldn't mind taking him in the 3rd round, or even bottom of the 2nd round if he's there.

Thoughts?

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #2
Bmore Manning

The kid is very talented. Playing injured this year may put him in a good position to be drafted by us. If he's there in the third round for us that's a steal.
His hands and route running are polished. His speed at after the catch explosiveness is dynamic. We sure need to upgrade our WR depth..
Old 01-01-2013, 04:41 PM   #3
g6matty

whats d andre hopkins draft status. what would his range be the guy makes plays
Old 01-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #4
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
whats d andre hopkins draft status. what would his range be the guy makes plays
He declared, second maybe third round.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #5
g6matty

who does he remind you of
Old 01-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #6
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Who Hopkins?.. That's tough, it's hard to take everyones attributes and compare them to an NFL player. How about a poor man's version of Julio Jones. Nowhere near as physical, but how he can transition in the open field, the speed, and the ability to make homeruns from a deep vertical route or something underneath.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #7
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not sure I'd compare Hopkins to Julio. Jones runs a 4.3-4.4 and is very physical. Hopkins is probably 4.5 and not quite in the same physical dimension. I'd probably compare him to a healthy Hakeem Nicks, especially in terms of his strong hand catching.

I do agree with Bmore that he's probably a second round pick. Which, is where I think Woods goes as well. Either could go late in the 1st if someone falls in love, but they'll both have to surprise at the Combine in terms of speed. I don't believe either makes it to our late 2nd round pick, so I don't really expect either in a Bronco uniform.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Not sure I'd compare Hopkins to Julio. Jones runs a 4.3-4.4 and is very physical. Hopkins is probably 4.5 and not quite in the same physical dimension. I'd probably compare him to a healthy Hakeem Nicks, especially in terms of his strong hand catching.

I do agree with Bmore that he's probably a second round pick. Which, is where I think Woods goes as well. Either could go late in the 1st if someone falls in love, but they'll both have to surprise at the Combine in terms of speed. I don't believe either makes it to our late 2nd round pick, so I don't really expect either in a Bronco uniform.
He's 4.4 fast. They are very similar in terms of abilities, and their change of direction in the open field even resembles. I did call him a poor man's version who is nowhere near as physical.

I like Patterson, Wheaton, and Bailey as potential prospects.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

If A.J. Jenkins (lmfao) can go at the end of round one and Brian Quick at the top of round two last year, Woods and Hopkins will find a home around that time too -- at least you would hope so. I think Hopkins can ball out.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #10
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

Yeah, i gotta agree, anyone who thinks Hopkins and Woods last past the mid 2nd round, is living in a fantasy.
Woods will more than likley be a late 1st, very early 2nd round pick, and Hopkins will go no later than mid 2nd.
Woods was a monster for USC last year. This year he played injured for almost the entire year, and was still productive.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

There are a lot of people who think Hopkins could go in the Top 20. If he blows up the combine, he gonna be ballin'.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #12
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
There are a lot of people who think Hopkins could go in the Top 20. If he blows up the combine, he gonna be ballin'.

I think Keenan Allen goes Top 15, but there might not be another WR in the first round at all. The Vikings, somewhere in the 21-32 range are the biggest possibility.

I suppose Hopkins would be in the mix as the 2nd WR, but I don't think he's fast enough to go that high. I think he's a high second round guy. Right now, I do have two WRs going in the 1st Round. Allen to the Dolphins at 14, and Terrance Williams to the Vikings at 24 as they need a deep threat first and foremost.

I think he's a rock solid, average-sized WR that runs a 4.55 and goes between pick 34 and 42 to KC or Buffalo.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: