The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 10:43 PM   #26
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouth View Post
I'm not saying tebow was the reason we did as well as we did last year, but if I'm not mistaken we were 25th in scoring defense last season.

Mouth
ok, and Denver was like 30th in scoring.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 PM   #27
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

It'd be nice to hold Brady or anyone else we face in the playoffs to those numbers.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #28
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by uplink View Post
Fox has really improved the defense these last few years, all those Tebow wins happened last year due to the defense keeping the scoring down.

Elway has really hit on all his big decisions so far: Coach, big free agent signings, top draft picks each year in Miller and Wolfe.
To be fair, I don't think you can call Wolfe a "hit" quite yet. He's had a decent to good season for being a rookie but he's a long way from being a stud. I know it's hard for DL to break out big in rookie years but you have to remember he was our 1st pick. I'll give Wolfe a B so far for the year but he still has some work to do in order to attain the status of being a "hit".
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:12 AM   #29
g6matty

wolfe is sitting at 5 sacks. watt had 5.5 last year. just saying . they also share the white factor
Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 AM   #30
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Wolfe has been solid. For a rookie DL to contribute as much as he has, it's great. His ability to play strong side DE or roll into the DT position provides a lot of versatility for the team. Very impressed with his contributions this season as a rookie.
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:09 AM   #31
Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
ok, and Denver was like 30th in scoring.
Like I said, I'm not saying tebow was the reason we did as well as we did. I'm just not sure that a 25th ranked defense could be considered to "carry" a team.

I think our D is better suited to play with a lead, and the offense is much better at getting a lead this year. I am in agreement with others here as it pertains to not being nervous when our D is on the field.

Mouth
Old 12-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #32
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Like I said, I'm not saying tebow was the reason we did as well as we did. I'm just not sure that a 25th ranked defense could be considered to "carry" a team.

I think our D is better suited to play with a lead, and the offense is much better at getting a lead this year. I am in agreement with others here as it pertains to not being nervous when our D is on the field.

Mouth
During Tebow's 11 games, the Defense gave up 20.9 ppg which would have ranked top 10. It's too much work but another stat I would want to see is during that 11 game steak what was the TOP for the other team's offense

McCoy leaned on the defense more than he leaned on Tebow to make a 3rd down

This D is built for the lead. It was been the mantra since Manning decided to come here. Score TDs, reduce the rushing attempts of the other team and sack the QB

Not sure this defense is a shut them out type like SF and will have to rely on the O to outscore teams like NE and Hou
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:00 AM   #33
Bacchus

Quote:

Mouth
I thought Denver was the 20th ranked defense last year.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:53 AM   #34
Mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
During Tebow's 11 games, the Defense gave up 20.9 ppg which would have ranked top 10. It's too much work but another stat I would want to see is during that 11 game steak what was the TOP for the other team's offense

McCoy leaned on the defense more than he leaned on Tebow to make a 3rd down

This D is built for the lead. It was been the mantra since Manning decided to come here. Score TDs, reduce the rushing attempts of the other team and sack the QB

Not sure this defense is a shut them out type like SF and will have to rely on the O to outscore teams like NE and Hou
I agree with you 100%. Pass rushers are less effective when the other team can run the ball.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #35
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Broncos ranked 20th overall in defense (yardage) and 24th overall in points allowed.

Offensively they ranked 23rd overall in points and 23rd in yardage.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:50 PM   #36
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

When a defense is on the field as long as ours was last year the defense is going to wear down. If the defense would have had an offense that could stay on the field and not go 3 and out so often I think they would have been closer to the ranking of this year.
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote