The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who gets to face Denver?
Baltimore 16 35.56%
Indy 11 24.44%
Cincinnati 18 40.00%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #1
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg
Default Who do we play? And why?

Ok, who do you see coming up to Mile High stadium in a week and a few days?

I think it will be Baltimore. The Ravens should be able to take care of business with Ray Lew coming back for his inspirational last playoff run.

Also, Luck is a rookie and he should make a mistake or two on the road in his first playoff appearance.
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Stagger Lee

I wouldn't be surprised if it's not Cincy seeing how poorly the Texans have been playing of late, but i think it's B'more as well.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

I have to go with the Ratbirds as well.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #4
BroncoInSkinland
Lurker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Current D-line

Cincinatti has enough offensive weapons to score some on Houstons D as Indianapolis did last week. The Bengals are good enough on D to stop a vegeterian running back, and then make Schaub try and beat them with a receiver not named Johnson. I don't think Schaub will be up to the task.

Last edited by BroncoInSkinland; 01-04-2013 at 01:59 PM..
BroncoInSkinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:12 AM   #5
crowebomber
Ring of Famer

Old School Sucka Fool

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Frank Tripucka

Bengals. Dalton is streaky but he will be amped up for the playoffs and have a good game against the Texans.
crowebomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
long beach bronco
Ring of Famer

"I'm your Huckleberry"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The second round of the playoffs will be: Cincinnati at Denver Baltimore at New England.
long beach bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #7
bfoflcommish
Time for Broncos Football

GO..........BRONCOS

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Steve Atwater

Baltimore. Houston will destroy bengals in houston. Ray Rice will control the clock for baltimore, ray lewis inspired D will force a couple luck turnovers.
bfoflcommish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #8
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I think Cincy is the better team playing with the most confidence. The only issue is if Dalton can raise his game in the playoffs. Cincy has all the elements of a playoff team.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #9
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I expect all the home teams to win this weekend, with the possible exception of the Redskins, who face the red-hot Seahawks.

Baltimore should handle the Colts easily, so long as they get Rice going. If they fall behind, though, watch out.

Cincy has been good down the stretch while the Texans are stumbling, but I just don't think the Bengals have quite enough to get it done on the road. Should be a close game, but I have to go with the home team.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #10
BroncoBeavis

I don't think Cincy makes it out of Houston alive. They've got some protection issues that Mr Watt would like to address. Mix that with a young QB and I see a good chance of a general Bengals spandexwetting.

Colts upsetting the Ravens is a tougher call, especially since Baltimore's finally getting their pieces back on the field. I think Pagano's going to have an idea or two that he brought over with him from last year though. This is almost a coin flip, but I think the Luck shows itself again late in the 4th.

I'm pulling for the Bengals though. There's nobody I'd rather play next week.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 01-04-2013 at 08:58 AM..
Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM   #11
ChampBailey24
Ring of Famer

SALUTE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I expect all the home teams to win this weekend, with the possible exception of the Redskins, who face the red-hot Seahawks.

Baltimore should handle the Colts easily, so long as they get Rice going. If they fall behind, though, watch out.

Cincy has been good down the stretch while the Texans are stumbling, but I just don't think the Bengals have quite enough to get it done on the road. Should be a close game, but I have to go with the home team.
The Seahawks are garbage on the road though
ChampBailey24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #12
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I can see why some are picking the Texans to beat Cincy. There was a stat that said something to the effect that in the wild card round, even when the wild card team appears to be superior, the home team wins like 77% of the time. Cincy is second in the league in sacks. I just think with their running game, D-line and Green they have elements that don't match up well for the Texans.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #13
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
t-mobile girl

Texans beat the Bengals, Indy beats the overrated ratbirds and book the trip to Mile High
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:52 AM   #14
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

the bungles will beat the Texans by 2 tds.
they havent shown me they can win with 3 out of the last 5 games been losses. like to see a rematch of earlier this year, but the texans being the 3rd highest need to beat the pats i believe and i seriously doubt they can even beat the pats either .
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanatic View Post
Texans beat the Bengals, Indy beats the overrated ratbirds and book the trip to Mile High
This is my call too. We're going to have a very hyped "Andrew Luck vs. Peyton Manning" showdown in the Mile High City.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

It is tooo good to be true for us NOT to play the Colts.

Colts secondary is the key to the game, they are terrible, but Flacco is not elite either...

Luck can beat the Ravens Defense enough to make it a 21-17 game or so. And Houston has had it rough the last few weeks, but Dalton is not playing well and that will screw the Bengals who otherwise are playing great!

Colts it is and Goodell wets himself with this matchup
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #17
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

DOOOON'T CAAARRE! I'm kidding of course. I'd like the Broncos to face the ratbirds simply because I don't think their defense is all that great any more, even with ray-ray and his gimmicky (this is it, win it all for me because I'm retiring schtick) motivational crap. I think Flacco can get flustered and I think Rice can be contained.

Now, will the ratbirds win this weekend? With Andrew Luck slinging the ball around, I just kind of think the Colts can absolutely win this game, if they don't turn the ball over.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #18
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Dream scenario - Texans beat Cincy and Indy beats ratbirds. PFM destroys luck in round 2.

Reality - I think Cincy wins and ratbirds win. So we play Cincy, who is the team I would least like to face. We should have no problem beating any of these teams at home though. Unless we pull a 96....
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #19
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

The Colts are a team full of rookies going to Baltimore to play their first playoff game together. The Ratbirds are a bunch of crusty old vets who've been there/done that. I would actually prefer the Colts win and come to Denver, but I don't think it will happen. If the Colts manage to play mistake-free, they might pull it off. But with so many rookies, one mistake could lead to another, and another, and before you know it...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvitz81 View Post
Dream scenario - Texans beat Cincy and Indy beats ratbirds. PFM destroys luck in round 2.

Reality - I think Cincy wins and ratbirds win. So we play Cincy, who is the team I would least like to face. We should have no problem beating any of these teams at home though. Unless we pull a 96....
I'd actually consider flipping your picks.

My dream scenario can't have the Texans going to NE in round 2. That would be basically another bye week for the Patsies. If any team out of the 3 that they can face in that round scares the Pats, it's the Ravens. It's definitely not the Texans.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #21
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I think experience plays a big key in Baltimore and they win on some rookie mistakes by Colts. I wouldn't put money on the game (and never do) but I like Texans to win easier then Baltimore. Texans will fix their problems. It is the playoffs and home teams will come to play.

Ravens coming in and we get revenge... (now add Jetmeck's periods)............finally!
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #22
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

The Bungals beat up on Houston, who have been overrated all year. Unless they let Foster lose and ride his back to the next round. Bengals defense is very underrated and fun to watch.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #23
enjolras
Ring of Famer

It's going to be Indy. The gods command it.

Houston will easily handle Cinci. Sure they stumbled a bit, but those things have a weird way of sorting themselves out come playoff time. Houston by 10 and Indy by 4.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #24
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Baltimore-- Ravens and Texans both win
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #25
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

We will play Baltimore!

Why?

Because...the Texans will pull it together at home against the Bengals! And, the Colt's luck will run out against a fired up Ravens team....playing perhaps the last couple games of the Rey Lewis era!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote