The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:02 PM   #176
zms325i
Solid Starter

Its kinda funny that the chiefs week thread became the same as every one of bobs offseason threads. yada yada yada the chiefs are going to do x y or z and become better than everyone else soon. Brandon Albert is better than Clady, Houston is better than Miller, hali is better than Dumervil, Croyle is better than Cutler, Bowe is better than Marshall/Thomas, Moeaki is better than Gonzo was. It literally the same thing every season/week/thread, but it never comes true. I am sure that Smith will be a sure fire HOFer, because Bob loves him. Meanwhile, the Broncs are 12-3 and looking great. Good luck with the pick I guess.
zms325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #177
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Check out what he did against the OU #8 pass defense then.

You sound like you haven't watched him much, if at all.

Geno had a 17-4 TD-INT ratio against top 25 teams this year.
I'd still take Wilson. Wilson had nobody but Cobi Hamilton this year (and Hamilton dropped a ton of balls) but yet he looked just as good as he did last year despite his coach and top 3 WR's leaving Arkansas.

This is why I like Tyler Wilson.

There are two kinds of people in this world: followers and leaders. Tyler Wilson is no question a leader.
Hell they almost beat LSU for crying out loud. Do you know how impressive it is have a team like LSU on the ropes when you have virtually no talent or coaching? Wilson WAS Arkansas coach this year.

Last edited by FearLanier; 12-27-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #178
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Geno Smith just not that good. I am loving the fact Chiefs think he is the number 1 pick. This is going to be so funny to watch.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #179
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Geno Smith just not that good. I am loving the fact Chiefs think he is the number 1 pick. This is going to be so funny to watch.
Really Chief fans think that. We're not even sure who their GM is going to be, but it's really who HE thinks is worth it. Hopefully it's someone stupid.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:44 PM   #180
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
His technique reminds me of Christian Ponder, especially his feet, but I think his overall playing style reminds me of Tony Romo, though I think that he has the toughness and leadership that Tony Romo lacks.
That's the thing is he plays like Romo because his line sucks, which again I think is a good thing. Cutler was in similar circumstances. It develops some bad habbits, but also some necessary ones to pay in the pros. Remember that Ponder was really mobile in college too, so I mean Ponder as he was a prospect. And I didn't mean to compare him to Ponder as a way to slam him. It's too early to say he's a bust or not and I think Ponder could still develop.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #181
FearLanier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Really Chief fans think that. We're not even sure who their GM is going to be, but it's really who HE thinks is worth it. Hopefully it's someone stupid.
Latest news on Chiefs GM search. Glad Polian is not linked.

Kansas City -- The general consensus among the league sources I interviewed was that the high level of fan unrest in Kansas City would probably lead Chiefs owner Clark Hunt to make the personally difficult decision to replace general manager Scott Pioli, and not just head coach Romeo Crennel. Hunt and Pioli remain close, so there's a chance Pioli returns, especially if there's a head coach hire that Pioli can sell to Hunt as the potential difference maker. Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz is a name long linked to Pioli dating from their days together in Cleveland, and he always surfaces as a possible Pioli hire.
If Pioli isn't retained, he won't be out of work for long, because his personnel judgments are still widely respected throughout the league -- at least outside of Kansas City. It was thought the Chiefs might pursue Bill Polian as a GM candidate, but sources say there has not been contact between the two, even though Polian was thought to be willing to listen.
Other potential GM hires by the Chiefs are plentiful, but they include San Francisco's Gamble, Green Bay director of football operations John Dorsey and Indianapolis vice president of football operations Tom Telesco.
Dorsey is known for having a good eye for talent, and his college scouting background gives him a strong draft pedigree. He has worked under both Ted Thompson and Ron Wolf in Green Bay, two of the most respected personnel evaluators in recent NFL history, and sources say he's ready and willing to pursue all GM opportunities after turning down offers to interview last year.
On the coaching side, Arians, who might win the NFL Coach of the Year award for the job he did as the Colts' interim, is a name that has surfaced in Kansas City. His track record for quarterback coaching is respected, and his résumé includes successful stints with the likes of Peyton Manning in Indy, Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh and this year's impressive rookie season by the Colts' Andrew Luck.
On the defensive side of the ball, Cincinnati defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer has again done a superb job with the talent he has on hand, and his work has as much to do with the Bengals returning to the playoffs as any other factor. He has been long considered a quality head coaching candidate, and his son, Adam Zimmer, is currently a defensive assistant on Crennel's staff.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2GIFg6Ne3
Old 12-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #182
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Do you trust Clark Hunt to hire someone competent? It seems like he cares more about Soccer than football...
Old 12-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #183
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
I like him better than Geno. One of my problems with Geno is he has amazing receivers and plays in a spread against crappy defenses. Petrino liked to mix things up which let Wilson take snaps under center. I like that he has faced adversity with the coaching fallout and played elite competion. He reminds me of Christian Ponder.
Ponder? Christian freakin Ponder? That is a terrible comparison because Ponder flat out sucks and had no business being a 1st rounder to be honest.

Wilson, I don't get it, why is he so much better than say Landry Jones?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM   #184
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Ponder? Christian freakin Ponder? That is a terrible comparison because Ponder flat out sucks and had no business being a 1st rounder to be honest.

Wilson, I don't get it, why is he so much better than say Landry Jones?
Ponder as a prospect coming out. Ponder was a very good college QB. However as first rounders go, I agree. But as I have said, this is a poor class.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:00 PM   #185
FearLanier

Quote:
Do you trust Clark Hunt to hire someone competent? It seems like he cares more about Soccer than football...
Yes. He hired the best GM prospect 4 years ago and the fans, as well as NFL analysts, agreed he was a very good hire.

Just because it didn't work out doesn't mean Clark doesn't care. I think cares greatly about the franchise. It is his family's shining achievement and his fathers legacy. It will be interesting to see who Clark hires.

If Clark didn't care, Pioli would be back next season.
Old 12-27-2012, 07:53 PM   #186
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Ponder as a prospect coming out. Ponder was a very good college QB. However as first rounders go, I agree. But as I have said, this is a poor class.
Ponder wasn't very good coming out from FSU, heck a lot of QB's recently have exploded in the draft who are crappy prospects. Ponder and Gabbert are two of them.

I guess its the luxury of not having to pay a crap load now for rookies.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:11 PM   #187
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

I guess I should post the game, eh...

Geno's game against the Sooners is why he's absolutely got to be the Chiefs' pick. The 8th rated pass defense. And he puts his team in a position to win it.

Un-freaking-believable.

Watch the pass at the 2:50 mark. The 3:30 mark. The 6:05 mark. The 7:20 mark. The 7:30 mark. Sick. Ridiculous throws. Guys don't make that **** but once in their college careers and Geno is doing this **** every single game, multiple times every game. The guy can absolutely throw the ball.

And then, the pocket presence at the 5:10 mark. The 6:40 mark. The 8:10 mark.

Total ****ing package.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 PM   #188
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNT CAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRREEE!
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 PM   #189
zms325i
Solid Starter

Derek Carr. Put it down.
zms325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:25 PM   #190
Rolandftw

Both Stedman Bailey and Tavon Austin pick up a lot of yards after the catch

Austin picked up 909 of his 1266 receiving yards after the catch (71.8% of his total receiving yards)

Bailey picked up 553 of his 1501 receiving yards after the catch (36.8% of his total receiving yards)

These two players account for 69.1% of Geno Smith's passing yards.

Geno is not likely to have a similar situation in the NFL where his top two receivers collectively pick up more then 50% of their yardage after the catch
Old 12-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #191
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
I guess I should post the game, eh...

Geno's game against the Sooners is why he's absolutely got to be the Chiefs' pick. The 8th rated pass defense. And he puts his team in a position to win it.

Un-freaking-believable.

Watch the pass at the 2:50 mark. The 3:30 mark. The 6:05 mark. The 7:20 mark. The 7:30 mark. Sick. Ridiculous throws. Guys don't make that **** but once in their college careers and Geno is doing this **** every single game, multiple times every game. The guy can absolutely throw the ball.

And then, the pocket presence at the 5:10 mark. The 6:40 mark. The 8:10 mark.

Total ****ing package.
Sounds like you're trying to sell yourself on the idea in the hope that someone here will agree and validate. Sorry.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 PM   #192
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Bob is trying to psychologically replace LJ.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:52 AM   #193
FearLanier

This is a good thing. Keep pumping Geno up Bob! It will be all the better when we take Wilson or Glennon and you don't have your kiss of death attached to their nuts.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #194
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
This is a good thing. Keep pumping Geno up Bob! It will be all the better when we take Wilson or Glennon and you don't have your kiss of death attached to their nuts.
It must be a truly awful QB year when Glennon is even discussed as a first rounder. I'm an ACC guy, he's an alright player, but is probably no better than the 5th best QB in the ACC and the conference is weak. Being 5th best in the conference means you aren't a first rounder in any real draft. Glennon is like a 3rd round talent and will take some real time to become a pro QB.

This whole draft is riddled with mid round talents. Wilson is the only one with good tools and deserving of a first round grade adn thats just in the middle of the round. No one else deserves half a look in the first round. Barkley and Jones are both mid-to-late 2nds. Geno will be a fine replacement for Steve Breaston in the slot. Glennon is a 3rd round pick. A guy that would be a nice prospect to develop would be Renfree but he got hurt in his bowl game and just had surgery to his pec. EJ Manuel will be working at McDonalds making tasty Bacon, Egg and Cheese McGriddles. Aaron Murray has put up some nice stats but I dont think he has elite tools and is still a junior and hasnt played great against good defenses. Bray doesnt have elite tools, either. This class is hot garbage.

Go Canes!
Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #195
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

KC with the first pick is like N. Korea with a nuclear bomb they will cock it up with disastrous results.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #196
Agamemnon

Geno Smith could end up being great in the NFL, but I really don't expect it.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #197
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

why are some of you trying to convince chief fans those QBs aint worth a high draft pick. i say let em draft whoever they want. they are desperate for a QB .hey chiefs save your draft picks i hear the jets are going to trade let some QBs go at a bargain basement price ,but just in case some other team tries to steal that awesome QB the jets have, you should offer them your first round pick
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:05 PM   #198
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It must be a truly awful QB year when Glennon is even discussed as a first rounder. I'm an ACC guy, he's an alright player, but is probably no better than the 5th best QB in the ACC and the conference is weak. Being 5th best in the conference means you aren't a first rounder in any real draft. Glennon is like a 3rd round talent and will take some real time to become a pro QB.

This whole draft is riddled with mid round talents. Wilson is the only one with good tools and deserving of a first round grade adn thats just in the middle of the round. No one else deserves half a look in the first round. Barkley and Jones are both mid-to-late 2nds. Geno will be a fine replacement for Steve Breaston in the slot. Glennon is a 3rd round pick. A guy that would be a nice prospect to develop would be Renfree but he got hurt in his bowl game and just had surgery to his pec. EJ Manuel will be working at McDonalds making tasty Bacon, Egg and Cheese McGriddles. Aaron Murray has put up some nice stats but I dont think he has elite tools and is still a junior and hasnt played great against good defenses. Bray doesnt have elite tools, either. This class is hot garbage.

Agree. This class of QBs are hot garbage. Chiefs should look into a stop gap QB.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #199
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

so yeah... Geno stinking up the joint right now. I so hope the Queefs takem him!!!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #200
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Bob....Geno is smoking pole so far against a Big East defense. 9 for 16 for 62 yards or whatever. Trash.

Go Canes!