The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #301
Armchair Bronco

The Jets are screwed. Their owner owes Rex Ryan $6 million over the next 2 years, and Sanchez is owed a guaranteed $8 million next year. So the Clown Car will be driving around New Jersey in 2013 and 2014.

Ryan knows this and is doing what he can to make it untenable for Tebow to remain a Jet. Tebow needs to go, then it will be back to business as usual for the Jets...until 2015 when they blow things up (again) and initiate another rebuild. Maybe they'll hire Rex's brother.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #302
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armchair Bronco View Post
The Jets are screwed. Their owner owes Rex Ryan $6 million over the next 2 years, and Sanchez is owed a guaranteed $8 million next year. So the Clown Car will be driving around New Jersey in 2013 and 2014.

Ryan knows this and is doing what he can to make it untenable for Tebow to remain a Jet. Tebow needs to go, then it will be back to business as usual for the Jets...until 2015 when they blow things up (again) and initiate another rebuild. Maybe they'll hire Rex's brother.
Sounds like Rex may want out of NY and force the owners hand. He's now complaining about wanting more offense when it was him that hire the most incompetent OC ever seen in the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-status-quo/
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:30 AM   #303
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow. The amt of changes needed to be made to help tebow are huge.
And then if you make that investment, the best you can hope for is a wild card birth or sniffing around for a division title in a weak division, provided you have an above average D. A below average D will be a perennial top 10 pick. But nothing every seriously close to contending.

Then you question the mileage you get out of said configuration.... I see 4-5 tops before the physical toll starts to win out.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #304
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Sounds like Rex may want out of NY and force the owners hand. He's now complaining about wanting more offense when it was him that hire the most incompetent OC ever seen in the NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-status-quo/
yeah I don't get this story. It would be a real stretch to think Rex Ryan never had a say in offseason moves. By NFL standards, Rex Ryan deserves to be fired.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:59 AM   #305
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I bet just the opposite. Coaches who don't believe in Tebow will stay away from JAX. I would not tie my career to Tebow if I didn't believe in him just hoping to get more time if things don't work out or pulling off some miracle with a FB at QB

Tebow's an albatross around the neck a lot of coaches . Going forward I would question the coaches judgment if they tried this avenue

Be fun to see how this all plays out
Don't know if you noticed, but our popular DC from last year took a HC gig. In Oakland.

HC jobs are HC jobs. People that want them will often take whatever they can get.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:17 AM   #306
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

I love this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
I think it's possible Ryan still thinks he can mindgame Dirty into not sucking anymore. In fact he may feel like he has no other choice after the franchise-crushing contract mistake they made with him in the offseason. But again, if you believe that, then you also believe that Rex sees nothing but downside in letting Tebow play. If he sucks, then Rex is still where he is. But if Tebow looks even halfway serviceable, it only amplifies Rex's epic fail over the last 10 months or so. And further destroys any splinter of pretense that Mark Sanchez (the guy Rex chained himself to) has any future with the team.

Then in the very next post you write this about our very own Brock Osweiler without throwing a single regular season pass.

Quote:
Every team (other than the Bengals) in the league could say that. Dude was a 4th rounder.

Give it a year or two. There'll be several guys like that we "could have had" instead of BO. There's already names like Lavonte and Hayward we left hanging out there. Just let it percolate for a couple more years. It'll get even more comical over the next year or two as the 2012 class develops on the field while Brock works up his ass calluses.
Keep saying you're a "Broncos fan".
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #307
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Don't know if you noticed, but our popular DC from last year took a HC gig. In Oakland.

HC jobs are HC jobs. People that want them will often take whatever they can get.

I betcha a dollar to a donut that if the Jax job opens up a college coach and not a NFL coach with experience will take the job

McCoy did not take the MIA job and I bet he will have opportunities this year
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #308
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Long story short he threw the ball a **** ton. But per throw was less effective than the worst QB in the history of the game (I'm told)

It takes playing time to develop in the NFL.
He threw the ball a ton because the team couldn't run the ball or play defense.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:07 PM   #309
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I betcha a dollar to a donut that if the Jax job opens up a college coach and not a NFL coach with experience will take the job
Might work out better that way. Who knows.

Quote:
McCoy did not take was not offered the MIA job and I bet he will have opportunities this year
FIFY
Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #310
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
He threw the ball a ton because the team couldn't run the ball or play defense.
Uh, the Broncos came into 2011 ranked 26th in rushing and 32nd on defense. Don't get much worse than that.

BTW, the '97 Colts were 17th and 22nd respectively.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #311
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Keep saying you're a "Broncos fan".
Thanks, I will.

You keep trying to make sense. Someday you'll get it.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #312
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Tebow needs to go back to QB school and learn to read defenses much much better.
lifting weights aint going to make you a better QB.
basically he needs to learn how to be a NFL QB
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #313
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Thanks, I will.

You keep trying to make sense. Someday you'll get it.
Ok "bronco fan".
Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM   #314
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

just wanted to bump this thread so we can talk more tebow!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #315
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
Tebow needs to go back to QB school and learn to read defenses much much better.
lifting weights aint going to make you a better QB.
basically he needs to learn how to be a NFL QB
No No No Beavis says he's the bestest evah
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #316
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
tebow just needs more time and someone to believe in him!

i wonder how many tebow bronco jerseys were sold and jet jerseys sold
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #317
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
tebow just needs more time and someone to believe in him!

i wonder how many tebow bronco jerseys were sold and jet jerseys sold
You are wrong sir McCoy Fox and Elway just wanted to sabotage him and make him look bad.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 PM   #318
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Well he's no Sam Bradford.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #319
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Well he's no Sam Bradford.
Yea No shyt ones a NFL QB and the other is a punt protector
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 PM   #320
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I started this thread and have absolutely no idea what's going on.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 PM   #321
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Burnnnnnnn.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #322
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Sure thing. When Sam was taken #1 he was the best #1 overall since Jamarcus Russell.

BTW how did that famous OU BCS choke streak exhibit taste at the hands of a punt protector?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #323
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

i was reading on the denver post when i saw this comment this guy has got it exactly right why didnt anyone here think like this

1 points
(3 votes)
Re: Article Discussion: Broncos Mailbag: Not too soon to scout B

by pianoman_70 on December 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm #2804652
I keep hearing this: "Tim Tebow is better than Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne/Mark Sanchez/Jake Locker" et al by those who attempt to support him.

How on earth can one make such an assessment when the aforementioned QB's are asked to run PRO-STYLE offenses while Tebow runs the spread-option How in the world can you make an apples-to-apples comparison between the QB's when this is the case? If Tebow were asked to run the exact same offense Kyle Orton was asked to run last year, would Tebow not have become the turnover-machine Sanchez has become? Heck, if Tebow had begun the season running that high school offense we ran last year, would we have made the playoffs? Would Tebow have even survived the season?

What i'd like to see is Tebow (after being cut by the Jets) walk onto an NFL training camp and compete for a starting QB job while doing the EXACT SAME THINGS the other QB's on the roster are asked to do. Let him run the EXACT SAME OFFENSE the other QB's are asked to run. And if he EARNS the starting nod, so be it. If he truly is better than the Gabberts/Henne's/Sanchez's of the league, then surely he (in what would be his "4th rookie year") would be able to do what the aforementioned do. . .& add his special blend of "intangibles" to put him over the top. Let him PROVE he can read defenses, determine who will be open, & deliver the ball on time & on target just like every other QB in the league is asked to do. He can mix in some spread option, but how about letting him prove that standard QB play has become his bread & butter? Until then, he will remain several notches beneath the aforementioned QB's, & won't get to play much; if at all.

SO TRUE !!!!!
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:22 PM   #324
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
i was reading on the denver post when i saw this comment this guy has got it exactly right why didnt anyone here think like this

1 points
(3 votes)
Re: Article Discussion: Broncos Mailbag: Not too soon to scout B

by pianoman_70 on December 26th, 2012, 4:23 pm #2804652
I keep hearing this: "Tim Tebow is better than Blaine Gabbert/Chad Henne/Mark Sanchez/Jake Locker" et al by those who attempt to support him.

How on earth can one make such an assessment when the aforementioned QB's are asked to run PRO-STYLE offenses while Tebow runs the spread-option How in the world can you make an apples-to-apples comparison between the QB's when this is the case? If Tebow were asked to run the exact same offense Kyle Orton was asked to run last year, would Tebow not have become the turnover-machine Sanchez has become? Heck, if Tebow had begun the season running that high school offense we ran last year, would we have made the playoffs? Would Tebow have even survived the season?

What i'd like to see is Tebow (after being cut by the Jets) walk onto an NFL training camp and compete for a starting QB job while doing the EXACT SAME THINGS the other QB's on the roster are asked to do. Let him run the EXACT SAME OFFENSE the other QB's are asked to run. And if he EARNS the starting nod, so be it. If he truly is better than the Gabberts/Henne's/Sanchez's of the league, then surely he (in what would be his "4th rookie year") would be able to do what the aforementioned do. . .& add his special blend of "intangibles" to put him over the top. Let him PROVE he can read defenses, determine who will be open, & deliver the ball on time & on target just like every other QB in the league is asked to do. He can mix in some spread option, but how about letting him prove that standard QB play has become his bread & butter? Until then, he will remain several notches beneath the aforementioned QB's, & won't get to play much; if at all.

SO TRUE !!!!!
This is a lame duck argument. Every offense in the league is different because it's designed to take advantage of the strengths of the players. Did Shanny change the offense for RGIII compared to his QBs last year, of course.

The question is not whether Tebow can run can run the exact same offense as Tom Brady. The question is; can an offense designed around Tebow prove effective in this league.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #325
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
This is a lame duck argument. Every offense in the league is different because it's designed to take advantage of the strengths of the players. Did Shanny change the offense for RGIII compared to his QBs last year, of course.

The question is not whether Tebow can run can run the exact same offense as Tom Brady. The question is; can an offense designed around Tebow prove effective in this league.
This is one of those times I agree with you Ded. Not all players are the same running the same offenses. Shanny brought in Baylor influence so RG3 could be more comfortable. But he's also progressed at this level. I just don't see anything in Tebows game that shows me he's a long term starting QB. This new breed of Wilson's and kaepernicks and RG3 have shown they can accurately make the throws instead of trying to run first. I don't see that with tebow. I see him jumping around the pocket looking for holes to run through instead of looking downfield at the routes

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-29-2012 at 12:45 PM..