The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #276
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
Once you retards stop acting stupid, they will die.
Really,if you morons could ever get over the fact that teblow is a flat out bust,these threads wouldn't exist.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #277
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Eight months ago, there were two teams in the entire league that were willing to give up anything to acquire Tebow... now, he's "demanding" to be released by the one he chose. If he goes to J-ville, that will be his last stop in the NFL 'cause he'll either gain the skill set he needs to play QB... or no other team in the league will have any interest whatsoever in him (as a quarterback).
He's not even going to be guaranteed a starting position in Jacksonville.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #278
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
He's not even going to be guaranteed a starting position in Jacksonville.
I don't know about that. If Sharif is so gung-ho on bringing Tebow in to sell tickets, he has to know that that strategy only works if Tebow actually plays. People aren't going to buy tickets just to watch Tebow take a couple of obligatory snaps in the wildcat. Supposedly, Gene Smith and Mularkey are on the way out. If Sharif plans to bring in Tebow, I expect his next hire to be people willing to work with Tebow. That makes Josh McDaniels the only obvious choice. Of course, that assumes McDaniels feels as strongly about Tebow now as he did when he drafted him, which we don't know. Another possiblity would Chip Kelly, though again we don't know how he feels about Tebow. On the surface, it would seem to be a good stylistic match...Kelly operates a rush heavy attack out of spread formations which would seem perfect for Tebow. It will be interesting to see what happens there. If Sharif brings in new people and then forces Tebow on them, he's an idiot and not only won't it work on the field, but it won't accomplish anything in terms of ticket sales if Timmy is riding the pine.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:11 AM   #279
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I don't know about that. If Sharif is so gung-ho on bringing Tebow in to sell tickets, he has to know that that strategy only works if Tebow actually plays. People aren't going to buy tickets just to watch Tebow take a couple of obligatory snaps in the wildcat. Supposedly, Gene Smith and Mularkey are on the way out. If Sharif plans to bring in Tebow, I expect his next hire to be people willing to work with Tebow. That makes Josh McDaniels the only obvious choice. Of course, that assumes McDaniels feels as strongly about Tebow now as he did when he drafted him, which we don't know. Another possiblity would Chip Kelly, though again we don't know how he feels about Tebow. On the surface, it would seem to be a good stylistic match...Kelly operates a rush heavy attack out of spread formations which would seem perfect for Tebow. It will be interesting to see what happens there. If Sharif brings in new people and then forces Tebow on them, he's an idiot and not only won't it work on the field, but it won't accomplish anything in terms of ticket sales if Timmy is riding the pine.
If this is true (play Tebow) they might go after our own Mike McCoy for HC
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #280
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If this is true (play Tebow) they might go after our own Mike McCoy for HC
McCoy clearly didn't trust Tebow to throw the ball, not only evidenced by the lack of attempts but also by the frequency of rushing attempts on makable 3rd downs. I don't think he's one of the Tebow believers, but I could be wrong.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:26 AM   #281
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
Oh, and... you're not seriously trying to contend that McElroy's elevation to starter last week was based on anything other than Ryan trying to send Sanchez a message (to quit sucking), are you?
I think it's possible Ryan still thinks he can mindgame Dirty into not sucking anymore. In fact he may feel like he has no other choice after the franchise-crushing contract mistake they made with him in the offseason. But again, if you believe that, then you also believe that Rex sees nothing but downside in letting Tebow play. If he sucks, then Rex is still where he is. But if Tebow looks even halfway serviceable, it only amplifies Rex's epic fail over the last 10 months or so. And further destroys any splinter of pretense that Mark Sanchez (the guy Rex chained himself to) has any future with the team.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:37 AM   #282
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Mortenson who reported on tebow stated that those same sources also stated that tebow would still have to compete for the starting QB position.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 AM   #283
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Mortenson who reported on tebow stated that those same sources also stated that tebow would still have to compete for the starting QB position.
I heard the same, but I'm not sure I buy it. Sharif is a businessman and he knows bringing Tebow in to improve business only works if he plays. Plus, how could it be known whether or not he'll have to compete when it's not even known who the GM and coach will be next year? Smith and Mularkey are on the hot seat and could well be canned.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 12-28-2012 at 07:57 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 07:46 AM   #284
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I heard the same, but I'm not sure I buy it. Sharif is a businessman and he knows bringing Tebow in to improve business only works if he plays. Plus, how could it be known whether or not he'll have to compete when it's not even known who the GM and coach will be next year? Smith and Mularkey are on the hot and could well be canned.
By that logic,it's no sure thing that tebow goes to Jacksonville.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:51 AM   #285
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow. The amt of changes needed to be made to help tebow are huge.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:56 AM   #286
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow.
Exactly, which is why I mentioned McDaniels as an obvious possibility. He's the only guy at the NFL level who publicly put his faith in Tebow. The question is whether or not he still feels the same way today as he did when he traded up to draft him in 2010. Are there others out there who feel the same way? Obviously not many given the lack of interest shown when he was available. So, Sharif might have to go to the college level to find someone willing to take that chance (why I mentioned Kelly). You figure there's someone out there who'd be willing to take that risk for the chance to be an NFL head coach.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #287
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissys

Quote:
McCoy clearly didn't trust Tebow to throw the ball, not only evidenced by the lack of attempts but also by the frequency of rushing attempts on makable 3rd downs. I don't think he's one of the Tebow believers, but I could be wrong.
I'm hoping McCoy will stay right where he is and help the Broncos win a couple of SBs. We got a real chance to pull that off. Hopefully JDR will stay too. How often do you get a chance to be part a run like we have a real shot at.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 AM   #288
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Only if we could turn back time and draft Geno Atkins instead of Tebow. . .
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #289
GoHAM
Ring of Famer

36, now that's shabby!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mitch Unrein

Quote:
They'll have to find a coach willing to hitch his career to tebow.
A coach may not have to hitch his entire career to Tebow, in fact the situation could actually be beneficial for a new/young head coach. If Shad Khan forces Tebow on the new coach, everyone in the NFL will know who made the decision to start Tebow.

Then it's kind of a win/win situation for the coach, if he flops terribly with Tebow starting everyone will blame Tebow. The coach's image isn't terribly tarnished, as no one in the NFL thinks you can win consistently with Tebow. The coach gains valuable experience as a head coach and possibly can even talk Khan into ditching Tebow and giving the coach a couple of years with a hand picked QB.

If however the coach can put together a couple of 8-8 9-7 seasons and a playoff appearance or two with Teebs at QB, he is immediately regarded as one of the best coaches in the league for winning with a FB as his QB.
GoHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #290
Butterscotch Stallion

I hope khan is crazy enough to force tebow on a coach...that is the only way tebow will win out in training camp.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #291
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Only if we could turn back time and draft Geno Atkins instead of Tebow. . .
Every team (other than the Bengals) in the league could say that. Dude was a 4th rounder.

Give it a year or two. There'll be several guys like that we "could have had" instead of BO. There's already names like Lavonte and Hayward we left hanging out there. Just let it percolate for a couple more years. It'll get even more comical over the next year or two as the 2012 class develops on the field while Brock works up his ass calluses.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #292
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Every team (other than the Bengals) in the league could say that. Dude was a 4th rounder.

Give it a year or two. There'll be several guys like that we "could have had" instead of BO. There's already names like Lavonte and Hayward we left hanging out there. Just let it percolate for a couple more years. It'll get even more comical over the next year or two as the 2012 class develops on the field while Brock works up his ass calluses.
Gotta love your hypocrisy. We don't know enough about Tebow after 16 starts, but Brock is already a bust without attempting a regular season pass.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 12-28-2012 at 09:10 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #293
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterscotch Stallion View Post
I hope khan is crazy enough to force tebow on a coach...that is the only way tebow will win out in training camp.
I think someone posted a Forbes article about the guy. He talked about building the franchise's international fan base as his alternative to moving to a large market. With that kind of mindset, it would be harder to find a better marketing kickstart than Timmah.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 AM   #294
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:

Of course, but to be honest -- Atkins was one of the only decent selections after the third round in that draft. Looking back, that draft was pretty mediocre in terms of production, even from the early round players. How many teams do you think had Tebow as a first-round talent at QB? Not very many. However, Gil Brandt and several other oulets reported that Osweiler was getting strong consideration at the back end of the first round and was a sure-fire lock in the second for a team needing a QB.

I was dead on regarding David and Hayward (took Casey in the OM Mock Draft) and was a vocal critic of drafting Brock when there were players on board who were going to contribute immediately. I understand Osweiler's selection as a safety valve if Manning didn't come back the way he did, but it is still pretty ridiculous. The sad thing is, every analyst and guru was right on Osweiler getting mocked to us at our selection. It wasn't even a surprise.

He couldn't ask for a better situation learning from PFM. He has to work on his delivery mechanics and gain experience from under center instead of strictly operating in the spread. Osweiler has good accuracy, a very strong arm and a good deep ball. We can only hope Brocko can emerge like Aaron Rodgers did after sitting behind a legend for several years. He went in the area of value as he was expected, but I still wish it wasn't to us. Only time will tell.

Time (and play) has already showed that Tebow was worth a late-round flyer at best.

Last edited by Requiem; 12-28-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #295
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Gotta love your hypocrisy. We don't know enough about Tebow after 16 starts, but Brock is already a bust without attempting a regular season pass.
Didn't say he was a bust. Just that he doesn't produce anything useful to the team at this point. And over the long run it's 99% likely that there will be other better NFL players that were available at the moment we pulled the trigger on Brock Osweiler.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #296
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Didn't say he was a bust. Just that he doesn't produce anything useful to the team at this point. And over the long run it's 99% likely that there will be other better NFL players that were available at the moment we pulled the trigger on Brock Osweiler.
Why are you willing to play the "probabilty" game here but not with Tebow? Because the odds are stacked against him as well.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #297
Drunken.Broncoholic

Mike mularkeys offense is catered for QBs like Matt Ryan, not Tebow. There is no way I see Mularkey wanting tebow anywhere near his offense. Kahn however knows nothing about football and everything about business. It could be the jets situation all over again. Tebow is nothing more than a pawn for these 2 owners. While the head coaches are scratching their heads asking why the hell they should put him as a starter

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-28-2012 at 09:37 AM..
Old 12-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #298
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Why are you willing to play the "probabilty" game here but not with Tebow? Because the odds are stacked against him as well.
If you'll read back, you'll see I'm making fun of the draft success probability game someone else started. Not really playing it myself.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #299
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHAM View Post
A coach may not have to hitch his entire career to Tebow, in fact the situation could actually be beneficial for a new/young head coach. If Shad Khan forces Tebow on the new coach, everyone in the NFL will know who made the decision to start Tebow.

Then it's kind of a win/win situation for the coach, if he flops terribly with Tebow starting everyone will blame Tebow. The coach's image isn't terribly tarnished, as no one in the NFL thinks you can win consistently with Tebow. The coach gains valuable experience as a head coach and possibly can even talk Khan into ditching Tebow and giving the coach a couple of years with a hand picked QB.

If however the coach can put together a couple of 8-8 9-7 seasons and a playoff appearance or two with Teebs at QB, he is immediately regarded as one of the best coaches in the league for winning with a FB as his QB.
I agree with this. I think that the only shot that Tebow has to be a starter again in the NFL is for it to be an owner mandated situation.

Taking Jacksonville as an example, there isn't much downside for the Jags to hand Tebow the starting job; he'd be a marketing machine for them, and they are a poor team with terrible QBs. They just spent a first round pick on a QB who looks like a total flop, and can likely get Tebow for nothing. This ais a pretty terrible draft class as far as QBs go, and they can invest high picks in other positions and give Tebow a one year flier trial.

At the very least it would be more entertaining than watching Gabbert suck, or watching a rookie struggle on a bad team, and I would bet they'd be more competitive also.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 AM   #300
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHAM View Post

I bet just the opposite. Coaches who don't believe in Tebow will stay away from JAX. I would not tie my career to Tebow if I didn't believe in him just hoping to get more time if things don't work out or pulling off some miracle with a FB at QB

Tebow's an albatross around the neck a lot of coaches . Going forward I would question the coaches judgment if they tried this avenue

Be fun to see how this all plays out
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote