The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler
Default Tebow to Jacksonville?

Adam Schefter
And @mortreport reports it's "a virtual certainty" that Tim Tebow will play in 2013 for the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Perfect!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Awesome that is the best place for him. To make Tebow win, and IMO you could win games with him, you will need to design the offense all around a read option. His passing options should be easy, a deep WR to look at, and a short wr to look at. Lots of roll outs cutting the field in half, pistol formations etc. They will need some WR who really want to block and get dirty. That wont be easy to find. But with a kick ass oline, a mean defense, and a some good rbs I think Tebow is a winner. Not saying he would win Superbowls, but that is tough to do in the NFL. I do think he would play in the playoffs a lot though.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:13 PM   #4
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Where else is he going to go? I stated this another thread but the jags main interest in him is probably monetary. Jags are having issues filling the stadium.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #5
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

I want Tebow to succeed, I have nothing but good wishes for him. Will it happen? Eh....
Old 12-22-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Awesome that is the best place for him. To make Tebow win, and IMO you could win games with him, you will need to design the offense all around a read option. His passing options should be easy, a deep WR to look at, and a short wr to look at. Lots of roll outs cutting the field in half, pistol formations etc. They will need some WR who really want to block and get dirty. That wont be easy to find. But with a kick ass oline, a mean defense, and a some good rbs I think Tebow is a winner. Not saying he would win Superbowls, but that is tough to do in the NFL. I do think he would play in the playoffs a lot though.
Outside of the draft I don't see any top WRs going to jags if tebow is the QB.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:17 PM   #7
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Where else is he going to go? I stated this another thread but the jags main interest in him is probably monetary. Jags are having issues filling the stadium.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

The problem for Tim is that he has to win the job during training camp and practice, when he looks horrible. No one seems interested in giving him credit for his playing time, so at most, he'll end up a backup again next year.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
me either you would have to go for ones out of the draft as much as possible. Really though you may only need to carry 3-4 WR but then extra rbs and TE's even maybe. Really the offense could work but needs a WR like Harvin to realy pull it off.

Look at the skins though. The throw deep out of that piston read option formation and rg3 only has 2 passing options on those plays. Usually a short/medium or a short/slong type situation.

I was laughing at how Jets used Tebow the other night. They wanted him to look bad. The Jets are the biggest bunch of turd coaches ever assembled. Ryan is a joke now. His defensive front are pretty awesome but his overall personality for running a team is a joke.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
given the Jags more recent history of drafting WR's it won't matter.
they whiffed on more top WR picks than i can remember.
they need a lot of weapons for him to succeed and i don't know that it will happen with MJD there and being their best weapon.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:27 PM   #11
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

they get more fans per game than do the lions, steelers, bears, bengals, cardinals, vikings, chargers, dolphins, rams, bucs, and raiders.
They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:29 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I always though of just playing Tebow without a true WR - just a bunch of TEs.... and get a speed guy to return kicks and stretch the field....

Run out of a base jumbo shotgun set - 2TEs, 2RBs, 1WR and Tim with the line.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 05:30 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Problem is, Tim wont ever to be able to come back from 21+ point deficits without an elite WR, and no elite WR is going to sign on with Tim are the starting QB. That's why a Tebow-led team will never be a Super Bowl contender.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If I were tebow I wouldn't go to the jaguars. I would take a yr away from football,hire the best QB coach available & completely dedicate myself to practicing the fundamentals of throwing.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
They had to file an extension to avoid having a black out for the 1st game of the season. The jags have been using loopholes in the blackout rule to avoid blackouts.
Exactly. To say the jags have been a top interest down there?

Remember this is a team who Tebow turned down to play with. That place is a mess
Old 12-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #16
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

His only chance of getting starter reps is going to the CFL.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #17
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
If I were tebow I wouldn't go to the jaguars. I would take a yr away from football,hire the best QB coach available & completely dedicate myself to practicing the fundamentals of throwing.
Tebow is following God's plan for him.

More will be reviled later.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
The new jags owner is a tebow fanatic. And a businessman. He knows jags fans are also swampy smelly gator freaks.

ESPN has talked about the jags this season in my estimation a total of 3 minutes. Dolla signs and exposure yo
Old 12-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #19
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

at Tebow taking a yr off to practice. That is the worst career advice ever.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #20
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Tebow is following God's plan for him.

More will be reviled later.
That's reviling...
Old 12-22-2012, 06:40 PM   #21
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
CFL is even more pass intensive, there's no way he'd cut it up there.
Old 12-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
That's reviling...
I'm so reviled to hear that.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #23
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightysmurf View Post
Problem is, Tim wont ever to be able to come back from 21+ point deficits without an elite WR, and no elite WR is going to sign on with Tim are the starting QB. That's why a Tebow-led team will never be a Super Bowl contender.
That's about the size of it Mightysmurf. What happened last year was largely a near miraculous combination of serendipitous happenings that are very unlikely to repeat again for Tim as a QB in the NFL.

He has the heart, desire and physical strength ... however, Tim is lousy as a pro QB and he would need a top flight defense from the beginning that can keep the scores close and low while he struggles through the first 55 minutes of every game before he can get it together enough to pull a few of those games out of the fire.

He was lucky to have Von and Doom last year! Did you see how the team .. and Tebow .. struggled once Von injured his thumb and his pass rush was significantly impaired? It wasn't even mostly from the drop off in actual sacks by Von the last 5 games or so of the season, it was all the opportunity for Doom and others that Von's pressure opens up and the hurried confusion in opposing QBs seeing Miller blast through or around a 300lb lineman that we missed after he was injured and slowed down.

The D suffered and we lost 4 straight and only beat the Steelers in the wild card game due to a rare confluence of the Steeler's being decimated with key injuries and Big Ben totally gimpy and still it took a great play by DT after a decent throw by Tim on a great call by McCoy in overtime to squeak by... in addition to inspired play at home by the Oline and the entire defense as well. But Tim and our Offense was exposed by the last month of the season to any really competent and healthy competitive NFL teams.

The party was over and the same will be true unless, and until, Tim can also develop some 'real' NFL QB skill as well beyond his college QB spread offense talents. That is the truth.

Its true Rex was a fool (no surprise there!) and didn't even begin to know how to at least get the best from Tim, but Rex too must have seen the fundamental limitations with Tim's game that for all his great heart and character, I'm afraid will prevent him from ever experiencing anything close to the success he had with us again in his football career .. at least in the NFL.

I do wish him the best and think he CAN be a hell of an NFL football player at the right position, and maybe even a Wildcat kind of change of pace or deep red zone QB for some team, but as a full-on starting NFL QB for the long haul Don't hold your breath...

Last edited by Hulamau; 12-22-2012 at 08:06 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:04 PM   #24
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
he could practice everyday for 3 years and it still wouldn't help.
he's done it most of his life and always reverts back to it when he gets pressured. even in the last game with the Jets he did that little fluky motion when he was dropping back.

his mechanics are ingrained in him and no one would force him to improve at Florida because he was a beast so there was no need for him to change.

he needs to be completely broken down and rebuilt from a mechanics and footwork standpoint, not just the motion. i don't think he will do that though.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #25
Bacchus

Quote:
I disagree, the Jackwad coaches did not want him last year and won't want him next year. If he goes there they will make sure he fails. Tebow should just give up the NFL and go preach, that is where his true fame awaits him. Every day he spends int he NFL is just tarnishing his image.