The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #251
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbackfactory80 View Post
True but everytime I see a thread with the Tebow name I see a last post by Errand or DB4life. I figured they were getting paid by the post.
Yep here I am talking about Cutler.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #252
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
We went 1-3?
let me see beat the raiders oh pitt too i so forgot about pitt so 2-3 wasnt it til we stopped acting like a so so 500 team and started to play like we had a hof QB
btw wasnt one of the reasons why according to tebownites elway shipped tebow off was because he didnt want Tebow to upstage him break any of his records ?
and didnt manning broke a few of Elways records ?
which means Tebow fans thought Elway was just like the 72 dolphins.
well Tebow fanatics care to come out and apologize for thinking Elway is some sort of selfish prick ?
and if you dont like the broncos go cheer for ?? who will you cheer for Tebow who btw is a nice guy and a great athlete but not a great QB so far , and i hope he does get better and compete as a starter for some nfl team.
but isnt this the time to back the broncos now , and stop obsessing over Tebow.
its pretty entertaining seeing people fight over Tebow , but why are you people fighting over him so badly cmon Denver is 11-3 should be 13-3 soon . this team has a very good chance of being in the superbowl .
i love tebow as a person he is a really cool guy . i dont hate the guy . HE IS NOT A BRONCO ANYMORE !!!
i admit i wasnt sold on manning at first , but he is now the starting QB for the broncos so i hope he could win games for us.
unlike my nephew who became a packer fan
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:08 PM   #253
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

and sorry drunkin i forgot about pittsburgh also sorry for ranting about Tebow and stuff
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #254
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAN_BRONCO_FAN View Post
and sorry drunkin i forgot about pittsburgh also sorry for ranting about Tebow and stuff
It's all good everyone loves a DanBroncoFan rant now and then.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:16 PM   #255
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Moreno had an attitude problem?? Where is this documented? Proof? All I heard was him tearing up the practices for the squad team. Moreno disappeared after that ball hit the turf. See how that works? Impress in practice you can leap frog the depth chart. Tebow can't show anything in practice. Even his own teammates say it.
Yes, being put on the inactive list caused his to rethink his future in the NFL.

I guess you missed him taking himself out of the game every few plays or dancing around like a fool after a 5 yard run. Moreno figured it out - thank Fox and coaches.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #256
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yes, being put on the inactive list caused his to rethink his future in the NFL.

I guess you missed him taking himself out of the game every few plays or dancing around like a fool after a 5 yard run. Moreno figured it out - thank Fox and coaches.
Just like Cutler was dancing it up after his injury right?
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #257
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

I still see him celebrating. Hell just look at his TD high jump split leg hybrid Jordan pose he made Sunday. Moreno may of had to re think his way of playing, but I've never heard any story of his attitude being questioned. Hell I don't remember him saying anything negative about the team when he got benched.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #258
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Just like Cutler was dancing it up after his injury right?
Yup
Old 12-21-2012, 05:27 PM   #259
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I still see him celebrating. Hell just look at his TD high jump split leg hybrid Jordan pose he made Sunday. Moreno may of had to re think his way of playing, but I've never heard any story of his attitude being questioned. Hell I don't remember him saying anything negative about the team when he got benched.
So I guess you really didn't see him taking himself out every third play or so.

Why do you think everyone from Fox to manning is praising him for the way he handled his time out. It is because he was a primadona and now he isn't.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:30 PM   #260
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Tebow has been the #2 QB most of the season until he got jobbed by a weak coach hoping to save his job. You lose. Go sit in the corner.
So the contention now is that not just one, but 2 head coaches "just had it in for Tebow" and conspired to keep him on the bench? Um... I think "Occam's Razor" would tend to suggest that there's no conspiracy; Tebow simply isn't able to do what's required of an NFL starting QB: consistently put the ball where it has to be to complete a pass. I daresay he might not have "got jobbed" by both teams if he could do that.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #261
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Yup
Jay Cutler, Gronk pretty much the same person.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 PM   #262
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Drek fails to realize Tebows problem is in the pros WR not wide open like he got in college. Maybe though the jags put in some read option offense, copy stuff skins do where Griffen has only 2 reads to make, short wr, or long wr etc etc. Run the ball a ton and let Tebow also take off 10 times a game. Drek is right that a lot of you forget how absolutley awesome Tebow was last yr. Lets not forget how much fun that was and **** on the yr as Tebow had nothing to do with the big play vs Steelers. That was a great play and exactly the type a Tebow team needs to win. They won't get drives all game long. They will get Tebowmania with 4 3 and outs then an amazing big play.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #263
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
So the contention now is that not just one, but 2 head coaches "just had it in for Tebow" and conspired to keep him on the bench? Um... I think "Occam's Razor" would tend to suggest that there's no conspiracy; Tebow simply isn't able to do what's required of an NFL starting QB: consistently put the ball where it has to be to complete a pass. I daresay he might not have "got jobbed" by both teams if he could do that.
First off I don't think Tebow is ready to play qb. but foot boy will not start him because IF he were to win a game or two with his magic footboy would look the fool for not starting Tebow sooner when it might have mattered. No footboy is taking the safe way out by not starting Tebow, this way he can not make footboy look the fool.

So footboy is not playing Tebow not because he thinks he can't play but because he is afraid he might win a game or two.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #264
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Tebow has been the #2 QB most of the season until he got jobbed by a weak coach hoping to save his job. You lose. Go sit in the corner.
It wasn't so long ago Brady Quinn got jumped by a number three QB...
Old 12-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #265
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Jay Cutler, Gronk pretty much the same person.
Don't know where my link took you but clearly not the same place it took me.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #266
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
First off I don't think Tebow is ready to play qb. but foot boy will not start him because IF he were to win a game or two with his magic footboy would look the fool for not starting Tebow sooner when it might have mattered. No footboy is taking the safe way out by not starting Tebow, this way he can not make footboy look the fool.

So footboy is not playing Tebow not because he thinks he can't play but because he is afraid he might win a game or two.
So an HC would rather LOSE games then let tebow play. This is pure mental. Rex is not going to start him because he thinks like the rest of the league and experts, he thinks he sucks plain and simple. Its not hard to understand that. Sooner or later you will.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-21-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 06:05 PM   #267
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
The entire league also passed on Doug Flutie, which is why he had to go to the CFL.

Umm, the entire league didn't pass on Flutie...he was drafted by the Rams 285th overall in 11th round...he chose to sign with USFL's NJ Generals...he then signed with the Bears in '86, then signed with Patriots in '88...he didn't play in CFL until 1990.

The entire league except Bill Walsh passed on Steve Young at one point, after far less success than Tebow had in his brief opportunity to start.

Umm, the entire league didn't pass on Steve Young...he passed on the NFL, as he also signed with the upstart USFL...or have you forgotten his then record 10 year $40 million contract? Tampa Bay selected him in the NFL's USFL supplemental draft

The entire league passed on Rich Gannon as a QB, with New England originally trying to make him a safety.

The entire league didn't pass on Gannon either...he was drafted in 4th round by the Patriots who did want him to play safety, he like Tebow said "Ah, no..." so they then traded him to the Vikings where he backed up Wade Wilson until he became their starting QB after week 5 in 1991.

The entire league passed on Kurt Warner, hence why he played arena league ball for a while.

This is probably your best argument, but not accurate as the entire league didn't pass on Warner...he was signed as an undrafted FA by the Packers and according to Steve Mariucci he had potential, but just wasn't ready...not to mention he had the burden of fighting a depth chart that included Brett Favre, Mark Brunell, and Heisman trophy winner Ty Detmer....more of a numbers game.

The entire league passes on elite players all the time, only to be proven wrong further down the road time and time again. It is in no way a valid measuring stick.

your argument would make more sense if anyone besides you and the MacGrubers of the world thought Tebow was an "elite" player.
in bold

Last edited by errand; 12-21-2012 at 06:09 PM..
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #268
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflame View Post
That whole "demanding a trade/release" thing only ends well for players that other teams want/are willing to trade something of value for...
If teams do not pony up for the Tebow, then it will be fair to release him to the wild(which I think the Jets will oblige).
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:13 PM   #269
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

some coach like Belichick will pick him up and find a way to use him with great success and the rest of the league will say, 'Damn why didn't we think of that'.

Last edited by baja; 12-21-2012 at 06:16 PM..
Old 12-21-2012, 06:14 PM   #270
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Drew Brees ... 61.2%
Aaron Rodgers 63.8%
Tom Brady 62.3%
Eli Manning 60.8%

etc etc

Oh, and Timmy was 66.4%, inaccurate bastard that he was.
What are you trying to prove here?
Old 12-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #271
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
some coach like Belichick
As of today, he's looking to compete. There's no competition in New England. If the Tebow wants to sit and learn, be a situational player like he was in New York, then that will be an option. It will be interesting to see where he lands in the offseason.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:19 PM   #272
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I used to think Drek knew what he was talking about...
It's laughable the number of posters on here that for some odd reason others on here think they know what the **** they're talking about....

Truth be told, if they actually knew anything about NFL football, specifically coaching and talent evaluation, they'd be living the dream as a scout or coach......I personally think they don't know damn thing and just regurgitate **** they heard on some YouTube video or read elsewhere.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:21 PM   #273
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
It's laughable the number of posters on here that for some odd reason others on here think they know what the **** they're talking about....

Truth be told, if they actually knew anything about NFL football, specifically coaching and talent evaluation, they'd be living the dream as a scout or coach......I personally think they don't know damn thing and just regurgitate **** they heard on some YouTube video or read elsewhere.
Doesn't stop you from posting In Bold
Old 12-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #274
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
316 yards... 80 of which came on one play.

/shrug
DT had 140 yards after the catch....which really inflates a QB's passing yards.
Old 12-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #275
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
McElroy at least scored in the preseason and regular season.

Tebow is not a starting QB. I remember Gino torretta fans telling me to wait and see too. Good luck following his soon to be extinct career.
McElroy in fact is the only Jets QB to lead his team to a preseason and regular season TD in 2012....

Gino Toretta! Hell, I forgot he even existed...