The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #1
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Report: Tebow to demand trade

What a mess that (predictably) turned into. I just can't see many teams that will give him what he wants: that is, a fair shot at starting. Jacksonville, maybe? You have to wonder what the Jets plan was in trading for him - other than simply trying to beat the Giants onto the back page last offseason. They obviously haven't considered letting him go at QB. They have not been effective, at all, at running him in the wildcat, despite having Sparano calling the plays. And Sanchez has shown himself to have a brain like Kyle Orton - completely unprepared to deal with the unique situation of having Tebow looking over his shoulder.

That said, it's been the gift that keeps on giving this year. I've loved watching the Jets implode.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-...0863--nfl.html

Quote:
New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow reportedly will request to be traded or released after the season.

The move is expected if backup quarterback Greg McElroy starts the final two games of the season for the Jets, the New York Daily News reported Tuesday, citing sources.
(More at link)
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #2
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

This is terrible news for whichever fan forum MacGruder is going to start posting on.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #3
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is terrible news for whichever fan forum MacGruder is going to start posting on.
No kidding. Right now, they are innocently posting away - having no idea that a tsunami is lurking offshore.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
Drek
Ring of Famer
 
Drek's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,334
Default

My guess as to the Jets' plan for this season was that they seriously thought he would compete with Sanchez, then the coaching staff doubled down on Sanchez mid-season when they were still in the playoff hunt despite Sanchez' inconsistent play. Next thing you know they're so far down the rabbit hole that swapping Sanchez for Tebow only leads to questions about why they didn't do it sooner. If Tebow wins the change likely comes too late to make the playoffs, if Tebow loses it's why didn't they give him more time with the first string or why did they even give him the shot (depends on what side of the Tebow debate you're on).

It became a no win situation for the coaching staff when they rolled with Sanchez past week 5. Letting Tebow on the field now just makes them look bad no matter how it ends. These guys do actually want to keep their jobs next season, and anything Tebow does, form bomb massively to destroy all who oppose him will just feed the media questioning their coaching staff and front office.

Personally I think Jacksonville would be a horrible stop for Tebow. Mularkey hasn't shown any interest in even working with that type of QB, let alone one that brings the baggage Tebow has from a media standpoint.

To me the best place for him would be Buffalo. Fitzpatrick is having another mediocre season and Chan Gailey has tried to implement elements of the spread option previously in his career. Stevie Johnson is the one deep threat WR you should make sure Tebow has, and both Spiller and Fred Jackson are horses who would do well in the run heavy attack Tebow has had success in.

Other than that I think Arizona giving him a shot would make a lot of sense. He's no worse a passer than what they've been fielding and they can't run the ball at current. Tebow can at least throw the deep ball to Fitz and he'd immediately upgrade their running game. Their current QBs aren't worth it, so pick up Tebow and give him the season to sink or swim while you draft a mid-round type to develop and plan for the 2014 season when you might go after another first rounder. They'll likely try to go after Alex Smith instead, but I have a feeling Smith is going to wind up with the Jets who can't afford another draft and develop situation after giving Sanchez such a long trial. They'll likely try to splash the pot on Smith early in FA.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Lake Forest, Orange County, Calif.
Posts: 23,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is terrible news for whichever fan forum MacGruder is going to start posting on.
Gang Green website should be more fun in these days like we experienced when we courted Manning.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #6
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,439

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
My guess as to the Jets' plan for this season was that they seriously thought he would compete with Sanchez, then the coaching staff doubled down on Sanchez mid-season when they were still in the playoff hunt despite Sanchez' inconsistent play. Next thing you know they're so far down the rabbit hole that swapping Sanchez for Tebow only leads to questions about why they didn't do it sooner. If Tebow wins the change likely comes too late to make the playoffs, if Tebow loses it's why didn't they give him more time with the first string or why did they even give him the shot (depends on what side of the Tebow debate you're on).

It became a no win situation for the coaching staff when they rolled with Sanchez past week 5. Letting Tebow on the field now just makes them look bad no matter how it ends. These guys do actually want to keep their jobs next season, and anything Tebow does, form bomb massively to destroy all who oppose him will just feed the media questioning their coaching staff and front office.

Personally I think Jacksonville would be a horrible stop for Tebow. Mularkey hasn't shown any interest in even working with that type of QB, let alone one that brings the baggage Tebow has from a media standpoint.

To me the best place for him would be Buffalo. Fitzpatrick is having another mediocre season and Chan Gailey has tried to implement elements of the spread option previously in his career. Stevie Johnson is the one deep threat WR you should make sure Tebow has, and both Spiller and Fred Jackson are horses who would do well in the run heavy attack Tebow has had success in.

Other than that I think Arizona giving him a shot would make a lot of sense. He's no worse a passer than what they've been fielding and they can't run the ball at current. Tebow can at least throw the deep ball to Fitz and he'd immediately upgrade their running game. Their current QBs aren't worth it, so pick up Tebow and give him the season to sink or swim while you draft a mid-round type to develop and plan for the 2014 season when you might go after another first rounder. They'll likely try to go after Alex Smith instead, but I have a feeling Smith is going to wind up with the Jets who can't afford another draft and develop situation after giving Sanchez such a long trial. They'll likely try to splash the pot on Smith early in FA.
I agree. I think the Jets season would have gone much the same as the Broncos did last year with Tebow, but Sanchez was just that tiny bit better than Orton was and the staff couldn't pull the trigger.

If they gave Tebow the job now, and he won games, the NY media would crucify Rex and the FO.

I don't think there's a team in the league that will give him much of a look at this point.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!
 
DomCasual's Avatar
 
Shameless Homer

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: SLC, UT
Posts: 14,031

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Yeah, the main reason I could see Jacksonville is because the owner's comments about him last year. I keep expecting that guy to go all Daniel Snyder, circa 2001. Plus, it seems pretty clear that the QBOTF is not Gabbert or Henne. And lastly, it would fill empty seats - something Broncos fans take for granted, living in a real football town.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:53 PM   #8
Punisher
Kiss the shoes!
 
Punisher's Avatar
 
We run the AFC WOOOOOOO!

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Broncos Video Vault
Posts: 7,563

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God
Default

With all these young QBs the only team I see tebow going to is the jags and maybe new england. The hoodie will find use for him doing something
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #9
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Tebow is cancer and any team to bring him in isn't very bright.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #10
mwill07
Ring of Famer
 
mwill07's Avatar
 
Lurker Extraordinaire

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,089

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM
Default

IMO, if Tebow wants to be a QB he will only play in Canada.

He can be the next Doug Flutie, and give the NFL a fair shot in a few years once his zealots calm down.
mwill07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #11
JakeZ01
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tebow is cancer and any team to bring him in isn't very bright.
More like radiation. Orton and sanchez are the quarterback versions of your posts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tebow fans are cancerous.
FYP
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #13
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.
 
TheElusiveKyleOrton's Avatar
 
Touched By God

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 10,960
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
IMO, if Tebow wants to be a QB he will only play in Canada.

He can be the next Doug Flutie, and give the NFL a fair shot in a few years once his zealots calm down.
http://deadspin.com/5969648/no-matte...ootball-league
__________________
Nobody puts Jay-bee in the corner.
TheElusiveKyleOrton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,934

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

oh what could be, tebow to the als, i think they hold the rights to vince young too if im not mistaken.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #15
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
FYP
Tebow isn't this saint in the lockeroom. No one defended him when we shipped him out just like nobody defended shipping Cutler. The fan circus and Tebow has requested trades twice now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #16
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Tebow isn't this saint in the lockeroom. No one defended him when we shipped him out just like nobody defended shipping Cutler. The fan circus and Tebow has requested trades twice now.
I disagree, the only reason no one was defending him, was because he was a ****ty quarterback. All of the reports I've ever read, say he was a great teammate/locker room guy.

EDIT for clarity: I was talking about Tebow. Frown Cannon is a douchey teammate AND a ****ty QB.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 55,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

J'Ville is picking one or two in the draft. They'd be smart to get their QB there. Personally, I'd take Barkley, but what do I know?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 PM   #18
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
 
maven's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 10,440
Default

I felt like I've read all this in the other thread...
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #19
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
I disagree, the only reason no one was defending him, was because he was a ****ty quarterback. All of the reports I've ever read, say he was a great teammate/locker room guy.

EDIT for clarity: I was talking about Tebow. Frown Cannon is a douchey teammate AND a ****ty QB.
Yeah he isn't at all like Jeff Cutler but he sure isn't good enough to be requesting trades. He should be glad to just be in the NFL. The whole circus that comes with him is the real cancer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester
 
Smiling Assassin27's Avatar
 
Hurry Hurry

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 12,577

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs
Default

Trade to the Toronto Argonauts for a crate of bacon.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:25 PM   #21
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,678

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is terrible news for whichever fan forum MacGruder is going to start posting on.


That ****in guy can't catch a break on the **** he buys into, can he?
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #22
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OR
Posts: 1,984

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Sadly, the best spot for him is probably NE. Just get the feeling belicheck would find some way to utilize him better than the Jets did.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #23
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel
 
Doggcow's Avatar
 
http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,967

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

Tebow in NE would be brutal. Bellicheck would bake him good...
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #24
yerner
Ring of Famer
 
yerner's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charlottesville VA
Posts: 3,924
Default

what a jerkoff, what other 3rd string qb demands trades? narcissistic twat.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #25
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,069

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
what a jerkoff, what other 3rd string qb demands trades? narcissistic twat.
Orton?
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Denver Broncos