The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #126
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No. Instead you're going to find fault in him for doing what virtually anyone else in that situation would do.
I don't think Tebow pouting and asking for a trade everywhere he goes is good for either him, or for the team. The reality is, anywhere he goes, his first year there is going to be like the first year he spent here, and the first year he spent in New York. He'll ride the bench while they figure out what to do with him - and in the mean time, his practice performance will shake any confidence that they might have had in him along the way.

I'm not saying Tebow can't play. He played one of the most magical seasons I've ever witnessed last year. What I am saying is that he's going to have a very difficult time getting someone to invest their career in him. Josh McDaniels seems to be the only person in the world eager to do that. For Tebow's sake, I hope he and McDaniels end up together somewhere.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #127
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
no, your unrelenting love of Tebow, in spite of all the evidence of his suckage is.
No, the people on this board pretending that Tebow didn't help us get to the playoffs last year are the retards. He's far from a great NFL QB, but if the Jets had started him months ago they would probably be looking at a playoff birth right now. Their defense is better than ours was last year you know.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #128
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Why? Are you a Jets fan too? He is gone so you should either be happy for him or not give a rat's ass about him.
First off, I am a fan or not a fan of several NFL players that really dont have connections to the Broncos. As a fan of the sport in general, that is par for the course.

Why do I want to see him in the CFL? Because if he continues to insist on being a QB, that is the talent level he is at. Now if he were to change gears and play some sort of HB/FB/TE role player, I would want him to succeed and become an all-pro. I would even borderline say I would want him back here but also realize that isnt practical.

On the other side of the coin, I find the whole Tebow image to be hypocritical. He is supposed to be the great team guy but insists on being a QB but its clear, and backed up by NFL personnel evaluators, that he doesn't have the talent to play the QB position. And truthfully, that is something that has always bothered me in that many of his most ardent followers have had one of their staple arguments that he is going to work harder than anyone else and that by itself was enough. That possible in HS and college but practically impossible in the pros. And I think the choice to go to the NYJ instead of JAX was eyeopening as to how much he is a product of his handlers.

If it was an anti christian thing (which I am not christian), there would be many other Bronco's or pro athletes in general that I wouldn't like are nearly equally religious as he is (Dawkins and Hillis are quick examples).
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:49 AM   #129
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
No, the people on this board pretending that Tebow didn't help us get to the playoffs last year are the retards. He's far from a great NFL QB, but if the Jets had started him months ago they would probably be looking at a playoff birth right now. Their defense is better than ours was last year you know.
Ya cause our defense giving up points like 15, 10 13, 13, 10 and spotted tebow 7 points in the final game was totally unacceptable by the defense last year.

Look at those points given up in those games. Tebow led offense In those games SUCKED. The defense has every right to claim their performances had alot to do with winning those games.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #130
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Why? Are you a Jets fan too? He is gone so you should either be happy for him or not give a rat's ass about him. What did he do to you or the organization that shows this response? I doubt any former Broncos QB gets this much hate. Orton is forgotten and it was Tebow who helped save our season.
I am not a Tebow nut hugger and was excited when we landed Manning but to for some to want him to fail miserably is either the Anti Christian type we saw last year or maybe hates his playing style that might change the NFL QB look (oh ****, did I go MacGruder on that one?).

I wish him the best of luck and hope we beat him badly if he gets a chance on an NFL team. Tim, thanks for the 2011 memories and you still can't throw but I hope you find a home somewhere...maybe J'Ville or the CFL.
This is pretty much where I stand on the matter. Tebow is definitely not a good NFL passer presently, and it's looking very likely he'll never be (though I really have to wonder if any spread option guy would have much success with the instability he's faced in his first three years). But I loved what he did for our team last year, and find it disgusting how many Bronco fans direct pure hate at the guy. The lack of gratitude is mind-boggling to me.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 AM   #131
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Ya cause our defense giving up points like 15, 10 13, 13, 10 and spotted tebow 7 points in the final game was totally unacceptable by the defense last year.

Look at those points given up in those games. Tebow led offense In those games SUCKED. The defense has every right to claim their performances had alot to do with winning those games.
I never said our defense didn't play well during that stretch. Way to totally miss the point.

The 2012 Jets defense > the 2011 Broncos defense. Do you disagree?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #132
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't think Tebow pouting and asking for a trade everywhere he goes is good for either him, or for the team. The reality is, anywhere he goes, his first year there is going to be like the first year he spent here, and the first year he spent in New York. He'll ride the bench while they figure out what to do with him - and in the mean time, his practice performance will shake any confidence that they might have had in him along the way.

I'm not saying Tebow can't play. He played one of the most magical seasons I've ever witnessed last year. What I am saying is that he's going to have a very difficult time getting someone to invest their career in him. Josh McDaniels seems to be the only person in the world eager to do that. For Tebow's sake, I hope he and McDaniels end up together somewhere.
I don't think there's a single thing you can hold out in Tebow's actions that could ever be described as 'pouting'

He wants to be a QB who plays QB (preferably on the field) When he discovers that the staff/FO at an organization isn't on board with that, he pursues what's really his only option... moving on. It's clear that neither team he's been with (their leadership anyway) was really all that excited to have him. Who, other than a Hanie-type happy just to cash in on ridin-pine time, would stick around for that?

I'm 90% sure if you gave Tebow the choice between warming some NFL bench and moving on to a different line of work, he'd choose something different to do with his time.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:08 AM   #133
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Those numbers look a lot like the average number of points KO was handing the other team off of turnovers.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:09 AM   #134
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I never said our defense didn't play well during that stretch. Way to totally miss the point.

The 2012 Jets defense > the 2011 Broncos defense. Do you disagree?
In a way yes. I don't think ANY part of the jets are good. From ownership all the way down to lockerroom cleanup staff. That organization needs an overhaul xs2

Putting tebow in wouldn't have changed their destiny this year. They would've still missed the playoffs IMO

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-19-2012 at 11:19 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #135
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Those numbers look a lot like the average number of points KO was handing the other team off of turnovers.
Too bad KO couldn't hand off 5 or so points in that last game. KO sucks and only put up 7 points on us. I've never been a KO fan. He had better performances in bars than the field. You're post might have been better directed at the KO defenders.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 AM   #136
Agamemnon

Quote:
I don't think there's a single thing you can hold out in Tebow's actions that could ever be described as 'pouting'

He wants to be a QB who plays QB (preferably on the field) When he discovers that the staff/FO at an organization isn't on board with that, he pursues what's really his only option... moving on. It's clear that neither team he's been with (their leadership anyway) was really all that excited to have him. Who, other than a Hanie-type happy just to cash in on ridin-pine time, would stick around for that?

I'm 90% sure if you gave Tebow the choice between warming some NFL bench and moving on to a different line of work, he'd choose something different to do with his time.
I think Tebow might be willing to male a position change at some point honestly, but the issue is that all the talk of him not being able to play QB in the NFL is just something he has no reason to believe yet. When he's actually been allowed to play he's produced wins and has twice as many TD's as interceptions. Yes his completion percentage is crap, but I seriously doubt that is something he personally believes he can't improve. People who think the guy should just shrug his shoulders and accept that he can't play QB in the NFL are living in a dream world.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 AM   #137
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I think Tebow might be willing to male a position change at some point honestly, but the issue is that all the talk of him not being able to play QB in the NFL is just something he has no reason to believe yet. When he's actually been allowed to play he's produced wins and has twice as many TD's as interceptions. Yes his completion percentage is crap, but I seriously doubt that is something he personally believes he can't improve. People who think the guy should just shrug his shoulders and accept that he can't play QB in the NFL are living in a dream world.
I don't think tebow believes anything the talking media says about him. If the opportunity never arises again to be a starter I do believe he would look in himself and his faith on what to do. He's already changed positions if you think about it. Special teams was a new position for him. If he can accept punt formations he should have no problem trying a hybrid tailback or TE position.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #138
Agamemnon

Quote:
I don't think tebow believes anything the talking media says about him. If the opportunity never arises again to be a starter I do believe he would look in himself and his faith on what to do. He's already changed positions if you think about it. Special teams was a new position for him. If he can accept punt formations he should have no problem trying a hybrid tailback or TE position.
Right, but you know he's going to tell his agent to look for teams that are willing to give him a shot as a QB even if it involves less money. The guy just has no reason to believe he can't play QB in the NFL. That's a storyline being created by the media. Spread option QBs are generally seen as developmental QB's and Tebow's first three years have been a far cry from a true developmental process.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #139
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Right, but you know he's going to tell his agent to look for teams that are willing to give him a shot as a QB even if it involves less money. The guy just has no reason to believe he can't play QB in the NFL. That's a storyline being created by the media. Spread option QBs are generally seen as developmental QB's and Tebow's first three years have been a far cry from a true developmental process.
I think it's already happened. Heard something about him wanting out if the last 2 starts went to McElroy. I don't blame him. I think what their FO does at the end will have an impact on his decision. Like if they bring in coaching/GM that would work with him and give him a shot then maybe he stays. If not then maybe the jags make another attempt

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-19-2012 at 11:34 AM..
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #140
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

I wish we could have got him to play MLB. He seems to have a temperament better suited for defense.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #141
LittleFloyd
Seasoned Veteran

Hall of Fame

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Tebow is the ultimate quarterback killer. Neither Orton or Sanchez could stand up to the pressure of having Tebow as their backup. Both played badly, in part they are average at best, and their play on the field deteriorated.
LittleFloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM   #142
edog24
Perennial Pro-bowler

Well, after seeing him play a few downs for the Jets, it occurs to me that he has not progressed at all. Either he completely doesn't get it, can't adapt his style, or just is unwilling to change at all. Watching him run around Monday night, roll out to the wrong side for his throwing motion, and then sail a ball out of bounds 20 yards over the receiver's head makes me happy with the decision we made.
edog24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:54 PM   #143
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
I think it's already happened. Heard something about him wanting out if the last 2 starts went to McElroy. I don't blame him. I think what their FO does at the end will have an impact on his decision. Like if they bring in coaching/GM that would work with him and give him a shot then maybe he stays. If not then maybe the jags make another attempt
What a swift kick to the nuts this is. It's another whole tier of classlessness. "Hey, Tim, you'll be our backup all year. We'll use you however we can while you patiently wait for your opportunity. We'll break your ribs letting you get hammered out there. Then when all hope is lost for the season, and we finally give up the ghost on this turd sandwich quarterback we drafted, we won't give you a shot. We're going to bring in this other kid who was inactive almost all year and let him take over for a couple meaningless games."
Old 12-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #144
JakeZ01

Even famous tebow hater Stephen A. smith called it sabotage and mistreatment of Tebow... Congrats....most of you are bigger dbags than Stephen A. Smith....shudder.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 PM   #145
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't think Tebow could have helped the Jets all that much. I think any game that he could have won that the Jets lost, there's probably another that Sanchez would have won that Tebow would have lost.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:50 PM   #146
Rolandftw

I've said for awhile that you have to build an offense around Tebow. Expecting Tebow to play and be successful in a pro style offense is not very likely. Hell RG3 is WAY better then Tebow, but I don't think he would have been very successful this year if the Redskins expected RG3 to match Shanahan's system. Instead they incorporated things that really took advantage of RG3's skillset.

Course the problem is that even if Tebow's in a great situation, with great players around him--that's probably a 8-10 win team max. Since the goal is winning titles, few GM's/Coaches want to do that. It'd have to be a coach that was brought in, that came from the college game that had no problem rolling the dice with an unconventional offense. Where there wasn't a lot of pressure to win titles (Jacksonville seems like an ideal location if they brought in the right coach).

McDaniels would be awful for Tebow because he will not ever create an offense around him. He will expect Tebow to run the same offense that Tom Brady runs, and there is a 0% chance of that ever happening.

I don't blame Tebow for wanting out if he feels he wasn't given a fair shot. Hopefully some team gives it to him, but if not going to the CFL is not a bad option if he wants to continue to play QB. Obviously would be a great short yardage back if he was willing to do that.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM   #147
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't think Tebow could have helped the Jets all that much. I think any game that he could have won that the Jets lost, there's probably another that Sanchez would have won that Tebow would have lost.
"I Concur"

-Kyle Orton
Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #148
JakeZ01

I doubt tebow would have made a difference. I mean 25 (ish) turnovers by your quarterback don't effect the outcome of the game at all.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #149
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

I mean damn how can you ride this guy so long.

13 TD, 17 int, 12 fumbles

He was absolutely ****ing horrible this year.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #150
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

So is Tebow a coach killer
baja is offline   Reply With Quote