The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #651
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I bet Ted Nugent has said something stupid but we just haven't got a chance to hear it yet.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:01 PM   #652
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
so the nra wants the evil gubmint to put police officers in schools now.bigger gubmint! what say you righties on this proposal?
Bring our National Guard home and let them focus on protecting local communities as originally intended. The Governors have the power to deploy them to protect our local schools. Who better to protect our children than combat trained members of the local community?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #653
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Who better to protect our children than combat trained members of the local community?
Why are our schools arenas of combat?

Do you see the problem?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 07:36 PM   #654
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post

Do you see the problem?
Combat trained simply means they are train to handle any situation that might arise ......... say when a crazy zombie attacks an elementary school with multiple weapons and body armor. The local police are not trained or equipped to do so.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #655
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Combat trained simply means they are train to handle any situation that might arise ......... say when a crazy zombie attacks an elementary school with multiple weapons and body armor. The local police are not trained or equipped to do so.
So, the NRA's suggestion to put armed officers in our schools (more than there already are) is a non-starter?

Again, why should we need anyone with combat training in our schools? That's just sick.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #656
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post

Do you see the problem?
We have created an economic structure that renders the collective us unable to truly help one another. We are living a lie and the lie has no substance or sustainability.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 11:31 PM   #657
Bronco Yoda

The semi-auto's are flying off the shelves. I stopped by my small local gun shop today and they were sold out of everything related to semi-automatic. They sell only between 10-12 AR-15s a month. They sold out their entire stock on hand (83) within 48 hours of Obama's speech. Same with the AK's. The magazines went the first 24 hours. Same with two other shops I went too. Cleaned out bare. They've never seen anything like it. Every web site i've checked is sold out as well. $15 dollar steel mags (30rds) are going for as much as $100 dollars on ebay if you can find them at all. Crazy...
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #658
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
The semi-auto's are flying off the shelves. I stopped by my small local gun shop today and they were sold out of everything related to semi-automatic. They sell only between 10-12 AR-15s a month. They sold out their entire stock on hand (83) within 48 hours of Obama's speech. Same with the AK's. The magazines went the first 24 hours. Same with two other shops I went too. Cleaned out bare. They've never seen anything like it. Every web site i've checked is sold out as well. $15 dollar steel mags (30rds) are going for as much as $100 dollars on ebay if you can find them at all. Crazy...
Think about what drives that. Either people fear their own government or they anticipate a break down of society to the extent that they will need to protect themselves with military type weapons.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #659
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Think about what drives that. Either people fear their own government or they anticipate a break down of society to the extent that they will need to protect themselves with military type weapons.
I think it's more like twinkies, people were clearing the store shelves that never had a twinkie in their life. Another example would be to ban the manufacturing and sales of SUV's .......... everyone would rush to the dealerships to buy or order one.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #660
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Either people fear their own government or they anticipate a break down of society to the extent that they will need to protect themselves with military type weapons.
You'd like that, eh?

Or else they figure they can buy cheap now, sell for far more later, and turn a tidy profit.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #661
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Yet the ar15 is a civilian Firearm. The military at least in the US do not carry it as a standard weapon.

But you are correct about the rest of your post.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:40 AM   #662
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Will the NRA pay for that armed response in schools?

And when the gun toting loons strike the movie theaters again, will they pay for them there too? And when they strike in the malls, will they add more there? And when they realize the 'armed security' is outgunned by 30 round, semi automatics, will they provide fully automatic weapons in all those locations?

Why not just make every weapon legal. Let's sell RPGs at gun shows where background checks, for 30% of all gun sales, are non existent. And **** making gun owners responsible for locking up their weapons and keeping them out of the hands of kids and petty criminals.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 12-23-2012 at 11:07 AM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #663
Bronco Yoda

Could I get that said RPG in a collapsible stock and a double action trigger?
Old 12-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #664
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Why do people think that is reasonable argument Yoda?

An AR-15 shoots a .223 and is semi automatic. The only thing that makes it assault looking is a collapsable/adjustable stock and the pistol grip. It really can't do much more damage then a hunting rifle or a handgun at close range.

So lets say you make the clips only 10 like calif. Fine. But does it really make sense to band pistol grips and adjustable stocks? Seriously explain to me how pistol grips make a crazy killer more dangerous to me at the mall. It just seems like a joke to me.

Thats why conservatives see this is only a start and why we will fight all of it. After this ban someone with a handgun will kill 30. People will say we still aren't safe and make more gun laws. Then someone with a shotgun will kill some people and we will make more laws. i just don't buy that we are less safe now then under the brady assault weapons ban. I feel safer then in the late 80's early 90's where in my area is all about the crips and bloods killing eachother with fully automatic ak-47s and uzis. I am firmly in your camp on that. No full military weapons allowed.

But comparing owning an ar-15 to a grenade launcher is not credible.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #665
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Could I get that said RPG in a collapsible stock and a double action trigger?
Sure, any particular color?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #666
Meck77

Quote:
Or people simply want something they think they will no longer be able to get. I know ranchers out here are stacking up the ARs for prarie dog control. Those 30 round clips are ideal for clearing out fields quickly. Once you jump a field it's key to knock down as many as you can quickly because they tend to hide after the first clip!

Oh baja you might have to move your doomesday deadline back again. I know you went on record saying you would gladly admit you were wrong. Are you there yet? Or do you need to revise the date yet again?

Baja you might just consider moving back dude.

Last edited by Meck77; 12-23-2012 at 04:12 PM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:30 PM   #667
lonestar
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

An AR-15 shoots a .223 and is semi automatic. The only thing that makes it assault looking is a collapsable/adjustable stock and the pistol grip. It really can't do much more damage then a hunting rifle or a handgun at close range.

So lets say you make the clips only 10 like calif. Fine. But does it really make sense to band pistol grips and adjustable stocks? Seriously explain to me how pistol grips make a crazy killer more dangerous to me at the mall. It just seems like a joke to me.

Thats why conservatives see this is only a start and why we will fight all of it. After this ban someone with a handgun will kill 30. People will say we still aren't safe and make more gun laws. Then someone with a shotgun will kill some people and we will make more laws. i just don't buy that we are less safe now then under the brady assault weapons ban. I feel safer then in the late 80's early 90's where in my area is all about the crips and bloods killing eachother with fully automatic ak-47s and uzis. I am firmly in your camp on that. No full military weapons allowed.

Great post.

But you fail to get that the far left use that tactic to muddle the facts. When they have zero facts to debate with they change the dynamics of the debate/argument with changing the subject. Age old tactic.

Once there is a ban then the slippery slope starts. All of a sudden they Are banning owning more than one single shot guns. Because God forbid a nut jobs could come in with 35 guns and kill folks.

What they need to do is realize it is the NUTJOB that is the problem, not the gun.
lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:41 PM   #668
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Or people simply want something they think they will no longer be able to get. I know ranchers out here are stacking up the ARs for prarie dog control. Those 30 round clips are ideal for clearing out fields quickly. Once you jump a field it's key to knock down as many as you can quickly because they tend to hide after the first clip!

Oh baja you might have to move your doomesday deadline back again. I know you went on record saying you would gladly admit you were wrong. Are you there yet? Or do you need to revise the date yet again?

Baja you might just consider moving back dude.
I'd say things are heating up Meck, just look at what this thread is about. I wouldn't call these good times. i hope the bottom doesn't fall out but it sure could. I pray it does not.

I live whereI live not because I don't want to or am afraid to live elsewhere but because I like where I am. Don't know why that is so hard to grasp.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:42 PM   #669
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonestar View Post
Great post.

But you fail to get that the far left use that tactic to muddle the facts. When they have zero facts to debate with they change the dynamics of the debate/argument with changing the subject. Age old tactic.

Once there is a ban then the slippery slope starts. All of a sudden they Are banning owning more than one single shot guns. Because God forbid a nut jobs could come in with 35 guns and kill folks.

What they need to do is realize it is the NUTJOB that is the problem, not the gun.
Every country has 'nutjobs,' the problem is the easy access to multiple weapons.

If we own a car, we must get a license and liability insurance, but guns, don't require either.

Any 'nutjob' can buy weapons at a gun show and get thousands of rounds of ammo online.

Why is it so difficult to understand that easy access to weapons and ammo is a problem we can address.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:48 PM   #670
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Every country has 'nutjobs,' the problem is the easy access to multiple weapons.

If we own a car, we must get a license and liability insurance, but guns, don't require either.
And I'm totally sure that someone aiming to kill people with a vehicle would make absolutely sure that vehicle is registered and properly insured first.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #671
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
And I'm totally sure that someone aiming to kill people with a vehicle would make absolutely sure that vehicle is registered and properly insured first.
Think about what you're saying.

Almost any car taken will have registration and insurance, which means liability is covered, and the victims, or family, have recourse.

I know of exactly that scenario taking place right now. Kid takes keys, passenger ends up paralyzed, parents and insurance company being sued.

Why not have at least the same rules for weapons designed to kill!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:16 PM   #672
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Three years for 70 bucks makes a great stocking stuffer.........

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...0&hid=19909170
Old 12-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #673
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

You got me wrong. I don't think it is a reasonable argument. I own an AR-15 so I know what they are about. They are nothing more than a small-med caliber over priced rifle that is a very versatile platform. They can be made to look just very intimating with all the bolt on configurations. Nothing nearly as powerful as even the 308.

In all actuality these assault rifles are like BB guns compared to where the shotguns are evolving too.

You can put a 30 round clip on a Saiga 12 guage and empty 00 buck in a few seconds. Thank god this lunatic didn't do this or things would have been far worse.

I was looking at a new style shotgun the other day that was not much more than 26 inches long but could be shot with one hand (12 guage 00 buck). Now that's a lot of power with little recoil & could be hidden under any jacket. It had 12 shot quick change revolving mags. Saw it shoot 36 slugs in under a min. You can buy an extended barrel that holds 9 right now at your local Big 5 sporting goods store.

Guns are dangerous. Any of them are lethal when misused. Our mental health system is broken. Our educational system is broken.

Where do you draw the line?

In the end can anyone really successfully legislate personal responsibility?

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 12-23-2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old 12-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #674
Meck77

Quote:
I'd say things are heating up Meck, just look at what this thread is about. I wouldn't call these good times. i hope the bottom doesn't fall out but it sure could. I pray it does not.

I live whereI live not because I don't want to or am afraid to live elsewhere but because I like where I am. Don't know why that is so hard to grasp.
Baja you spent YEARS spreading fear and nonsense on this forum about some random event that would end the world even bumping back the date to try and fit it in 2012...

Time to man up and admit you were wrong. Or you want to hold out another week or so?

Bottom line is the world has always been a tough place beyond the American border.

Just being born an American is a PRIVILEGE in and of itself. Yes some gruesome acts of evil have hit our country lately but we can't stop living and loving.

Take a moment to reflect on this baja. http://www.slideshare.net/hectorham/lighteninginajar

Merry Christmas to you. Let's make 2013 a good one and help some people.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #675
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Baja you spent YEARS spreading fear and nonsense on this forum about some random event that would end the world even bumping back the date to try and fit it in 2012...

Time to man up and admit you were wrong. Or you want to hold out another week or so?
baja and gaffe just have too much invested in doomsterism to let it go.