The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 AM   #1
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies
Default Broncos' Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas have gift of grab, just like two Denver legends

Numbers, though, weren't the first thing Smith and McCaffrey mentioned when asked what Thomas and Decker have in common with them.
"I was blessed to play alongside a guy like Rod because of his hard work and his unselfishness," McCaffrey said. "And it's not always that way in the league. I think Demaryius and Eric are both hardworking, likable guys. Unselfish. They work hard in the run game. They're good teammates.
"There are selfish receivers who want the ball all the time. But when you want to win championships, you can't worry about how you only got targeted two times one

Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas is ready to make the catch as Raiders cornerback Ron Bartell watches Dec. 6 in Oakland, Calif. (John Leyba, The Denver Post)
week because you know when you have a guy like Peyton Manning, he's going to go to the open receiver. He trusts all of his weapons."
The presence of Manning brings up another similarity.
"About the only way I would compare is we played with a guaranteed Hall of Famer, just like those guys are playing with a guaranteed Hall of Famer," Smith said, referring to Elway then and Manning now. "Not that you don't have the talent, but your game gets elevated when you play with a guy like that."
Double trouble for defenses
People might have it wrong about NFL receivers. The team with the best receiver in 2011 was not Detroit with Calvin Johnson. It was the Super Bowl champion New York Giants with Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks.
The most lethal receiver in 2008 was not Houston's Andre Johnson, even though he led the league in receptions and yards. It was Arizona's Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin and Pittsburgh's Hines Ward and Santonio Holmes. Those two receiving tandems wound up squaring off in one of the most exciting games in Super Bowl history.
Brandon Marshall had three consecutive 100-catch seasons for the Broncos from 2007-09. What did that get the Broncos besides 7-9, 8-8 and 8-8?
"You've got to have two," Thomas said.
Demaryius and Decker, Decker and Demaryius aren't just a tandem that splits wide to each side of Manning. As rookies in 2010, Decker, a third-round draft pick, shared the home owned by the first-round pick, Thomas.

Read more: Broncos' Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas have gift of grab, just like two Denver legends - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2F2uEzP7q
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #2
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

ok, but which one is like Mcaffrey?
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

I honestly never put the whole Decker/Eddie Mac thing together. Kudos DP!
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Thomas is clearly more like McCaffrey.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #5
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Clearly it's Demaryius!!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I can't believe no one has looked to make a comparison before. If only there was some characteristic, unrelated to their attributes, we could easily use. Do either DT or Decker sell mustard?
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
I honestly never put the whole Decker/Eddie Mac thing together. Kudos DP!
Hmmm...both are white, both wear #87...

By Jove! I think we're on to something!
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Nice read. Thanks. Those were good times, when Eddie Mac and Rod were playing.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Nice read. Thanks. Those were good times, when Eddie Mac and Rod were playing.
I thought so too. Apparently we are not so sophisticated that we can still enjoy a nice read about our Broncos. I for one hope I am never Super Fan enough that I lose my enjoyment for reading these articles. I imagine many interesting reads on the Broncos no longer get posted here because the ridicule from the new super fans make it not worth the effort.

Maybe one day we can reach the cool status of some of these posters in this thread but I hope not.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote