The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #1
LikeABoss5820
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default Postgame vs KC.

- Manning didnt play great but as everyone knows, he doesnt play well vs the wind. But made some big throws to keep drives alive.

- Defense for the most part did play well.

- Harris and Roby balled out.

- Hats off to the OL and CJ ANDERSON.

Great win in a hostile environment.
LikeABoss5820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2014, 10:01 PM   #2
mwill07
Ring of Famer

Lurker Extraordinaire

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VMFM

Great win, but lets not get too carried away.

- KC is the worst run D in the league, giving up 5.0 yards/carry.

- KC pass offense is terrible - 26th in the league with 5.9 yards per attempt.

We exploited their weaknesses, got a big lead, and forced them to be one-dimensional - a dimension they are not very good at.

Don't get me wrong - this was an important road win vs a good divisional opponent, but KC is not exactly a juggernaut. They are a team who looks good in spots but ultimately shows their true colors.

Buffalo next week will be a good test for our new-found running game - they are giving up 3.9 YPA on the ground, 10th in the league. Buffalo is a better defense than KC is all around.
mwill07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Can we throw something other than a damn fade? Holy effing crap.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #4
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

I thought the Broncos would lose this one.
KC needed this to stay in. The playoff picture.
They lost Berry so emotionally i thought they would come out hitting.
Playing KC away is always tough.
The wind was strong enough it took away Peyton's accuracy.

Being able to run it down a teams throat 2 games in a row feels great. This is the type of team that can dominate the post season. Once JT comes back a lot of those red zone woes will suddenly disappear.

Barth really sucks at KOs. Having a good team like indy or NE start at the 35 constantly is going hurts us down the line.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Seriously... That reminded me of playing Madden with my 9 yo retarded cousin.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

That D was fun to watch tonight! Ware was a beast.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

JDR for bringing different pressure throughout the night. Q Carter even in on a sack. Smith frustrated most the night.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:20 PM   #8
Rascal
RIP

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf

Biggest shock was the fake punt
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:24 PM   #9
Hulamau
Polynesian Paralysis

In the Pocket

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwill07 View Post
Great win, but lets not get too carried away.

- KC is the worst run D in the league, giving up 5.0 yards/carry.

- KC pass offense is terrible - 26th in the league with 5.9 yards per attempt.

We exploited their weaknesses, got a big lead, and forced them to be one-dimensional - a dimension they are not very good at.

Don't get me wrong - this was an important road win vs a good divisional opponent, but KC is not exactly a juggernaut. They are a team who looks good in spots but ultimately shows their true colors.

Buffalo next week will be a good test for our new-found running game - they are giving up 3.9 YPA on the ground, 10th in the league. Buffalo is a better defense than KC is all around.
Uh .. Dolphins have a stud run D too and we pretty much did the same thing to them as we did to KC on the road in very cold, windy and loud against us environment.

Dont underestimate what this Run offense is doing and the D tonight were flat out balling too.

Yeah KC is no offensive juggernaut, but holding Charles to 35 yards rushing and 24 yards receiving at home is no slouch at all.

Charles had over 155+ yards rushing alone against Seahawks and 98 yard rushing and 20 yards receiving in win at Buffalo over the Bills vaunted D...

Just sayin' ... I think you might be short changing their play a little the last couple games.

We will see how Peyton looks with the O next week with JT back (likely) and both the defense hopefully having Talib and Kayvon back with Danny T back the following week ... and the Oline is gelling big time now after 5 games now under their belt with mostly the same line up.

Baring any serious injuries on the Oline they should be really clicking the last few games of the season into the playoffs. We are seeing signs this team is starting to bring it together and ramp it up a bit at the right time against a very tough schedule.

We have three more really tough ones in a row and then jut taking care of business against the Fade at home .. and with a little luck, just maybe the Chuggers will rise up and shock the Pats in San Diego after the long flight across country for Pats next Sunday night football which starts late at 8:30pm Pats time... its a stretch after this loss but stranger things have happened.

More work to do, obviously, but its all trending in the right direction that last two weeks.

Last edited by Hulamau; 11-30-2014 at 10:35 PM..
Hulamau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #10
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Keys to the victory tonight:
1- Ran the ball well
2- Rushed the QB
3- Played great defense
4- Converted 3rd downs very effectively and often
5- Made field goals that meant something
6- Special teams contributed big tonight
7- CJ Anderson!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:29 PM   #11
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Good:
  1. Running game was very efficient. I liked that they leaned on heavily.
  2. Pressure was consistent and strong all game.
  3. They contained the running game, which was huge.
  4. Barth made all his field goals! And his weak kicks will give our coverage team more reps and therefore more practice at actually covering returners.
  5. Defense was outstanding overall.
  6. This win gives us some nice wiggle room for winning the division, as well as closing the gap on the Patriots.

Bad:
  • Redzone offense was bad. Need to run more when we're down there.
  • Barth's kickoffs are really crappy.
  • Manning was kind of stumbling around out there. We shot ourselves in the foot a few times on first down.
  • wasn't in love with the offensive play calling in the second half.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #12
Peoples Champ
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Great win. I think Manning was better than we think. If tamme or Thomas make those catches in endzone that went through their hands he has 3 tds. Not shabby. I saw him miss some throws, but some balls were dropped that were catchable as well.
Peoples Champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #13
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples Champ View Post
Great win. I think Manning was better than we think. If tamme or Thomas make those catches in endzone that went through their hands he has 3 tds. Not shabby. I saw him miss some throws, but some balls were dropped that were catchable as well.
Manning was a little bit off, he played rushed a little bit.
Those two long passes to Sanders down the line, lacked a bit of air under the ball, they looked more like line drives and Sanders was easily overthrown.
No biggie. I think we're fine. There's got to be a trade off when rushing the ball like we did
Old 11-30-2014, 10:37 PM   #14
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Manning pass ratings under 90's, but didn't matter
Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #15
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Lost in this probably is how lucky the Broncos got tonight. They stormed out to a hot 17-0 start, but then failed in the red zone every time, Manning should have been picked off at least twice, the punt that bounced off of Cooper and Bolden recovered, the fumble by Avery that went straight to Roby in bounds.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:38 PM   #16
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Pretty much locked up the Division tiebreaker tonight. 4-0, SD has 2 losses already, and Denver isn't losing at home to Oakland for a 5th win.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:41 PM   #17
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post

Barth really sucks at KOs. Having a good team like indy or NE start at the 35 constantly is going hurts us down the line.
Maybe it's an overreaction, but I could see this really hurting us somewhere down the road. Makes you almost wonder if keeping McManus just for kickoff duty might have been worth the roster spot.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:45 PM   #18
labronx
Remember 98

Default Re: Postgame vs KC.

Quote:
This! ... I'm thinking the coaches may have seen something in the film that prompted this....that and the weather. .

Sent from my SGH-T999 Using ForumTouch for Android
labronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #19
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Attached Images

Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #20
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
no doubt - I thought hell had just frozen over, lol
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:01 PM   #21
itswutz4dinna
Pro Bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The defense was amazing. Second time in four weeks holding an opponent to under 100 yards through the first 3 quarters, which is crazy. And this time it wasn't the Raiders.

The offense in the second half was the worst I've seen in the Manning era, including the Super Bowl and St. Louis game. And really it all starts with the playcalling, even though I get that they were leaning on the defense. But it pretty much stuck to the play not to lose mantra of this season. I actually wish I saw more bubble screens instead of some of those runs.
itswutz4dinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 11:07 PM   #22
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Are you kidding me?
Where did that come from?
I was pleasantly surprised. Normally those trick plays fail, but we executed it to perfection...

Old 12-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #23
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Can we do this against a team with a offensive pulse. I'll take the win and like alot what we did but, let's not go nuts.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #24
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

I laughed out loud at the fake punt.... where did that even come from? Great play and timing. At the time it seemed unnecessary, but the extra 3 points from that drive ended up being pretty important.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2014, 08:36 AM   #25
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulamau View Post
Uh .. Dolphins have a stud run D too and we pretty much did the same thing to them as we did to KC on the road in very cold, windy and loud against us environment.

Dont underestimate what this Run offense is doing and the D tonight were flat out balling too.

Yeah KC is no offensive juggernaut, but holding Charles to 35 yards rushing and 24 yards receiving at home is no slouch at all.

Charles had over 155+ yards rushing alone against Seahawks and 98 yard rushing and 20 yards receiving in win at Buffalo over the Bills vaunted D...

Just sayin' ... I think you might be short changing their play a little the last couple games.

We will see how Peyton looks with the O next week with JT back (likely) and both the defense hopefully having Talib and Kayvon back with Danny T back the following week ... and the Oline is gelling big time now after 5 games now under their belt with mostly the same line up.

Baring any serious injuries on the Oline they should be really clicking the last few games of the season into the playoffs. We are seeing signs this team is starting to bring it together and ramp it up a bit at the right time against a very tough schedule.

We have three more really tough ones in a row and then jut taking care of business against the Fade at home .. and with a little luck, just maybe the Chuggers will rise up and shock the Pats in San Diego after the long flight across country for Pats next Sunday night football which starts late at 8:30pm Pats time... its a stretch after this loss but stranger things have happened.

More work to do, obviously, but its all trending in the right direction that last two weeks.
Pats flew straight to SD yesterday. I hope the Chargers kick the crap out of them.

I liked the pass to Virgil, would like to see him get involved a little more in the passing game.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote