The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 11:36 PM   #76
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
In my mind, defense of this country should be the #1 priority of the U.S. government. Little else matters...
Education, especially higher education should be the number one priority of the U.S. Government.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:05 AM   #77
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Last Sunday, Lindsay Graham was on Meet the Press and said that the Congressional Republicans need to realize that if you can get 87% of what you want, that's a good deal. Now think about that for a minute. Graham said this as if he was playing the voice of reason, as if settling for 87% of the GOP agenda would be magnanimous on their part. Someone should tell Graham that the GOP got thumped in the election. That means you don't get to dictate terms...you don't get to have 87% of what you want. That sums up the obstructionist GOP: they think it's a moderate position to expect to get 87% of they want in a deal following an election when they got their asses handed to them. I'm glad the President is standing up to them this time.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:35 AM   #78
Meck77
Google Blows

So once we go over the cliff I heard Obama is planning to resume his $4,000,000 vacation in Hawaii. I think the entire congress and especially the president should not be paid nor be able to vacation on our dime until this is figured out. Unbelievable disrespect to the tax payers of this country.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 AM   #79
Bronco Yoda

I say lock them ALL in a Hotel until things get worked out. Grover Norquist can clean all the rooms, cook & scrub the toilets with his finger.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #80
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
So once we go over the cliff I heard Obama is planning to resume his $4,000,000 vacation in Hawaii. I think the entire congress and especially the president should not be paid nor be able to vacation on our dime until this is figured out. Unbelievable disrespect to the tax payers of this country.
Obama is not held accountable for anything, so he can do about whatever and it gets a free pass. Even drones killing children and more involvement in government checking people's personal emails get a yawn from the supposed staunch rights activists anti-war crowd.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:13 AM   #81
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
The Democrats proposal offers most everything permanent that the Republicans want, with the Democratic wants being temporary measures (unemployment benefits, etc.) that will expire after one year. Very few concessions are being made by the Right. They simply want to take their balls and leave, which is what a majority of them did over the weekend, flocking back to their homes instead of actually getting serious about making a deal. The offer the Democrats are making now is more generous than what will happen if a deal isn't accomplished. Mind-boggling that the Right hasn't figured that out.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:16 AM   #82
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Do you really think not paying anyone a salary at this time would have any effect whatsoever?

Do you really think most of Congress would notice? Would Obama not be able to go on vacation because he can't afford it?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:27 AM   #83
Bronco Yoda

I think maybe both sides secretly want to go over the cliff. They get to raise taxes and make cuts without anyone actually doing anything... but point fingers at each other.

The Repubs will end up paying for it to some extent later , but Norquist already has their balls in olive jars neatly lined up across his mantel.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:33 AM   #84
Meck77
Google Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
I think maybe both sides secretly want to go over the cliff. They get to raise taxes and make cuts without anyone actually doing anything... but point fingers at each other.

The Repubs will end up paying for it to some extent later , but Norquist already has their balls in olive jars neatly lined up across his mantel.
I think you are right Yoda.

Houghtam considering virtually every member of Congress is a millionaire or mega millionaire I really doubt they would care less.

*edit* HOLY ****!!!! Obama is giving all of the rat bastards a raise! http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ess-pay-raise/

Would be a great symbolic statement if the people had that type of power.

Last edited by Meck77; 01-01-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #85
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk idiot kicker View Post
Education, especially higher education should be the number one priority of the U.S. Government.
What do you want the federal government to do, about higher education?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:30 PM   #86
Bronco Yoda

Higher education is the only thing we still do right. It's the lower education that's messed up beyond belief.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM   #87
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

A particular poster, who shall remain nameless, sent me a rep on my defense spending post. I want to clarify that we need to be more selective about how we use our defense spending. We stick our noses in places that we shouldn't be (the U.S. has done that for a long time). We have to work on cutting out needless spending. However, the basic needs of the troops MUST be met, as well as the support they require when they get out of the service. That's where the budget funding has to start. After that, we talk about other budget needs...

Last edited by Crushaholic; 12-31-2012 at 06:37 PM..
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #88
Arkie
Atlanta GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Higher education is the only thing we still do right. It's the lower education that's messed up beyond belief.
Lower education was better before the federal government got involved.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:47 AM   #89
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Link?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:17 AM   #90
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
A particular poster, who shall remain nameless, sent me a rep on my defense spending post. I want to clarify that we need to be more selective about how we use our defense spending. We stick our noses in places that we shouldn't be (the U.S. has done that for a long time). We have to work on cutting out needless spending. However, the basic needs of the troops MUST be met, as well as the support they require when they get out of the service. That's where the budget funding has to start. After that, we talk about other budget needs...
Who has argued otherwise?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:16 PM   #91
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The Senate passed a bill worthy of DC lol. Almost 700 billion in taxes and not even 20 billion in spending cuts lol. What a joke. I hope the repubs in the House vote against it. Better to just get all the spending cuts by going over the cliff. They can pass a middle class tax cut after we hit sequestration.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #92
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
it was far better before everyone decide to create state test that graded and gave/took money to/from schools. Then add all the politics that have been played at the States Board of Education and you have system that is screwed.

Last edited by elsid13; 01-01-2013 at 03:48 PM..
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #93
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
I think you are right Yoda.

Houghtam considering virtually every member of Congress is a millionaire or mega millionaire I really doubt they would care less.

*edit* HOLY ****!!!! Obama is giving all of the rat bastards a raise! http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...ess-pay-raise/

Would be a great symbolic statement if the people had that type of power.
Yes because that 00.5% is going to be a problem. For Congress that means that they get another additional $870.00 a year. For the average GS (which is GS-9 Step 5) it is about $270.00
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #94
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Obama got his tax raise. So now will liberals finally agree that he owns the economy going forward no matter how it goes?
Old 01-01-2013, 11:05 PM   #95
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Obama got his tax raise. So now will liberals finally agree that he owns the economy going forward no matter how it goes?
The House approved it 257-167, so some GOP'rs own the economy going forward also. The responsible ones, anyway. You're a partisan tool, cutt. Everything is the Dem's fault. This is a necessary first step to more comprehensive reform across the board.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #96
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
The House approved it 257-167, so some GOP'rs own the economy going forward also. The responsible ones, anyway. You're a partisan tool, cutt. Everything is the Dem's fault. This is a necessary first step to more comprehensive reform across the board.
Not to mention all they really did is put it off auto sequestration for another two months.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ef_Act_of_2012
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #97
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Nope its all 100% Obama policy now. High taxes, high spending, big govt. Lets see how it works out.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #98
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Nope its all 100% Obama policy now. High taxes, high spending, big govt. Lets see how it works out.
Worked great under Clinton.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:29 AM   #99
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Worked great under Clinton.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #100
frerottenextelway
█████

█████

Adopt-a-Bronco:
██

The GOP is collapsing before our eyes. Such a shame lol
frerottenextelway is offline   Reply With Quote