The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: When should Brock throw his first Regular Season Pass
Hell, let him get some work in the closing moments of the Ravens game. 6 7.14%
If the seeding has already been set, Let him play the second half of the Chiefs Game. 42 50.00%
Once Manning officially hands him the ball and rides off into retirement. 26 30.95%
Never, Hopefully Elway and Co. realize their mistake and draft another QB. 10 11.90%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #26
Bronco Yoda

Last min. of this years Super Bowl when we're running the clock out against the 49'rs.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Last min. of this years Super Bowl when we're running the clock out against the 49'rs.
You mean the Buccaneers.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #28
schaaf

I don't want to see him at all. My first game since 2006 is going to be the KFC game, and I swear to god if Brock plays the whole game im ****ting on the 50 yard line.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
Bacchus

Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #30
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
And here is why people hate the guy. They hate him because they have the moronic idea that he was drafted because of his friendship with Jack Elway.

Brock may end up being a bad pick, who knows. I'm not claiming him to be the next big thing. But I think John Elway, between the Manning signing, the Tebow trade, getting Koppen, getting Holliday, etc. has earned a lot of trust from Bronco fans. I think he should be given some slack. The idea that he put his personal relationships before this team's is so ridiculous it's insane.
Well said....rep!

Also add in that this Iowa guy was butthurt the Broncos didn't draft Foles...
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #31
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by IA-Broncosfan53 View Post
But you could have picked anyone to study underneath Manning

And they did just that when they selected Brock Osweiler

But it's human nature to gravitate towards and have stronger positive connections to things/people we are already familiar with. If you don't think the decision to draft Osweiler wasn't impacted by a personal familiar relationship even in Elway's most subconscious levels, you are fooling yourself. Perhaps the decision wasn't entirely predicated (I can't possibly imagine it was) on their relationship, but without question to me the thoughts of his son were somewhere in his mind when he drafted Brock.

Ok, even if the deciding factor between him and some other player was due to his son's personal relationship with Brock...big deal. I recall Tommy Lasorda drafting his Godson as a favor to his friend.....and Mike Piazza ended up hitting .308 with 427 HR's and 1337 RBI's.

in bold
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #32
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Chiefs game and only if there isn't any way we can get a first round bye.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:45 AM   #33
canadianbroncosfan

I figure after we're up 45-0 at the half against the Ratbirds, it would make sense to play him.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #34
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
A 2nd round pick backing up a guy with 4 neck surgeries doesn't seem like a bad idea whe the alternative was Caleb Haney...Nick Foles just supplanted Vick as the starter, and I bet Eagle fans are glad they got him even though they went into the season expecting much better things. Manning can't go forever and I don't see the wisdom of waiting till you need a QB to force a high pick....best time to draft a young QB is 1) when you don't need him, and 2) when he can sit behind an established starter, especially one like Manning that he can learn from. How much better will the next QB be for having sat behinnd a HOFer? See Rivers and Rogers for the answer.
Excellent view of the situation. I couldn't agree more. Rep
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:52 AM   #35
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
And here is why people hate the guy. They hate him because they have the moronic idea that he was drafted because of his friendship with Jack Elway.

Brock may end up being a bad pick, who knows. I'm not claiming him to be the next big thing. But I think John Elway, between the Manning signing, the Tebow trade, getting Koppen, getting Holliday, etc. has earned a lot of trust from Bronco fans. I think he should be given some slack. The idea that he put his personal relationships before this team's is so ridiculous it's insane.
Agreed. I've been cautious to jump on the Elway bandwagon before seeing evidence he knows what he's doing in the front office but I do think he knows what he's looking at when he watches a QB play and this kid has the arm, the athleticism and the football IQ to be trusted, not to mention that the iimpact of having your QBOTF sit at Manning's feet is worth a whole lot as opposed to drafting one two years later who wouldn't.
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #36
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by footstepsfrom#27 View Post
Agreed. I've been cautious to jump on the Elway bandwagon before seeing evidence he knows what he's doing in the front office but I do think he knows what he's looking at when he watches a QB play and this kid has the arm, the athleticism and the football IQ to be trusted, not to mention that the iimpact of having your QBOTF sit at Manning's feet is worth a whole lot as opposed to drafting one two years later who wouldn't.
I think Elway also understood that Oz was raw an needs time to develop which is perfect because he isn't going to be needed by Denver for 3 years. Oz just needs to be patient and soak up as much info as possible.

Last edited by Bacchus; 12-16-2012 at 08:31 AM..
Old 12-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #37
st.bernard

He needs to sit and learn. IMO
Old 12-16-2012, 12:27 PM   #38
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

This might happen today if we can score another td.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #39
lolcopter

Old 12-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #40
footstepsfrom#27
helmet to helmet hitter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Joe Mays

and there he is...
footstepsfrom#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #41
Agamemnon

I almost voted for option #4, but I'm leery of judging players before they ever play. Still I kind of threw up in my mouth watching clips of the guy playing in college.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #42
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

2015 after Manning retires and Oz is competing against Matt Flynn for that starter's job.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:38 AM   #43
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
I almost voted for option #4, but I'm leery of judging players before they ever play. Still I kind of threw up in my mouth watching clips of the guy playing in college.
He'll be nothing like his college self by the time he sees the football field as a Bronco. He'll be completely different by the start of next season, and only continue to grow from there.

I've never been a big advocate of the pick and still think we'd be better off if we'd taken Lavonte David or Rueben Randle, but Osweiler was drafted based on the raw natural talent he has and the belief by the FO that they can coach him into being a more under control, more cerebral player who still has that cannon arm, massive frame, and good mobility.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:12 AM   #44
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I think kc would be a good bait dog for OZ.
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote