The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
TheChamp247
Pro Bowler

Default 1 seed?

With the Texans losing to New England what does that mean for the Broncos? I think that it vastly narrows our chances for getting the 2 seed, but I also think it significantly opens the door for us to sneak into the 1 seed with only Houston and New England above us for now(Depending on the Ravens game). Here's why, assuming that we win out and finish the season 13-3...

Houston (11-2 Currently the 1 seed)
-Week 15: IND@HOU
-Week 16: MIN@HOU
-Week 17: HOU@IND
Now, Houston needs to lose 2 of these for us to have a shot. Long, but still possible. The Colts are surprisingly good, granted they are having to come back from large deficits. Still, with a rookie QB this late in the season, that's impressive. I can see them losing 2 of these.

New England: (10-3 Currently 2 seed)
-Week 15: SF@NE
-Week 16: NE@JAX
-Week 17: MIA@NE
New England has a much more favorable schedule, most notably the 2 home games in December where I believe that Tom Brady is now 23-1? For us though, they only need to lose one of these games. We'll just have to see if tonight was a fluke or not. With how they have been playing the previous few weeks, I can see them losing to either San Francisco, or possibly a trap game against Miami who often plays New England well.

I think our possibilities of the 2 seed shrunk dramatically, especially with the New England's schedule. Houston's schedule is up in the air. I don't have high hopes of them losing 2 of those games, but I absolutely see it being possible. They will either get their heads out of their asses, or go into a slump that would probably end up getting people fired. I like Houston, but not going to lie, I wouldn't complain. New England simply needs to implode, which we all know is unlikely, my only real desire to come from all of this is to be seeded higher than New England. I'm not scared to face them in Mile High, I'd be concerned if we had to travel out there.
TheChamp247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2012, 04:00 AM   #2
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

That is very weird scheduling ... it'll be very tough for the Texans to beat Indy twice in three weeks. Still, I can't see it happening ... but this season is such a kick, I can't worry about Bye weeks.

Here's what I want: How often did Peyton's Colts play us in Week 16 or 17 the past decade? I think we played 'em back-to-back season finale-Wild Card games twice ... and every season finale Peyton played just one iddy-biddy series, then stood on the sidelines chatting up Jim Sorgi on the headset for 3 1/2 quarters. This year when the putrid chefs come in in Week 17, I want Peyton chatting up Brock Osweiler for 3 1/2 as we coast to victory. That's what I want
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #3
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
That is very weird scheduling ... it'll be very tough for the Texans to beat Indy twice in three weeks. Still, I can't see it happening ... but this season is such a kick, I can't worry about Bye weeks.

Here's what I want: How often did Peyton's Colts play us in Week 16 or 17 the past decade? I think we played 'em back-to-back season finale-Wild Card games twice ... and every season finale Peyton played just one iddy-biddy series, then stood on the sidelines chatting up Jim Sorgi on the headset for 3 1/2 quarters. This year when the putrid chefs come in in Week 17, I want Peyton chatting up Brock Osweiler for 3 1/2 as we coast to victory. That's what I want
With all these QB's hanging out on the sidelines, who's in the game?
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 04:40 AM   #4
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Interesting....
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:46 AM   #5
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

No way does Houston lose two of those games. The Colts are a decent team, but not that good. They got lucky as hell a couple games to win. Houston probably goes 2-1, finishing at 13-3.
New England, boy it wouldn't surprise me to see them go 3-0 the rest of the way.

Not to mention, we have to go on the road to beat a decent Baltimore team, then make sure we don't let up against an on the rise Browns team and a crappy Chiefs team.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:13 AM   #6
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Yeah, and mathematically speaking, I have a chance of dating a suprmodel. But realistically that's not going to happen.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 AM   #7
uplink
Ring of Famer

If the pats win the 1st seed, its best to play them in their 2nd game playoff game in Foxbourgh not their 1st playoff game there. Even if they win out the broncos will be lucky to get a bye now unless someone upsets the pats. The SF game will be close.
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #8
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Right now, I just want to see the Broncos take care of business in Baltimore. Wasn't that long ago that I would have penciled this game in as a loss. Things can change quickly this time of year.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:55 AM   #9
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
No way does Houston lose two of those games. The Colts are a decent team, but not that good. They got lucky as hell a couple games to win. Houston probably goes 2-1, finishing at 13-3.
New England, boy it wouldn't surprise me to see them go 3-0 the rest of the way.

Not to mention, we have to go on the road to beat a decent Baltimore team, then make sure we don't let up against an on the rise Browns team and a crappy Chiefs team.
Probably not.....but Houston's oh so dominant defense has been struggling bad recently. They gave up 37 at home to the lowly Jags. They gave up 31 to Detroit.....and they gave up 42 last night. That's 110 points in 3 games.

Something stinks in Houston. Indy could easily split with them.....and if Adrian Peterson goes off.....we can hope for a Minnesota upset, too.

No guarantee that Houston wins at least 2 games.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #10
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

test
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:04 AM   #11
g6matty

Is there a way NE finishes 1st Hou 2nd us 3rd then we wouldnt see NE till the afccg right? Maybe they slip up in the 2nd rd of playoffs
Old 12-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #12
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
Is there a way NE finishes 1st Hou 2nd us 3rd then we wouldnt see NE till the afccg right? Maybe they slip up in the 2nd rd of playoffs
If I had to bet, that scenario... Pats 1st, HOU 2nd, Broncos 3rd would be the smart money at this point.

HOU dropping 1 and NE winning out is the most likely scenario, with NE owning the tiebreaker.

Anyway, go Niners. I'd much rather see Texans in that 1 seed than the Pats.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #13
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If I had to bet, that scenario... Pats 1st, HOU 2nd, Broncos 3rd would be the smart money at this point.

HOU dropping 1 and NE winning out is the most likely scenario, with NE owning the tiebreaker.

Anyway, go Niners. I'd much rather see Texans in that 1 seed than the Pats.
Totally agreed....and what I pointed out.

Additionally, we still get the 3-seed......regardless of whether we win or lose to Baltimore (cause Ratbirds will lose to Giants).

Pats 1, Houston 2, Denver 3.

And again, to the seeding-illiterate......this would mean we would NOT face NE in the second round.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #14
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

The head to head losses vs. the Texans and Pats make the math really difficult to get the 1 or 2 seeds.

I could see Indy getting hot and taking the home game vs. the Texans, but definitely not sweeping them.

I doubt that the Niners going into Foxsboro in mid-December are going to win with an inexperienced QB. The Pats most likely win out.

The Ravens game is for the 3 seed, but Denver also has to take care of a surprisingly tough Browns team.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #15
Mountain Bronco
Ring of Famer

What we can hope for is the 3 seed to avoid NE prior to AFC championship game. Get either Steelers (struggling) or Cincinnati in the first round and then Houston in second round. I think we beat all three of those teams.
Mountain Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:44 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Totally agreed....and what I pointed out.

Additionally, we still get the 3-seed......regardless of whether we win or lose to Baltimore (cause Ratbirds will lose to Giants).

Pats 1, Houston 2, Denver 3.

And again, to the seeding-illiterate......this would mean we would NOT face NE in the second round.
My only difference here is after witnessing the dismantling of the Texans, I'm not sure another team exists in the AFC that can knock off the Pats. Which means (barring a Pats upset these last few weeks) all roads lead to Foxboro. I think I'd rather that showdown happen in the divisional round with the benefit of some bye-week rust.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #17
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Get off my lawn, you kids!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

San Francisco is, realistically, our last hope for New England to lose a game. They aren't losing to Jacksonville or Miami...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #18
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
My only difference here is after witnessing the dismantling of the Texans, I'm not sure another team exists in the AFC that can knock off the Pats. Which means (barring a Pats upset these last few weeks) all roads lead to Foxboro. I think I'd rather that showdown happen in the divisional round with the benefit of some bye-week rust.
True. Playing them as soon as possible might be the best thing.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #19
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
I would prefer to let Bmore come in there and beat them up and possibly win setting up the AFCCG here.
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
I would prefer to let Bmore come in there and beat them up and possibly win setting up the AFCCG here.
I think the 9ers have a far better shot of sending the AFCCG to Denver this week than those Limpy Crows will in the playoffs.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #21
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I think we most likely end up as the 3 seed, with a trip to Foxborough in the divisional round in our future.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Houston I'm telling you has major problems right now. The Pats defense is not as good as what they looked like on MNF. Their secondary is not that good. But back to the problems for the Texans. Their defense looks to be hurting big time. And if you can slow down their run game, I think that hurts their passing game soooo much. Way more so then if Denver couldn't get a run game going, they can still pass it well. The Texans have been winning some games in the past several weeks they probably should have lost. Indy is playing well, I can see them winning all of their remaining games. Not sure if they will but I certainly would not say they can't. I think the Colts can hang with the Texans.

#1 seed is still attainable but so is the #2 seed. The 49'ers I promise you will be a much better test for the Pats then the Texans were. At least their D will keep them in the game, they are a much more physical team then Houston is.

But it always comes down to mistakes doesn't it. No matter how small they seem at first, they always seem to snowball and often times change the momentum of a game. I don't know why the Texans chose to play man coverage all night long when they knew they had so many injuries in their secondary. Doesn't seem logical to me.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

We lost our chance at a bye. We will be 3rd seed. I expect NE to be #1 seed

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-11-2012 at 12:44 PM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #24
rbackfactory80
Ring of Famer

Here's to hoping San Fran wins and if not I have become an Indy fan.
rbackfactory80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:23 PM   #25
sinuous sausage

I bet SF beats NE. Their defense is unholy.

#1 in PPG (14.2) for a schedule involving GB, Det, NYG, and NO. If any team can stop the Pats at Foxboro in December, I'd say it's SF. They and Seattle (who comprehensively beat down the Pats earlier this season) are actually built pretty similarly right meow, with legit rushing attacks, mobile QBs, and brutal defenses. The 9ers are also playing for that first-round bye.