The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you scared of broncos playing patriots?
Yes 49 41.18%
No 70 58.82%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #1
Drunken.Broncoholic

Default Who's scared of patriots?

Are you scared of the broncos playing the patriots?

It's the ultimate test for the SB. Beat the best to be the best. I know there's alot who would love them to play the game in Denver, but this team has grown this year and I feel can play in anyone's house.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-10-2012 at 08:42 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Tim

We're built to run with the pats right now but @ NE would be very tough
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
bases055
Rookie!

Insert Lombardi Image Here

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

**** any team in our way. I think the proof is already in the pudding (look at the vote). Time for us to stop being scared whiny "we aren't ready" b****es and support our football team as we should, our team really is that good. I think we're just not used to saying that after 14 years.
bases055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

Sure. But don't forget in 2010 they beat the Jets in NE 45-3 week 13 en route to a 14-2 season. But they were one and done in the playoffs, done in by those same Jets. As the old cliche goes, on any given Sunday...
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

6-0 in favor of not scared, yet this whole forum is stuck on being petrified of playing in NE. Who cares who we play and where? Half the forum is afraid of Baltimore, as if today's Baltimore is yesterday's Colts, and Baltimore isn't even that good.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #6
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself. The Pats aren't going to fade away. One way or another, Denver's going to have to find a way to beat them to get to the big show.

Edit: Of course, I'm scared. Scared is good.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #7
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
If you want a job done right, you gotta do it yourself. The Pats aren't going to fade away. One way or another, Denver's going to have to find a way to beat them to get to the big show.
It's called an away game and a 60 minute football game. It's not as far fetched as it seems. Every year EVERYONE gives the pats the Lombardi, and ELI of all QBs has beat them twice, once ON THE PATS WAY TO AN UNDEFEATED SEASON!
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #8
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

Quote:

Edit: Of course, I'm scared. Scared is good.

Edit: Scared is not at all good. Scared is an excuse.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #9
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bases055 View Post
**** any team in our way. I think the proof is already in the pudding (look at the vote). Time for us to stop being scared whiny "we aren't ready" b****es and support our football team as we should, our team really is that good. I think we're just not used to saying that after 14 years.
Love it! I think it's a totally different feel with this team. Backing in last year, clinching a spot in the first week of December this year.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:49 PM   #10
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Edit: Scared is not at all good. Scared is an excuse.
I'd far rather be scared than overconfident. Denver needs to work hard to get even better.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #11
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I am, especially in Foxboro. If we have them at home, I think we can take them.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 PM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic

I want to see a Richard Sherman type reaction from our players after the game if they play each other and win. Sherman made sure Brady knew he lost.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #13
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Love it! I think it's a totally different feel with this team. Backing in last year, clinching a spot in the first week of December this year.
Thank you! Look at what we had last year compared to now. I HOPE it's not Tebow followers that are bogging our fan base down as it seems to be. We are good and we should have confidence, we haven't had a team like this in ages, why be scared? Why not become a part of this team and fight for it as if we were on it? That's how I remember our Super Bowl years, not wondering if a hope and a prayer would get us through. Maybe teams latch on to their fan base's confidence in them, seems like an OK logic to me. We have a potential top 5 qb of ALL TIME at the helm, a great offense and a SCARY defense. Let's be NE/Balt/Pit for once and expect (and support our team for) success.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

Quote:
I'd far rather be scared than overconfident. Denver needs to work hard to get even better.
Tell this to NE, who you are obviously afraid of. Hell Jake Plummer beat NE in Denver. The way things are going now, we will have to win in NE, but Peyton MOTHER ****ING MANNING is not JAKE the handball player PLUMMER. We're you as pessimistic when Elway was our General during our Super Bowl Runs? Somehow I think not...
Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #15
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

NE has to fall at some point (has already in the past). It's like giving the Yankees the world series every year (see the then Florida Marlins). Who gives a **** - PMFM has the power to will this team to beat the best...and for what? To be the best. Does everyone feel like I'm reaching here?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Thank you! Look at what we had last year compared to now. I HOPE it's not Tebow followers that are bogging our fan base down as it seems to be. We are good and we should have confidence, we haven't had a team like this in ages, why be scared? Why not become a part of this team and fight for it as if we were on it? That's how I remember our Super Bowl years, not wondering if a hope and a prayer would get us through. Maybe teams latch on to their fan base's confidence in them, seems like an OK logic to me. We have a potential top 5 qb of ALL TIME at the helm, a great offense and a SCARY defense. Let's be NE/Balt/Pit for once and expect (and support our team for) success.

I remember some didnt want to face the Vikings. I guess some of us just want to see success at the highest level. Beating the pats on the way to the SB seems just a tiny but sweeter than beating say houston or Pitt.

Who knows, they may not even face each other and this is all for not!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #17
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

IT IS OK TO HAVE CONFIDENCE IN OUR TEAM TO SUCCEED. Crazy how b**** our fans have become.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #18
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Many of these great teams have lost to a ****ty team. They come to play against good teams. Broncos have beaten every average plus to ****ty team out there. Broncos have lost to the 3 top teams. Patriots seem to play up when their competitor is to their level. Hell yes I am scared of that team. I have a feeling we might be going to NE for our game if we are 3rd seed. Now we must hope Houston keeps faltering during the 2nd half.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Yes... if it's at their place.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #20
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

Quote:
I remember some didnt want to face the Vikings. I guess some of us just want to see success at the highest level. Beating the pats on the way to the SB seems just a tiny but sweeter than beating say houston or Pitt.

Who knows, they may not even face each other and this is all for not!
If we want success at the highest level then why are so many of us praying for the easiest route to get there? REMEMBER THE TITANS!!! (the movie, not the SB losers)
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM   #21
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
I want to see a Richard Sherman type reaction from our players after the game if they play each other and win. Sherman made sure Brady knew he lost.
It's nothing some ADD medicine won't cure.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #22
swaiy

Didnt take long for #15 to get mentioned lol.

The Pats can be beat though. I like the Broncos chances now more than I did earlier. They still cant stop DT88.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #23
OCBronco
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This game showed me that Houston is fading and regressing.

If New England comes out and takes apart San Francisco next week, then I might be more worried.

We are getting better on both sides of the ball, and this is a different team than the one that lost to them earlier in the year. I think we can hang with anyone.
OCBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Not really scared but they are a great team. Playing them on the road, in cold weather, yeah its going to take an epic Bronco performance to win. If it happens at all who knows how it turns out.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #25
bases055
Rookie!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Xavier Omon

I've been a long time follower of the mane and am obviously very new at posting. I used this site for years as a basis to follow my team and see overall what our fans think of MY team. Do you think BAL or PIT fans were hoping for NE to due themselves in EVER? Get real, let's be tough fans and not pussies.