The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2014, 01:15 AM   #1
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Default *AHEM* It appears that D.C. and Oregon have legalized it. :)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/...k-legalization

The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2014, 02:43 AM   #2
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

And now Alaska.

http://www.adn.com/article/20141104/...a-legalization
Old 11-05-2014, 02:58 AM   #3
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

All part of the "conservative movement" that's defining America.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:15 AM   #4
Meck77

Good. Im starting to see the negative effects it's had on Colorado. Every pot head in America seems to have moved to Denver. At least now they'll have a few more options. Go pull bongs at the gates of the White House instead of openly at the Broncos games. I think things were better when people had to at least get a card. Anyone could get them yet the smell of dope wasn't drifting through EVERY public event.
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 05:50 AM   #5
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I'm not crazy about it. I may be part of the 5-10% of the board who's never even tried it.

But most of the predictions about what would happen have been off the mark. Tax revenues haven't been quite as high as expected. On the other hand, violent crime hasn't increased. It's actually down. The studies that I've seen indicate that we don't have a big wave of new marijuana users. For the most part, the same people who were smoking it before are smoking it now.

DUI marijuana cases appear to be slightly increased, but far less than expected and involve fewer actual accidents than alcohol-related DUIs. (Maybe because MJ users tend to drive slower?)

The biggest problems concern the relative lack of standards concerning concentration levels and abuse of edibles - which can result in unexpectedly high concentrations that last longer. Those can probably be addressed with fine-tuning the legislation.

I'm not a bit surprised to see liberalization of the laws in Oregon or Alaska. I don't think it will be long before Nevada joins in.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 06:50 AM   #6
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Good. Im starting to see the negative effects it's had on Colorado. Every pot head in America seems to have moved to Denver. At least now they'll have a few more options. Go pull bongs at the gates of the White House instead of openly at the Broncos games. I think things were better when people had to at least get a card. Anyone could get them yet the smell of dope wasn't drifting through EVERY public event.
You tell 'em, Archie.

They should quit smoking that whacky tobacco and just stick to beer like you and your fellow God-fearing, right thinking 'mericans.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:47 AM   #7
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
You tell 'em, Archie.

They should quit smoking that whacky tobacco and just stick to beer like you and your fellow God-fearing, right thinking 'mericans.
LABF is feeling some serious pain this morning ............
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dr-zoidbergs-butthurt-cream.jpg (101.5 KB, 92 views)
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 09:44 AM   #8
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
LABF is feeling some serious pain this morning ............
Only in the minds of simple-minded folks like you who still hold fast to the delusion that there's an appreciable difference between the two major parties.

For the rest of us, it's all just theater and promises of more business as usual.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

What I'm hoping will be the eventual outcome of this is that it will take away a giant stream of income from criminal cartels. Socially, I never believed it would have much impact at all.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 12:47 AM   #10
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
old fart
Attached Images
File Type: jpg duwqm.jpg (38.8 KB, 84 views)
Guess Who is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 01:56 AM   #11
Meck77

I'm actually ok with legal weed. Not OK Denver highways become like LA. It's a friggen mess in Denver now and everyone I talk to attributes it to legal weed. Yeah I'm becoming an old fart. I remember the good ole days when you could actually get up to the mountains and back I'm that old. Remember being able to get drive down a highway. It's gridlock now. Pure gridlock.

Yeah the light rail will save Denver....lol
Meck77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:49 AM   #12
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
I'm actually ok with legal weed. Not OK Denver highways become like LA. It's a friggen mess in Denver now and everyone I talk to attributes it to legal weed. Yeah I'm becoming an old fart. I remember the good ole days when you could actually get up to the mountains and back I'm that old. Remember being able to get drive down a highway. It's gridlock now. Pure gridlock.

Yeah the light rail will save Denver....lol
. They should make street side bong and weed dispensers to alleviate the high traffic levels.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 02:59 PM   #13
Smiling Assassin27
Helmet Tester

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Hemanuel Sandrs

Interesting read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/02/ed...eens.html?_r=0

Quote:
Moderate marijuana use by healthy adults seems to pose little risk, and there are potential medical benefits, including easing nausea and pain. But it has long been known that, with the brain developing into the mid-20s, young people who smoke early and often are more likely to have learning and mental health problems. Now researchers suggest existing studies are no longer sufficient. Much of what’s known is based on studies conducted years ago with much less powerful pot.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #14
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
One of the ironic things is that the federal classification of marijuana as a class I controlled substance (akin to heroin) deterred most studies in the past. There really is a serious lack of scientific research on the issue.

Hopefully, that will change now.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #15
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Only in the minds of simple-minded folks like you who still hold fast to the delusion that there's an appreciable difference between the two major parties.

For the rest of us, it's all just theater and promises of more business as usual.
Here's my prediction. GOP (probably Jeb, lol) will win the White House in '16 in "the most important election in our lives" because it's their "turn," new president pisses everyone off but still gets reelected because it's 8 years dem 8 years repub, and can't upset that, and in 2022 the dems come roaring back like its 2006, and here we go again. Then in 2024 the dems win the White House and people on boards like this will once again declare the republican party dead. Until 2030 when the gop wins another big election. Voters in this country are ****ing stupid.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 05:22 PM   #16
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Here's my prediction. GOP (probably Jeb, lol) will win the White House in '16 in "the most important election in our lives" because it's their "turn," new president pisses everyone off but still gets reelected because it's 8 years dem 8 years repub, and can't upset that, and in 2022 the dems come roaring back like its 2006, and here we go again. Then in 2024 the dems win the White House and people on boards like this will once again declare the republican party dead. Until 2030 when the gop wins another big election. Voters in this country are ****ing stupid.
Well, Jeb's son just indicated to the press that his dad would "more than likely" run in 2016, so there you have it.

As unfathomable as it may seem, I don't doubt for an instant that the same mouth breathers who voted for the last Bush will vote for the next one.
Old 11-07-2014, 10:27 PM   #17
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Well, Jeb's son just indicated to the press that his dad would "more than likely" run in 2016, so there you have it.

As unfathomable as it may seem, I don't doubt for an instant that the same mouth breathers who voted for the last Bush will vote for the next one.
Bush vs Clinton lol.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 01:03 AM   #18
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Bush vs Clinton lol.

Six of one, a half dozen of the other.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:47 PM   #19
DAN_BRONCO_FAN
Ring of Famer

weed will win

Adopt-a-Bronco:
miles

so 3 more half baked states lol
or
light up and get blazed club
DAN_BRONCO_FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:06 AM   #20
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Regular pot smokers have shrunken brains, study says

http://www.latimes.com/science/scien...110-story.html

Among those who use marijuana at least four times weekly, the brain motivation and reward network looks different and works differently than it does in those who don't use pot, a new study finds. (Rick Bowmer / Associated Press)
Old 11-11-2014, 12:38 PM   #21
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:

Among those who use marijuana at least four times weekly, the brain motivation and reward network looks different and works differently than it does in those who don't use pot, a new study finds. (Rick Bowmer / Associated Press)
I'm all for the science. But then we should let grown adults decide for themselves if indulging is worth the risks.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:37 PM   #22
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Since PNAS is chartered by Congress: I wonder if that influences what information comes out.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 01:55 PM   #23
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:

This study showed only a correlation. It is unknown if people with those brain abnormalities are more susceptible to substance abuse (hence why they fit on that side of the study) or if the chronic use caused it.

The media has been spinning that study's results against the wishes of the people who performed it.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 06:06 PM   #24
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misturanderson View Post
This study showed only a correlation. It is unknown if people with those brain abnormalities are more susceptible to substance abuse (hence why they fit on that side of the study) or if the chronic use caused it.

The media has been spinning that study's results against the wishes of the people who performed it.
This argument might work if this were the only study to publish the findings in question. It has been known for decades that THC affects the areas of the brain mentioned in the ways noted.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #25
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
This argument might work if this were the only study to publish the findings in question. It has been known for decades that THC affects the areas of the brain mentioned in the ways noted.
That same study notes the shrinking of "white matter", but also notes an increase in connectivity in the brain.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote