The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default Cam Cameron fired

Is this a good move before the Broncos game?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #2
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Damn, I was hoping they'd hang onto him for another week because he'd always forget they had Ray Rice.

WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Lets go Broncos!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

I just saw that on NFL network. Is this good for or bad?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
bronco militia
Ring of Famer

THE GREATEST

it's not good for game planning....2nd half adjustments will be key.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:47 AM   #5
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Dean Pees is a bigger problem than Cam Cameron. Cameron had the right idea, give the ball to Ray Rice and hope Joe Flacco doesn't find a way to **** up the game anyway.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

Caldwell is in. Hope manning isn't using the same language as he did with Caldwell
Old 12-10-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
socalorado
Ring of Famer

BALT is crippled. They are missing just about every key defensive player.
And now Yanda is on crutches too.
DEN should destroy them.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:14 AM   #8
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
BALT is crippled. They are missing just about every key defensive player.
And now Yanda is on crutches too.
DEN should destroy them.
That game yesterday put them through the ringers. This is a good week to play them
Old 12-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

This is good and here's why.

First it's a sign of desperation and a team in turmoil. Think of some previous teams that were firing coordinators in the middle of the season. How did that work out for those teams? If you're firing your coordinator, you have some problems - and they are usually bigger than your coordinator which leads to...

Second, it means someone is being blamed for a lot of things going wrong. Cameron deserves some of the blame, but not all of it. It's not his fault their line is banged up, for example. The reason an offensive coordinator gets fired in the middle of the season usually points to a problem with the Quarterback. Which leads to...

Third, their QB has not been playing well. He's been above average, but not great and personally I think he's peaked. Coordinators getting fired is never a good sign for the QB. It could herald bad things for Flacco while the front office props him up.

Now this does create some problems for us going into the game in that we don't know what their tendencies are or how the game is going to be called. That said, they aren't going to install a whole new offense in a three days of practice. The verbage will be the same and the basic concepts probably too. If they try to change too much they could make mistakes. And taking over play calling duties suddenly isn't always a smooth transition.

Bottom line: It's bad long term for the Ravens and signals internal turmoil. This team is on a two game losing streak because they finally stopped getting all the breaks. We can win this game if we man up and play hard. Any benefit from their unknown element can be overcome from the transition they are going through and the fact that we're a great team at adjusting.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

The game will be won or lost on if they're D-line ragdolls our O-line and Manning gets pounded into the ground
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #11
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That game yesterday put them through the ringers. This is a good week to play them
Yeah, that game was absolutely fun to watch, but both teams were also destroyed. Especially BALT.
One of the best games of the season.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
The game will be won or lost on if they're D-line ragdolls our O-line and Manning gets pounded into the ground
Yep we don't want to see an RG3 ending with Manning. Don't need to see Brock comin in for OT
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

New leader on offense? Hell yeah it help us. I might see some trickery to try to prove himself.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 AM   #14
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Well, unless our original gameplan wasn't to stop Ray Rice and pressure Flacco into mistakes, what should change?
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
swaiy

Quote:
Caldwell is in. Hope manning isn't using the same language as he did with Caldwell
Manning is using the language of McCoy's system. When he got here, they said it would be easier for him to learn a new system and language instead of the entire team.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #16
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Is Kuper back this week?
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #17
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
They're middle of the road for sacking the QB. Decent, but not great. They've also played some teams that have been easier to sack. If Kuper plays I am not worried.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 AM   #18
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Very nice. Too bad we don't play the Eagles. I think Andy Reid has cast blame on about everyone there but him. Maybe if he'd put down the philly cheesesteaks and bacon grease and focus on football, they would be doing a lot better.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #19
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

someone has to be blamed for the two game skid I guess. Might as well be the OC.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #20
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaiy View Post
Manning is using the language of McCoy's system. When he got here, they said it would be easier for him to learn a new system and language instead of the entire team.
That's true. But there's been times where I watched a play happen, and seen that exact play done by the Colts. To the point where the TV network will run a replay of a colts play, then show the same exact play in bronco uniforms. I see some Tom Moore influence sometimes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #21
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Quote:
I see some Tom Moore influence sometimes
Just sometimes?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

This is a good thing. Caldwell ain't exactly what i'd call innovative or a guy that possesses the element of surprise. He will, however, rely on Rice so guys like Vickerson, Methwolf, Bannan, et al had better bring their lunch pails.

Flacco has the ability to fling it and I think this will be reigned in cuz Harbaugh wants to run it and run it some more. Watch for a boatload of screens to backs, IMO.

We should be able to run it against these guys--especially if Kupe's back--but the ravens d is one of those that can force turnovers in bunches, so knowshon and the other backs had better have this as their focus.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #23
BroncoBeavis

Wasn't Cam getting props earlier this season for the Flaccens finally scoring some points?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #24
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Third, their QB has not been playing well. He's been above average, but not great and personally I think he's peaked. Coordinators getting fired is never a good sign for the QB. It could herald bad things for Flacco while the front office props him up.
Where did you come up with this? Flacco is probably the happiest guy right now in Baltimore.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #25
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Where did you come up with this? Flacco is probably the happiest guy right now in Baltimore.
I think you may have misunderstood. Flacco has not played consistent. For whatever reason he is horrible on the road. He's also not very good on third down, and terrible on second down for some baffling reason. He has very poor pocket awareness. He takes a lot of sacks and fumbles as much as a scrambling QB. At home he's better, and last game was a road game where he played better too.

I wasn't suggesting he was mad. I have no idea what his relationship with with Cam was and perhaps he welcomes the change. If he was part of it, he better step up. IMHO he's not a SB winning QB, at least not one that can take a team with clear problems into the playoffs, the way an Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady has.