The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #1
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

Default McDaniels a HC again?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-head-coach/
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2012, 04:39 AM   #2
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Cleveland deserves to suck for a long time, if they are stupid enough to hire Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.

I'd keep current GM Tom Heckert and the jury is still out on head coach Pat Shurmur.

I might replace Pat Shurmur, but I think I'd keep Tom Heckert, as I like the young talent base he has assembled.

The Browns have new ownership, so new owner Jimmy Haslam may want to start fresh with his own hand picked crew....but don't make it Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.
SouthStndJunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 04:44 AM   #3
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer

Ridin' the McFailboat...

I'd love McFail to end up in San Diego. With Rivers AND McD, they would easily be the douchiest team in the league.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:26 AM   #4
Bacchus

McD really needs to try to get the KC or SD job!!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:12 AM   #5
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not Cleveland any tean but them
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #6
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Cleveland deserves to suck for a long time, if they are stupid enough to hire Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.

I'd keep current GM Tom Heckert and the jury is still out on head coach Pat Shurmur.

I might replace Pat Shurmur, but I think I'd keep Tom Heckert, as I like the young talent base he has assembled.

The Browns have new ownership, so new owner Jimmy Haslam may want to start fresh with his own hand picked crew....but don't make it Mike Lombardi and Josh McDaniels.
Is Jimmy Haslam a poor man's Jerry Jones?

Never trust a grown man that calls himself Jimmy.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

I think that may actually be a Rule of Thumb.

It's hard to tell what kind of owner Jimmy Haslam will be, as he only bought the team a few months ago.

If he builds a new stadium and people call it Jimmy World, then we'll known if the NFL has another Jerry Jones on their hands.

Haslam was a minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers before he bought the Browns.

His dad made the family fortune with the creation and expansion of the Pilot Truck Stops and bought out and merged with the Flying J Truck Stops and is tied into the oil business.

His brother, Bill Haslam is the Governor of Tennessee.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 12-09-2012 at 07:30 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post

Now if Jerry Jones was named Jimmy, that would be understandable, as Jim Jones probably isn't the most desirable name.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #9
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quick look at the Browns players that will be traded next year. T. Rich, Weeden, Harden, Jackson, Thomas, and Gordon are gone.

I think Moreno and a 3rd rounder could land us T.Rich and Jackson, that is if they don't get traded to the Pats.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
Punisher
®WOOOOOO so close you can

Taste it just makes you hungry®

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Orton to the Browns?
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #11
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

If Josh learned anything from his experiences in Denver, he'll probably turn out to be a very good head coach somewhere. As long as he's not the GM too.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #12
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
I'd love McFail to end up in San Diego. With Rivers AND McD, they would easily be the douchiest team in the league.
Or we wind up with a Shanahan situation. I dislike the guy, but as an X and O's guy he is one of the best in football. He wasn't ready for the power Pat gave him and didn't know how to work with players and assistants. He more than likely has been humbled by the last few years. I really don't want to see him in the AFC West
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:50 AM   #13
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

McJoshie to San Diego is a fap-worthy fantasy. First order of business would be trading Rivers for Sanchez after a deal for Mallet fails.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:57 AM   #14
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Or we wind up with a Shanahan situation. I dislike the guy, but as an X and O's guy he is one of the best in football. He wasn't ready for the power Pat gave him and didn't know how to work with players and assistants. He more than likely has been humbled by the last few years. I really don't want to see him in the AFC West
Really, you believe that? Don't you think if he was one of the best X and O guys in the NFL he would have produced a better record than 6-24 his final 30 games?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:00 AM   #15
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Be careful what you wish for. If McD is partnered with a competent GM... that could spell trouble in our division.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #16
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
If Josh learned anything from his experiences in Denver, he'll probably turn out to be a very good head coach somewhere. As long as he's not the GM too.
Cosigned.

Look, this was McDaniels first head coaching job. That doesn't mean that he will ALWAYS fail, as a head coach. Shanahan's first head coaching job didn't go very well, either. McDaniels had moments of brilliance, and moments of uberfail. Maybe he can go to Cleveland, and do something with Brandon Weeden...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #17
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Really, you believe that? Don't you think if he was one of the best X and O guys in the NFL he would have produced a better record than 6-24 his final 30 games?
Dude was working wisth Orton and a bunch of rookies and a dumbass in Marshall. Don't let 2008 fool you. What Mike left for McD was nothing but polished turds.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #18
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Dude was working wisth Orton and a bunch of rookies and a dumbass in Marshall. Don't let 2008 fool you. What Mike left for McD was nothing but polished turds.
Dude he brought in Kyle Orton. You can't use Orton as an excuse whey he was the reason for Orton in the first place
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Lol, Orton was his hand-picked choice.

I will wait until this coattail riding loser has any success sans Brady & Belichick before I start shaking in my boots about him in the AFC West.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #20
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I think if he does get a job hiring a GM too is best route. We are where we are today because of McD's flub. It showed how bad we needed a personnel guy since after SB years. I think we would of had more rings if we had Elway running the show all along.

Last edited by NFLBRONCO; 12-09-2012 at 09:27 AM..
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #21
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Look at Shanahan in Oakland. There is such a thing as being not ready for the top spot. Look at the offenses he has been part of that he was in chharge of. Record setting in points production. The guy is a subject to talent around him. Give him a team where a GM calls the shots and he can focus on the X and O of the game and good thingus are possible.

I hate him but don't think hihs 2 years are indicitive of what he coujd potentially do. Because of that I would rather him not be part of the AFC West
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Mike left him the 3rd ranked offense and number 1 Oline in the league. You McD lovers are hilarious. McD picked Orton.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic

Giving him a GM is not going to work. He will use that GM just like Xander's. his ego is way too big as an HC for a GM to control He sees himself as Belichick. Cut broncos sweater sleeves off for Christ sakes. Being an OC keeps his ego in check.

After all that bozo did with this team I can't believe there's people who still support him.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 12-09-2012 at 09:32 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #24
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Dude he brought in Kyle Orton. You can't use Orton as an excuse whey he was the reason for Orton in the first place
Orion was an "Oh by the way" selection what made that deal was the 2 first round + a second rd. pick. He went after Tebow for a reason.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #25
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
What you mean I can't use Orton as an excuse? He was hired to work with Cutler only for the other to have a fit because McD wanted (supposedly) to bring someone in to show him the system. Who was he supposed to get in April? Can't remember the FA class of QBs of that year... but by April bet the best ones weren't available. Orton was a throw in the trade.

Say what you want about McD, hate the prick too, but he got jabbed by a QB that obviously had an agenda after Mike was fired. Those 2 years... I think way more about the respect I lost for my then favorite player. If he hadn't been such a mental midget... who knows what would have been.