The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2012, 09:38 AM   #26
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncofever View Post
So why respond and quote it? Calling me out make u feel better? Yes I was a bit pretentious. But it's actually no different than the judgemental asshatism you are displaying with your response. Had u let it go it would've disappeared into the myriad of other useless Internet posts.
Love the term "asshatism" here... I'm stealing that.

Anyways, pretty sad story. Count me as somebody who definitely got lucky when I was in college. Drove a few times I shouldn't have, no wrecks no DUIs. Like others have said, now I take cabs everywhere.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Yep, completely agree.

Lost one of my college buddies to a drunk driver about five years ago. It's cabs or car service for me now, every single time if I'm even remotely questionable.

If you have a smart phone, get the Uber app for car service. They're one of my clients, and they get me there safely every single time. Reasonably priced, too.

Taking your car just isn't worth it. Too much at stake.
I do not go to the bars anymore, although I did watch football over a guys house last year drank beer and drove home.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I remember vividly the three times I drank and drove in my lifetime and they were honestly amongst the dumbest decisions I ever made. Once was after a wedding, once was after the 4th of July at a lake and the other was during the winter in Fargo after getting blasted at the bars. After losing two friends in the past several years to that, I will never do it again.

Most any college town has programs set up with their local universities and cab services to get you discount rates anywhere in the area. I know at NDSU when I was in student government, we worked with several cab services to get rates ~ 5 dollars anywhere in the F/M area -- which included West Fargo that was a few miles out of town and away from most all the bars.

For the cost of a drink, you and your friends would get home safe.

RIP to Jerry Brown, peace and love to Cowboys nation.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM   #29
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Wow, Brown's mother forgives him, asks him to ride in the car with her and then this comes out. Would he have lived if Brent had acted sooner?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7707--nfl.html
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:28 PM   #30
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Wow, Brown's mother forgives him, asks him to ride in the car with her and then this comes out. Would he have lived if Brent had acted sooner?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...7707--nfl.html
I heard the girl saying this on The Ticket (AM 1310 in Dallas) on my way hoemm tonight. She sounded like an idiot. The guys on the Ticket were sort of saying they think she is full of crap, but I didn't hear the end of it.

Pretty crazy if it is true, but maybe he was just in a daze, wondering WTH just happened, or thought his friend was already dead at first. Why would he say he didn't want to get out of the car if he was responsive? I dunno... Sad he died tho
hades is offline   Reply With Quote