The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #26
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Am I the only person who actually believes that McDaniels didn't view the 49ers practice tape? I say that because we had our tails kicked. How is it possible to do that much cheating, and STILL fail?
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #27
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Am I the only person who actually believes that McDaniels didn't view the 49ers practice tape? I say that because we had our tails kicked. How is it possible to do that much cheating, and STILL fail?
It was Josh.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #28
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
That is an... interesting article.

According to this:

Matt Russell is the Broncos' de facto GM
We still use the scouting methods McDaniels implemented
Manning is really the only reason we've had any success
McDaniels would have been successful with more time, and it is solely Woody Paige's fault that he got fired
McDaniels has a great eye for talent, as evidenced by Brandon Lloyd
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It started downhill from the random firing of Mike Leach.
I had a bad feeling about this guy the minute this happened.

It was a totally useless move and of all the problems they had the last thing the guy needed to worry about was the long snapper who never screwed up and was a quality guy. But instead he cuts him and brings in a NE guy...

At the time I was thinking, uh oh, is this moron just going to make a lot of useless changes just to prove a point? Oh course that was exactly what happen. The idiot had to show everyone he was the boss even if it meant exposing how stupid he really was.

I hate that smarmy little prick.
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #30
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Mmn. I think the darkest chapter was probably back in the 60s when the team was the doormat of the AFL and nearly got sold and moved.
Yeah, some of these guys have no clue what misery is...until you talk to the old school guys who were there since the birth of the Broncos.

Twice the Broncos were almost sold to outside interests who would have moved the team out of Denver. Gerald Phipps saved the team both times, contrary to what The Moops would have us believe.

We beat the Raiders once between '63 and '71...talk about being made to lick a cat's ass with the Broncos getting beat by the likes of 51-0....43-7....40-7. Twice we finished 2-11-1....3-11...and 3 times we won only 4 games.

We were the only original AFL franchise that never made the playoffs before it merged with the NFL.....and the two expansion teams (Cincinnati and Miami) made the NFL playoffs in first season after the AFL-NFL merger

We were the worst original AFL team with a 39-97-4 record....and never had a winning season during our AFL years.

But one season where we had the NFL's 2nd worst record but recovered to win division title and make playoffs the very next year is considered the darkest years of our franchise.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Yet we never drafted as high as #2. Weird.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #32
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Yet we never drafted as high as #2. Weird.
Yes we did...in 1961 we selected RB Bob Gaiters number one overall in AFL draft...and in 1962 we drafted DT Merlin Olsen with the 2nd overall pick in AFL draft.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #33
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Lol @ IAOFM. Those guys just can't get over losing McJoshie. It's almost as pathetic as their daily Tebow bashing.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #34
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

If any team is dumb enough to fall for the Belichick Trojan Horse trick again, it would be the factory of sadness that is the Cleveland Browns.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:16 PM   #35
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I remember his first game as our Head Coach. He wore the exact Belichick outfit but with bronco logos (cut hoody and everything)! It was so sad it was hilarious! Then Stink ripped him on Sportscenter!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #36
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Swim fins in a sandbox > itsalloverblogman
Just curious who you think is doing better material on the Broncos? The Denver Post?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #37
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushaholic View Post
Singletary always scripted his first 15 or so plays. If you watch that game you'll notice we held them in check until halftime where they adjusted, and McDamnit ate a pizza.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #38
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Lol @ IAOFM. Those guys just can't get over losing McJoshie. It's almost as pathetic as their daily Tebow bashing.
Ted Bartlett is one guy, not "those guys". And if you know they bash Timmy "daily", does that mean you read their terrible stuff every day?
Old 12-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #39
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Ted Bartlett is one guy, not "those guys". And if you know they bash Timmy "daily", does that mean you read their terrible stuff every day?
I do. I like to laugh daily. And they all think McJoshie wasn't given enough time.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #40
Drunken.Broncoholic

If it wasn't for McDamnit Von Miller would probably be a Buffalo Bill right now.

I give props to the creator of "joshmcdanielssucks.com". That website got me through some tough times.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:31 PM   #41
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
If it wasn't for McDamnit Von Miller would probably be a Buffalo Bill right now.
That's the silver lining! Plus, we'd have Cutler instead of Manning.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #42
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Yes we did...in 1961 we selected RB Bob Gaiters number one overall in AFL draft...and in 1962 we drafted DT Merlin Olsen with the 2nd overall pick in AFL draft.....
I think you know I meant the NFL draft. Von Miller is the highest drafted player Denver has had since the merger. Using the pre merger AFL draft obviously does not apply.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #43
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
That is an... interesting article.

According to this:

Matt Russell is the Broncos' de facto GM
We still use the scouting methods McDaniels implemented
Manning is really the only reason we've had any success
McDaniels would have been successful with more time, and it is solely Woody Paige's fault that he got fired
McDaniels has a great eye for talent, as evidenced by Brandon Lloyd
Wasn't BLloyd inactive for all of 2009
Yeah right he knew what he had in Lloyd
Not like this was rod smith on the practice squad who they promoted over miller
This was a journeyman wr who they thought so much of to deactivate for every game of 2009

Lol at iaofm

Last edited by CEH; 12-05-2012 at 06:55 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #44
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Just curious who you think is doing better material on the Broncos? The Denver Post?
If you didn't know, That same author of the McDaniels piece sent him a note that he needs to give credit when he steals articles and posts them on the Mane.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #45
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

Quote:

This is a goof....

Riiight?
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:23 PM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
This is a goof....

Riiight?
No, not at all. Tell us who's doing better work on the Broncos. I'd love to hear it. I mean, you posted their material here once so you must have liked it at that point. Right?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #47
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I remember I was in the Bed Bath n Beyond ****ter reading ESPN on my phone and I found out. Greatest **** I ever took.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #48
v2micca
Ring of Famer

I have fun with IAOFM. When Ted takes a break from expounding how great his football knowledge is and how retarded the rest of the world is, he actually does some fun analysis of game film and his series on the Peyton Manning offense was an entertaining read. Doug's daily Lards tend to be a nice concise aggregate of most of the interesting news stories that day. And TJ's gut reactions tend to be fun read immediately post game.

But yeah, a couple of the admins over there do seem to have an axe to grind with Tebow and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And they all seem to worship at the alter of Bill Belicheck. I get the guy is a great coach. But the 'Patriot Way' is not the only path to success in the NFL. It feels like they forget that fact at times.

Another knock against them is they actively recommend Christmas Ape. I'll admit, I'm no fan of Peter King and actually do think he is a tool. But when you entire shtick consists of ripping off someone else's work word for word and then annotating it with snarky comments, you are dog**** in my eyes.

Last edited by v2micca; 12-05-2012 at 07:51 PM..
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #49
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I remember I was in the Bed Bath n Beyond ****ter reading ESPN on my phone and I found out. Greatest **** I ever took.
That dump you took is pretty much symbolic of McDummy's tenure and what he did to the organization!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #50
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
I have fun with IAOFM. When Ted takes a break from expounding how great his football knowledge is and how retarded the rest of the world is, he actually does some fun analysis of game film and his series on the Peyton Manning offense was an entertaining read. Doug's daily Lards tend to be a nice concise aggregate of most of the interesting news stories that day. And TJ's gut reactions tend to be fun read immediately post game.

But yeah, a couple of the admins over there do seem to have an axe to grind with Tebow and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. And they all seem to worship at the alter of Bill Belicheck. I get the guy is a great coach. But the 'Patriot Way' is not the only path to success in the NFL. It feels like they forget that fact at times.

Another knock against them is they actively recommend Christmas Ape. I'll admit, I'm no fan of Peter King and actually do think he is a tool. But when you entire shtick consists of ripping off someone else's work word for word and then annotating it with snarky comments, you are dog**** in my eyes.
The Patriots Way is looking more and more like a complete scam. Tell me IAOFM, what was Bill Bellicheck's HC record before one Tom Brady was dropped into is lap? LMAO at the fact that the "Patriots Way" is centered around a HoF QB and a coach who video tapes opponents pre-game walk throughs.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote