The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #1
comoose00

Default Last 4 games...

I think we will need to win all 4 to win the second seed. I also feel that PM should play out the season, regardless of how the games fall. If you look at the track record of PM we should play him all 16 weeks even if we lose in BAL. Only one time in the last 10 years did he play in all 16 reg season game. Not because injury, because Dungy would sit his starters. The one season he played all 16 games he won his only superbowl. I have already seen a couple of articles that BO might come off the bench in the last couple of games. If that happens I think it will easily hurt the team and cause a quick exit out of the playoffs.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Basically it comes down to these 4 teams in the AFC (Broncos, Ravens, Texans, Patriots). The final 2 games in the playoffs will come down to those teams. Yes, if we win out then we have a good shot at #2 seed. Thanks to the epic failure of some other teams that should have won games against Houston, Patriots and Ravens, it's going to be much tougher then it could have. But honestly I think the top 4 teams in the AFC there is not 1 clear better team. Anybody can beat anybody. It all comes down to error free football on gameday.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
comoose00

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Basically it comes down to these 4 teams in the AFC (Broncos, Ravens, Texans, Patriots). The final 2 games in the playoffs will come down to those teams. Yes, if we win out then we have a good shot at #2 seed. Thanks to the epic failure of some other teams that should have won games against Houston, Patriots and Ravens, it's going to be much tougher then it could have. But honestly I think the top 4 teams in the AFC there is not 1 clear better team. Anybody can beat anybody. It all comes down to error free football on gameday.
Agreed. But I do feel out of the 4 teams we match up well vs all of them, giving us the slight edge.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #4
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I wouldn't count the Steelers out just yet. There defense is finally getting healthy and playing GREAT. Ben will be back before the playoffs. Pitt is not a team I'd want to face in a few weeks.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:36 AM   #5
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

If we win out all needs happen is NE lose one game for us to get the 2 seed correct?

Would we have gotten the 2 seed if the Ravens won yesterday and NE and Broncos won out with the Ravens losing only to us.

Who would have won that three way tie in the case that we beat the Ravens and NE beat us.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

I must admit it feels really good to be confident going into the playoffs. The last couple of years we feel short or barely got in. I would REALLY love to see the broncos play the colts in the playoffs though. That would be awesome!
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
comoose00

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
If we win out all needs happen is NE lose one game for us to get the 2 seed correct?

Would we have gotten the 2 seed if the Ravens won yesterday and NE and Broncos won out with the Ravens losing only to us.

Who would have won that three way tie in the case that we beat the Ravens and NE beat us.
TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION

If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.
Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format).

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games among the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss
Old 12-03-2012, 09:54 AM   #8
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by comoose00 View Post
Agreed. But I do feel out of the 4 teams we match up well vs all of them, giving us the slight edge.
Let's see Raven game first before we say this. If we beat the Raven's then I might buy this.

I still disagree about us matching up well with NE this year. TE's kill us and they have two of them.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:57 AM   #9
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Correct.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:03 AM   #10
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
There is just no possible way you can look at the Patriots and think we match up well with them. We've played 3 times in the last year. They've decimated our defense each and every time.

I think we can beat Houston and I expect us to beat Baltimore.

The Patriots... they have a massive advantage in the slot and at tight-end that we just can't match up with.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #11
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
There is just no possible way you can look at the Patriots and think we match up well with them. We've played 3 times in the last year. They've decimated our defense each and every time.

The Patriots... they have a massive advantage in the slot and at tight-end that we just can't match up with.
Agreed

I'd love to beat the Pats but, man does everybody forget what they watched facing them.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the biggest mismatch with the Patriots is our coaching staff. Fox and Co. are always clueless until it's too late against the Belicock.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
the biggest mismatch with the Patriots is our coaching staff. Fox and Co. are always clueless until it's too late against the Belicock.
Yep and they expose our flaws the best.

Plus we have to start scoring more then 7 pts in the first half (esp on the road) against any of these playoff teams. If not offseason will start faster then we all want.
Old 12-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #14
jerseyguy4

Quote:

I agree we don't match up well, and I'm not eager to play them either.

However, last year they decimated the defense when it was ranked #20 in the NFL. #3 right now, and much improved since our first meeting in 2012.
Last year Allen, this year Del Rio.

I'd expect a tight, gut wrenching, nail biter....but not necessarily a loss
Old 12-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #15
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Joe Mays not being out there will make a rematch with the Cheatriots (if necessary) a totally different game.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
comoose00

Quote:

first off they only have one te. We do have a faster defense that does match up with them. I do not care about last year cause we are not the same team. So if you look at the lose you will find that our mental errors killed us. 2 red zone turnovers. WM dropping the for sure 4 and 1 pass. Now that we don't have Mays we can play the run and will not allow them to have 250 yards rushing. PM sack fumble as well. We only lost by 10.

So you can look at it one of two ways. Since we played them 8 games ago I think we have tightened up some of our issues. Run defense is much improved since that game. I also thin DT secures the ball better and since we prob will not play them until, the AFC CG we will have WM back and will be fine. Or you can see it as a dog that got its ass kicked and is going hide under a table with its tail between its legs.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #17
Drunken.Broncoholic

If seedings come down to that last KC game The starters play. If its set in stone i assume manning sits and Brock starts.

Some one brought up the only time manning didnt rest going into playoffs was the year he won the SB.
Old 12-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #18
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Joe Mays not being out there will make a rematch with the Cheatriots (if necessary) a totally different game.
agreed.

he is the guy that was burned over and over and over and over and over again...

we might still lose, but it wont be for that wr slant or rb dumpoff crap
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
I think we will need to win all 4 to win the second seed. I also feel that PM should play out the season, regardless of how the games fall. If you look at the track record of PM we should play him all 16 weeks even if we lose in BAL. Only one time in the last 10 years did he play in all 16 reg season game. Not because injury, because Dungy would sit his starters. The one season he played all 16 games he won his only superbowl. I have already seen a couple of articles that BO might come off the bench in the last couple of games. If that happens I think it will easily hurt the team and cause a quick exit out of the playoffs.
Pretty much.

New England SHOULD drop one to San Fran or Houston.

Luckily for them both games are at their place.

If they drop one and we win out then #2 is ours.

Houston is going to get a bye though, imo.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
Bacchus

Quote:
He is 37 years-old he did not play last year he might be getting ****ing tired. If Manning wants a week off you give it to him.